Leaving on first cross-country tomorrow!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Leaving on first cross-country tomorrow!

Postby JudyJB » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:36 am

Thanks, Laura. I really only need electric, and I am continually searching for new campgrounds. I have looked at Lake Skinner, but it was not really near where I needed to be. Will look at the others. I was very disappointed that Rancho Jurupa substantially increased their prices and no longer accepts Passport America for their hookup campground as of this year. Darn! That was a good place to ride my bike as well.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Re: Leaving on first cross-country tomorrow!

Postby OTW » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:40 pm

Actually I also lived in Southern California my whole life up through 1987 (can't believe it's been 30 years on the east coast). There's definitely a lot to be said for its location. I miss the weather, when still playing league, sorely missed year-round tennis, still miss the Pacific ocean (way different than the Atlantic) and exactly what else that Cutedog listed. Now I'm lamenting year-round camping because it's really sad to have to put your RV away for 5 months, and particularly since you want it out of the snow and ice. I don't miss certain other things (crowded, traffic and smog to name three) but as said, there are always trade-offs.

One of the great things about being equipped to be mobile is that, if all other things allow it, we can have it all Stay in one area for as long as wanted, then just roll up the awning and not only move your home to wherever you want, but have fun on the way seeing new things en route, meeting interesting people here and there and happening into experiences you'd never get otherwise. Just having traveled from New England to Ohio and back, even just once, and here today and for a few days, for instance, "living in" the Lakes Region this time, maybe the Cape another time, maybe who knows where another time (no actual limits) -- I'm sorry I didn't find my way into RVing a LOT earlier in life. But very glad that I have now, at least. ;-)
OTW

Previous

Return to General Talk