Chinook MH?

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Chinook MH?

Postby Cudedog » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:44 am

Anyone have any knowledge or experience with the Chinook?

Here is one on CraigsList:

https://reno.craigslist.org/rvs/d/chinook-eagleft-long/6231506337.html

For me, small is good. Although the Chinook went out of business during the Great Recession, looks like a few can still be had for a pretty reasonable price.

Would appreciate pros/cons that anyone might have.

Thanks.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Re: Chinook MH?

Postby Rufflesgurl » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:53 am

Anne, this Chinook looks really nice in the pictures. Have you checked it out? Are you thinking of an RV to full time in? Have fun shopping.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby avalen » Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:57 am

I know nothing about Chinook but that looks like it would be worth checking out.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby elkriverrats » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:48 pm

I Agree! Worth a look. When I was shopping I looked long and hard for a chinook. I didn't find many and the ones I found were pricier. I'm on the east coast so maybe there aren't as many in my area. Good luck and happy hunting!
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby Pooker » Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:38 pm

To me, they are like the Cadillac of small RV's. Like most B's or B+'s they are usually pricey, but built with quality.
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Postby Birdie » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:07 pm

Very good price. Have it checked out. Generator, refrigerator, hotwater heater, furnace, all tanks. Most everything else is normally not outlandish to fix if needs repair! That is a fantastic price. If you are interested, better jump! The Chinook had a good rep for being solid.

On edit, check date code on tires including spare if it has one!
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby Queen » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:31 pm

Agree 100% with Birdy, that is a screaming deal on that rig, if it checks out you'd be getting a steal for sure.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Aug 04, 2017 2:41 pm

I have had friends with chinooks. Very good rig with good resale value. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Cudedog » Fri Aug 04, 2017 8:16 pm

Thanks to all that responded. :-) All good input, and good to know good things about the Chinook.

I emailed the CraigsList seller to ask where the unit was, so that I could go to take a look. No response. I, too, thought the price was really way low - I'm thinking now that this might be one of those bogus CraigsList postings that will ask me to send $$ and then they will "deliver" it to me.

Supposedly the unit is in Reno, I live Sacramento. This would make it about a 3 hour drive to get over there to take a look, but I am interested.

Fulltiming? I don't know. Maybe, with the right unit. But I doubt it. I am too much of a homebody.

I would, however, like to have something a tad more comfortable than my van is, to take longer trips, maybe trips of a month at a time. Maybe more! The big drawback with my van (although I love it!) is that I can't stand up, so must either stoop or scooch around on my knees. This gets old after a few days - but my budget is limited, and a Chinook might be the ticket. And my van will get me there.

Truthfully, though - had I known about the Chinook when I was just starting out, I might not have done the van build.

I want something small and compact. A Chinook just might fill the bill!

Thanks again, everyone.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Cudedog

Postby Liz » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:10 am

Interesting that the paint color scheme looks different in the two pictures....like two different units. No inside pics. Smell scam.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Sat Aug 05, 2017 9:18 am

I believe, unfortunately, that this ad is a scam also. Not enough info, no real contract info, etc. And too good of a price.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby gingerK » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:12 pm

Agree with Beth, this is probably a scam. Too good to be true price and only pics of the outside, and no response to your inquiry. Sorry, Anne. :(
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby gingerK » Sat Aug 05, 2017 1:20 pm

Here is one advertised in my area, Anne.

https://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/rvs/ ... 28111.html
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby hokiephile » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:35 am

A possible problem with Craigslist is that your email goes to the seller's spam folder. If they don't check it, they'll never see your response. Recently I got an answer more than a month after I emailed. The seller told me she found my email in her spam folder.
hokiephile

Postby Cudedog » Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:11 pm

hokiephile wrote:A possible problem with Craigslist is that your email goes to the seller's spam folder. If they don't check it, they'll never see your response. Recently I got an answer more than a month after I emailed. The seller told me she found my email in her spam folder.

Good point. Unfortunately, the only contact information available is via email. Have emailed twice (from two different email addresses) and have had no response.

Considering the cheap price, I'm thinking this is likely a scam. Also, the different paint jobs that were noted by Liz are probably a tip-off.

Oh well! The chase is half the fun! :-)

Anne
The Stone Wind
Cudedog

Return to General Talk