Been a weird year

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Been a weird year

Postby Queen » Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:11 am

Been away a while and as the thread title says, it's been a weird year. I never did go back to work after we moved back to Illinois, kept getting offers but have finally realized I'm probably not going to be doing a job that requires standing on my feet and lifting things eight hours a day, so I'm just sorta retired now.

Mary decided she wants to retire now and since our condo in FL never sold, we'll be moving back down when she's done at the end of September. Things there are still iffy with the psycho neighbors, but we're considering another trailer/rv to give us an escape option. Of course I want to sell the place and go full time, but that terrifies Mary (not having a home base), so we compromise and travel from there. Have to say, I'm pretty sure if I can get her out on the road long enough, she'll get bitten by the full time bug too... just have to let her decompress from work for awhile.

Seems like I missed a bunch while I was away so feel free to share an update here, missed you gals.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Re: Been a weird year

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:25 am

So happy you checked back in. The path you and Mary are taking is a sensible one but still full of exciting possibilities! Some choices don't have to be forever. :) And you will discover the twists and turns and detours as they present they present themselves or you carve the path yourselves out of the wilderness of possibilities!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby SoCalGalcas » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:39 am

Welcome Back! Good to hear about your plans. Taking it slow and easy is smart. Your plans will probably change several times i n the near future!! That's what is fun about life! Hoping to meet you OTR. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Queen » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:48 am

By retiring early (ages 57 and 58) we are pretty much choosing to be poor, but it really is time. We expended so much time, energy, and resources caring for our parents in their final years that we've left ourselves completely drained and seemingly unable to recharge. New physical issues seem to keep cropping up so we decided it was time to get gone! We will spend some time relaxing and seeing if time off will help recharge our depleted souls, then see what's next.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:12 pm

Welcome back Mickie ~ Glad you're back in IL. For how long? You & Mary can come & visit us at the Thomson GTG in early October :D Didn't one of you have allergies also in FL? I think you 2 just need to get on the road (hint hint) then you can really figure out where you want to live.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby Queen » Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:41 pm

IrishIroamed wrote:Welcome back Mickie ~ Glad you're back in IL. For how long? You & Mary can come & visit us at the Thomson GTG in early October :D Didn't one of you have allergies also in FL? I think you 2 just need to get on the road (hint hint) then you can really figure out where you want to live.

Thanks, and I agree!!

I had killer asthma in FL, bought some whole house filters so fingers crossed. I looked at the GTG but we will have just moved back to FL, poop!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby Bethers » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:19 pm

I've been thinking about you. Glad you've popped back in. I love your decision.... I always remember everything I do is in jello.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Queen » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:29 pm

Beth, we've stopped using the word plan, we say idea or suggestion now, or say something is "set in pudding". :D
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby monik7 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:38 pm

Hi Mickie. So glad you posted again. I've often wondered how you and Mary were doing. I retired early and unexpectedly at 57, so know it can be done. It was the best thing I did. Hopefully it will be for you and Mary too. Please don't be a stranger. We always love your posts.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Queen » Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:46 pm

Thanks, Sandi, I always miss you gals when I'm gone, just feel like I have so little to contribute when I'm stuck without an RV. But you're all kind no matter what, and that is worth it's weight in gold!!
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby JudyJB » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:04 pm

Glad you popped in to update us. And maybe after a little retirement, you will decide you have more energy and either decide to travel or find something you can do online or on the road for some income. Things do change--even your neighbors might move!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby grammynmaggie » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:36 pm

Glad to see you back Micki and Mary... things are always changes will never know what we're going to be doing right now I'm living in my Roadtrek visiting family and friends in the North coming back to Florida in the fall to look for a home base my dad passed and his house is sold so now that's what I'm up to... I'm looking along the coast towards the north I found a place in Titusville that I liked but we'll see what's available when I get back who knows maybe our paths will cross this winter for a GTG... even if it's just for lunch or dinner... glad you're back
grammynmaggie

Postby Queen » Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:42 pm

grammynmaggie wrote:Glad to see you back Micki and Mary... things are always changes will never know what we're going to be doing right now I'm living in my Roadtrek visiting family and friends in the North coming back to Florida in the fall to look for a home base my dad passed and his house is sold so now that's what I'm up to... I'm looking along the coast towards the north I found a place in Titusville that I liked but we'll see what's available when I get back who knows maybe our paths will cross this winter for a GTG... even if it's just for lunch or dinner... glad you're back

Hope you find something you like in Titusville, that is such a nice town!

I made reservations for the GTG so we'll finally get to meet. :D
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby snowball » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:41 pm

welcome back!!
have wondered about you two...sounds like big decisions.
there is always the opportunity to work camp can be relaxing and fun
sheila
snowball

Postby Queen » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:17 am

Thanks, Sheila! She mentioned work camping just the other day, even if we couldn't find a place for pay, we could get a free spot somewhere pretty.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Return to General Talk