RV Inspection Connection - Has anyone used?

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

RV Inspection Connection - Has anyone used?

Postby hokiephile » Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:30 pm

Has anyone used the services of https://rvinspection.com to have them check out an RV you're considering buying? Is it wiser to be there when they do the inspection? I'd like to use them to inspect something far away before I make the trip. Are there other options anyone is familiar with for getting a used RV inspected?
Thanks,
Terry
hokiephile

Re: RV Inspection Connection - Has anyone used?

Postby Birdie » Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:35 pm

What State and what City are you looking? I haven't used them. I had a friend use the in-house inspection at PPL in Houston, TX and it was real bad. Ended up costing her a lot of money to repair/replace what they pronounced good.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby hokiephile » Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:10 am

Birdie,
That was my concern with PPL. I can't imagine an in house inspection like that is any better than a statement from the sales man.
The site I provided a link to is nationwide. It hooks you up with an inspector in whatever state you want. I'd like to find someone who used this service to get some feedback.
hokiephile

Postby Bethers » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:35 pm

It's not a nationwide company. It's a network of people, rvers, who have taken a one week course connected with workampers and taught by some great rv technicians on things to fix and maintain and look for. I'd like to hope that they would be good at checking an rv out. But, remember, some things just won't be found. I would be willing to give them a try if the price was acceptable. Otherwise I'd look for a mobile rv technician in the area and see if they do inspections and check their price. Again, these inspections are more difficult than home inspections. I like watching the Property Brothers... And the couple in Texas... And they always find problems with the homes during the makeovers and they, I'm sure, inspected prior.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to General Talk