Lyn, Sheila and Sandi GTG

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Lyn, Sheila and Sandi GTG

Postby monik7 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:54 pm

Today Lyn (SoCalGalCas) and I separately arrived near where Sheila (snowball) spends her summers in southeast Idaho. We spent the day with Sheila showing us the sights in and around Grand Teton National Park. We forgot to take a pic during lunch but here are a few of what we saw of the area where Sheila grew up. I can't imagine growing up in such a beautiful place.

A herd of buffalo spends its time grazing on land that was Sheila's family's ranch
Lyn (left) and Sheila standing in front of the barn built by Sheila's grandfather
Sheila lived in this house for a time

This area of Grand Teton National Park is known as Mormon Row and is frequented by tourists and buses of foreign visitors. It shows the early history of the area and the contributions made by Sheila's family to the growth and development of this beautiful area so we can now visit and marvel at its beauty and the hard work they put in. Thankfully the National Park Service has recognized the historical value of this area.
Sandi
Last edited by monik7 on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:19 am, edited 4 times in total.
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Re: Lyn, Sheila and Sandi GTG

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:10 pm

WOW lots of history there. Your pics are great and good to see Lyn and Sheila again. Looking forward to my trip in October of eastern Oregon an area I have not seen much of ....yet.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby Queen » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:41 am

Gorgeous pics, what a stunning place to grown up! And how fun for a gtg, meet up and learn the place from a local!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby avalen » Fri Aug 25, 2017 7:58 am

Great pictures, and a great shot of that buffalo!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:18 am

Nice pics! Sheila took me to the barn too! So cool! Very beautiful area. Wish I would have had more time to see the whole area.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Aug 25, 2017 11:14 am

When Nan and I passed through and visited the farm area and Mormon Row what I thought was Wow, think about waking up everyday and going about your chores in the presence of such majesty.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Fri Aug 25, 2017 6:20 pm

I hope to one day go on the Sheila tour.

Great pics!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:05 pm

it was a good day totally enjoyed being with Lyn and Sandi...but a correction the buffalo
weren't on our old property... although the last time Sandi was with me they were...
that herd was big and the bulls were really big...thanks for letting me show off my area...one of
my daughters always said of the Teton's my TETON'S very possessive of them... :lol:
Beth were are you headed when you leave Keystone? could always head due west and we could tour this
fall
sheila
snowball

Postby monik7 » Fri Aug 25, 2017 10:14 pm

I knew the buffalo weren't EXACTLY on your family's ranch Sheila, but felt a few hundred yards didn't make much difference and the grass was just as green. Just wanted everyone to know what it was like.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Bethers » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:01 am

snowball wrote:Beth were are you headed when you leave Keystone? could always head due west and we could tour this
fall
sheila

Sheila, that's a strong possibility.... Weather dependent, of course.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Redetotry » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:42 am

WOW Sandi, thank you! Great photos. It is a gorgeous area and love that the barn is still there.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Return to General Talk