First camping trip in rig and no more trusting GPS!

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: First camping trip in rig and no more trusting GPS!

Postby OTW » Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:04 pm

Thanks Birdie-- Unless something weird and unexpected happens I'm going to stick with I-90 the whole way. I used Good Sam Trip Planner and found 3 campgrounds (first time just planning 200-240 miles driving per day) spaced that far apart-ish, and I think they'll have pull-throughs so I won't have to unhitch -- something I really don't want to do on en-route overnighter only stays.

I already do have EZ Pass transponder so called today and registered my truck and trailer - they said the same transponder can be used in truck same as in main car. However for anyone else, he did say to fund my EZPass account in advance because of something I hadn't or wouldn't have thought of. It takes 24 hours (my impression was maybe sometimes more) for their system to recognize a new balance and while cars only chew up a few dollars at a time, an RV can eat up $10 or more in one place. The account doesn't re-fund itself until it hits below $10 so you can see how that could overlap if you only had $30 or so in the account. I assumed it would be instant balance update. Not. He did say EZ pass will get me from here through Pennsylvania but not Ohio so not sure how that'll work since I think I-90 is a toll road there too. Maybe have to get into the cash lanes I guess.

I felt for you when you wrote that you're in low clearance potential country and going under bridges not marked. Yikes! I think I assumed that they would all at least be marked! That's kind of damned scary sounding.
OTW

Previous

Return to General Talk