Traveling in the Fall...

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Traveling in the Fall...

Postby grammynmaggie » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:01 pm

Well I was just wondering what everybody was going to be doing this fall as far as traveling or whatever GTG s... short trips ...long trips... day trips..??... for me I will be hanging around Pennsylvania meeting up with Margie towards the middle of the state until the end of September then headed to Florida looking for my new home... but I will be doing some traveling while I'm looking for my new home because I have no idea where it's going to be and I would like to do some GTG also while I'm... I wanted to stay on the coast but I'm beginning to think maybe that's not such a good idea since I live alone down here in Florida hurricanes and all that noise I think I should be in land... anyway we will see what comes up when I go back I'm going to Melbourne and I'm still going to look around there because I'm comfortable there that's why I've been for the last 7 years... so anyway tell us your plans your Jello plans like mine are Jello LOL LOL...
grammynmaggie

Re: Traveling in the Fall...

Postby Queen » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:12 pm

Fall for us will be one Chicago trip to hang out with my niece, her hubby and the grand niece. Then it's off to FL to get sort of settled and get the condo on the market. We've got reservations with friends at Gamble Rogers SP (in Flagler FL) in November, and then the gtg at Hardee Lakes FL (pending condo sale of course). As usual, all plans are set in pudding. :D
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Bethers » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:10 pm

I'll be traveling from SD to AZ. Exact route unknown. I'd like to visit Sheila and hit some places I've selected... But that depends on the fires and weather. So definitely jello. Over the winter I'll be workamping, every other week... So plan to do some playing, also. Playing will include the annual Jan gtg in Q that I try not to miss when down that way.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby elkriverrats » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:32 pm

Will be wandering around MD as many weekends as I can during the fall. Was hoping to get to Elk Co PA sometime in Sept if I can snag an extra Friday off. I think I've put in to be off every other Friday through Nov! I live in northeastern MD would love to hear from you if you are nearby!
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby avalen » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:50 pm

Only plans I currently have is the quartzsite getg in January. Probably do some weekends here n there once I get home. But I do have to scout around and figure out where I'm going to relocate.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:58 pm

My Louisiana friends have a campout planned Sept 21 - 24 in North Louisiana. I doubt I will go because I plan to be in New Orleans the first week in October. Now that I could go to the lake my sister is feeding animal for a friend so she can't go. Don't know what I will do after the New Orleans trip.

I will probably be mapping the Quartzsite trip again like I do every year. I don't want to go that far just to turn around and come home. Would really like to visit my brother in Canada next year. Another long trip I probably won't be able to make.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby monik7 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:03 pm

The only thing I have planned at the moment is to be in Quartzsite. Hopefully I'll come up with some other plans.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby WickedLady » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:48 pm

AZ for the winter. Q in January (3/4 groups to visit).
WickedLady

Postby snowball » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:08 am

sometime this fall before I head to AZ need to go to SD to get my driver's license and of course my trek
to Q possibly a trip to Vegas to take my mom to see my sister...planned on doing that not sure now what she wants to do...if Beth comes day trip into and around Jackson WY ...GTNP and ???
sheila
snowball

Postby havingfunnow » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:52 am

I'm going to wander the Appalachians in Oct/Nov, hopefully a side trip to Assateague Island and another to a Border Collie rescue that is doing some really interesting things with canine rehabilitation. East Lyme, CT for Thanksgiving, followed by a few days in NYC (I haven't seen the angel tree at the Met in the last 5 years, and I miss it!). Then south. Hope to get to Q in January, but we'll see how it works out.
Last edited by havingfunnow on Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby Colliemom » Wed Sep 06, 2017 5:14 am

Heading for the U.P. This week to meet up with Eileen (Beazle) and her DH for some exploring in the Porcupine Mts. and area. Then to the IL GTG at the end of this month. After that it will be time to winterize the rig and put it away for the winter.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:26 am

Don't know yet. There are the fall dog shows and I did make a reservation for the GTG the end of this month. I may be taking Josef down to Orlando for the December National Owner Handler series grand finish. All the Top Ten Owner Handler dogs are invited and they get to compete for the title. Of course not all the dogs invited bother to come and since the dogs are from all over the United States, many of us have never competed directly against each other. I have never gone before but Josef's co-owner has. I am trying to convince her she needs to take off from work and meet me there! Don't know if I will be showing Josef through the winter, staying in Ohio for the winter, or traveling. If I really want to breed Audrey I need to think about where I want to be in January. I passed on my last opportunity because I was having so much fun in Maine this summer.....

But then I need to wait to find out if Florida will still be on the map. Everyone down that way make some good decisions for safety especially since most of you have wheeled homes that can take you farther from harms way.

I count my blessings at this point in my life to be able to have so may options to consider....... :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby chalet05 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:37 am

I'm still at an aunt's in Kansas, but will head to Texas the 12th. Grandson graduates at Lackland AFB, San Antonio - fun starts the 19th. Planning to camp with friends in New Orleans October 1 for a week. Some of us are then planning to go help out in Texas. Otherwise, I am planning a lot of 'down time' this winter - genealogy is calling my name!
Anita
chalet05

Return to General Talk