Eclipse Pics from Rexburg, ID

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Eclipse Pics from Rexburg, ID

Postby avalen » Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:07 pm

Wonderful pictures Sandi, so glad you were not disappointed. Thank you for posting the pics
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Birdie » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:43 am

Oh my goodness gracious! Awesome photos of an awesome event Sandi! I, was right with you admiring the events. We had a partial and no temperature difference that I noticed.

I went down to the Grand Rapids Public Museum as they were having a big party! They were pretty much slammed with people, approximately 6400 folks came to be a part of the celebration. The little cafe ran out of food! They ended up only having hot dogs and chips that they had to go pickup! I do believe that the museum managed to pick up a few more members as a result of this event. Their setup was really awesome because that Museum is really small, as is the outside grounds. This had to be one of the best things they have ever done! Congratulations to them!

It was so neat to see all the young children sharing their glasses and being excited. They ran out of glasses at the gift shop before noon. We didn't even get a spot on the sun until about 1:05. That is when we got the first nudge that could be spotted. We got that through an awesome telescope provided by the University down the street and around the corner. They brought 4 scopes with employees, to use for folks being able to view. On the inside planetarium area had a live streaming room showing all the cities as they were coming up to then going thru totality at that city. The planetarium itself had a show explaining the constellations and then the reason for the eclipse. They gave you information on what used to happen during an eclipse, explaining some of the beliefs and the actions of our predecessors! That, too, was cool. But the coolest was too watch that moon "cross over the sun"!

Thanks Sandi for sharing your awesome photos! Woo Hoo! Hot diggity dogs! Awesome event!
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby SoCalGalcas » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:35 am

Birdie, loved your description of events at that museum! Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:58 pm

Sandi these pictures are awesome! Thanks for sharing. I was driving in Wisconsin, and it was overcast, so the daylight didn't change at all.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Previous

Return to General Talk