The Good News, I lost 40 lbs

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

The Good News, I lost 40 lbs

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:28 pm

In case anyone wondered why I haven't been on the forum much its because 2017 has been a terrible year for me regarding my health. Had double pneumonia in May and was in the hospital for a week. Came out and was feeling generally weak. Check up showed I was severely anemic and what I thought was hemorrhoids was actually an anal cancer so off to the oncologist for radiation/chemo. Finished both on August 30th and am just now starting to get some energy back but now seeing a cardiologist for diastolic congestive heart failure. First, the cancer is apparently gone and its now just a matter of the area healing. Secondly the CHF is only slowing me down slightly and outside of getting a little breathless if I do too much, I'm feeling pretty good. Third, since I've stopped bleeding from the cancer my anemia seems to be slowly resolving itself. They continue to draw blood so much that I wonder if I've stumbled into a nest of vampires up here.

As for not saying anything other than to a few people, I'm just not much into advertising my problems. Thank God I moved up here to East Texas when I did. There are great doctors and two really good hospitals; much better than what I had access to in Kerrville plus I had my daughter to drive me to all the DAMN doctor appointments. The hardest thing for me has been just going to the damn doctor so much. The last time I had to see any doctor, except for my yearly medicine review, was 53 years ago when my daughter was born. I've always kind of believed that you stay healthier if you stay away from doctors and all the tests.

Anyway, since I'm not out and about traveling I would love visits from anyone willing to come to East Texas. I have a 30 amp hookup and water available, FREE. Your view is of trees and a hay field and its TOTALLY quiet. Even have a portable fence for dogs. Lake Bob Sandlin is only about five miles down the road with great kayaking and has a dump station for a mere $5.00. COME ON DOWN or up as the case may be.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Re: The Good News, I lost 40 lbs

Postby Rufflesgurl » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:48 pm

Good news Karen. So glad you are healthy and strong once again and glad you are near your daughter. Take care of yourself!!

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby JudyJB » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:26 pm

Ouch! But good news on losing weight and feeling better. I am not heading that way anytime soon, but I'm sure you will have more company than you want with that "ad"!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Liz » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:30 pm

Glad to see you back, although sorry you have had such a crappy year. I remember such a year, and it's my friends on here that helped me get through it. So happy to hear the good news that you are recovering and feeling better. And yes, I would love to come and visit you on my way west this winter. I'll let you know when and get directions.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Yakn1 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:46 pm

Sorry to hear about your ordeals, but VERY happy to know you are healing!
Prayers for for goodness to continue!
I'm not lost, I'm on an adventure!
Yakn1

Postby monik7 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:04 pm

So sorry Karen for your bad year, but it looks like you’re on the mend. I’d love to visit you so will sure keep that in mind as I make plans.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby mtngal » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Wow! glad to hear you are on the mend Karen. We need to say bye bye to 2017!
Diana
mtngal

Postby Bethers » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:15 pm

:( so sorry Karen. But I'm happy you are near your daughter and things are looking better. I so wish I could head that way to visit. I miss you! Hopefully it'll happen sooner rather than later. Hugs!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:10 pm

Glad to hear from you. So sorry you had a Dr appt year but grateful
you had a good team to get through all this. Glad to know your on the mend,
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:26 pm

Sorry to hear the detours this last year and glad you made it through the regime of tests, treatments and exhausting schedules and general worry and stress..... thank your daughter for all of us for being there for you.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby snowball » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:11 pm

well you didn't need to send it my way!!! seriously though have missed you and glad to hear things are looking up
take care it would be nice to go that way and take you up on your offer
sheila
snowball

Postby Olive6001 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:52 pm

I know where a big chunk of those 40 pounds is. Let me know if you want it back.
Betsy, the RV, comes home some time next week.I have a dentist app on the 10th. Will head your way soon after that. OK?
Big hugs, sistah. I'll keep you posted.

Nikki
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Postby MandysMom » Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:23 am

So glad you got needed treatment and are on the mend. Hope you get lots of company to cheer your healing.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby carolb » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:40 am

WOW, that's a helluva year...been wondering about you, so glad you're on the mend. Hope to see you in your new home sometime...memories of stopping by to see you in Kerrville :) :( :)
carolb

Postby chalet05 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:39 am

So good to hear from you, but what a bad year! Happy to know you are on the mend! Hugs!
Anita
chalet05

Next

Return to General Talk