battery powered fan

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

battery powered fan

Postby snowball » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:56 am

I have a black truck both interior and exterior...it was almost a deal breaker but I really like my truck other than the blackness of it
that said I would like to get a battery and or solar powered fan for the back seat...which is where Shadow travels in...he is much more
content back there than in the front seat but I also think he can get pretty hot he is also black :D do any of you use one or can recommend one
or am I just dreaming up something that should exist?
sheila
my A/C is really good too good in fact as I am constantly turning it off cause I get cold
snowball

Re: battery powered fan

Postby MandysMom » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:13 am

If you have a DC outlet aka a cigarette lighter, you can likely find a 12 volt fn with a decent length cord to run.
Or
I got my hubby a battery run rechargeable fan by Ryobi that I got at Home Depot and which have various batteries which will run for longer times the more you spend. All the Ryobi tools run the same batteries and are interchangeable. It was a recommended item on Bobs Wells Cheap RV Living site. They also make a 12 volt charger that could charge the next battery if you have 2 while you run down the road.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby elkriverrats » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:45 am

We have one that runs on AA batteries or plugs in to electric. It cost $5 at Walmart and it has pleasantly surprised me with the air it moves. It seems like flimsy materials but it does the job. It has an adjustable base but no hook. It seems easy enough to rig one up though.
We also have a small metal fan that has a hefty clamp and a long 12v cord. I can't tell you where its from, found mine at Goodwill BUT they do exist. This fan really moves some air but is noisier than the plastic one - I think it is the clamp vibrating making the noise. Not enough to keep me awake but definitely not silent.
Kelly
2004 Coach House "Penny"
elkriverrats

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:54 am

Sheila, I just got this one for the Lance. It runs off of 12V or D-cell batteries (I "think" 8 of them).
Two speeds. Not the quietest thing in the world, but it gets the job done.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/ROADPRO-12-Volt-Battery-10-Portable-Fan-RP8000/40082020?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=1122&adid=22222222227027791101&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=59492584809&wl4=pla-92830084089&wl5=9013554&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=101593696&wl11=online&wl12=40082020&wl13=&veh=sem

It's 10" square and draws 1A on 12V.
mitch5252

Postby snowball » Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:17 pm

it would be nice to plug it in save batteries right??? but unlike my old truck which had two places I could plug in this has one ....before I could have the phone charger and the gps going at the same time now I have to choose ..unless there is one some where that I have not discovered :lol:
thanks for your input keep them coming ok
sheila
snowball

Postby Bethers » Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:45 pm

snowball wrote:it would be nice to plug it in save batteries right??? but unlike my old truck which had two places I could plug in this has one ....before I could have the phone charger and the gps going at the same time now I have to choose ..unless there is one some where that I have not discovered :lol:
thanks for your input keep them coming ok
sheila

You can purchase a dual charger to plug into the single one.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:57 pm

thank you Beth never even thought of that!!! will have to find one
sheila
snowball

Postby avalen » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:05 am

Sheila, years ago I purchased a triple outlet at flying j, Its designed to fit in the cup holder. Has 3 12v plugins plus 1 USB port. Also bought a 12v fan at AutoZone years ago that has a big clamp that I could clamp anywhere it would fit.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:38 am

I was having trouble with blowing a fuse when I tried using the two built in ones in the rig. I thought it was because the one on the right had a short in it or something so I just gave up and started using an adaptor with three outlets. Just before I left for this tip I asked another mechanic if he had a fix so that I could get rid of the extra wires,etc. I had already been told by Thor that the two were connected in what is called a daisy chain such that it I blew one the fuse for both went. Sigh....he told me the real reason was probably because Thor's wiring then to a fuse that isn't really meant to support two devices. He suggested that I just live with the splitter but Not try to run more than one device at a time. I would hope that cars and trucks would be better made.....but I thought that I would share the story if anyone else ever runs into a similar situation with blowing fuses.....

Luckily the radio on the Vegas also has a very nice GPS navigational system but I prefer to run my Separate GPS and leave my radio for important things like watching the camera to be sur the little care is still following me and books on tape.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:26 pm

Sheila, I have that battery operated fan Mitch was talking about. 8 batteries. The batteries last a LONG time and it works great for camping without hook ups. (which I do every summer in August for two weeks) lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby cnq50b » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:23 pm

I have a little 12volt to 110 dc inverter. With it, I can power most any regular small device (like a fan or laptop) while driving thereby skipping batteries & 12-volt specialty items.
Here's what I'm talking about https://www.amazon.com/BESTEK-300W-Power-Inverter-Adapter/dp/B004MDXS0U/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1498875250&sr=8-1&keywords=12+volt+inverter+to+120+volt
I don't have this specific one - mine is just basic a plug for the 12-volt & about 3 outlets along with a usb port & another 12-volt port at the end. It's been very convenient when kids wanted to play on their computers or when I wanted to charge mine up while traveling.
Here's a simpler & less expensive one https://www.walmart.com/ip/uMOVE-UM-002CA-100W-Charger-and-Power-Inverter-2-AC-Outlets-and-2-USB-Ports/55172675
I'm not endorsing either of these but just mentioning the idea - it sure has made my life easier when on the road.
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby snowball » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:35 pm

looking at the picture I may have had one and didn't know what it was or tried it and was so loud I got rid of it
will look for it but thinking it is gone...thanks for all the ideas
sheila
snowball

Postby RitaMc » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:56 pm

When we travel hubby has his dash cam plugged in the left accessories. I have my cell phone which I use to check google maps, motels, campsites, etc and the GPs. I use the right port and I was always plugging or unplugging some thing. I bought a port with 4 plug in spaces at Wal Mart. I don't remember the price but not outlandish. I keep the cell phone charged and can use the GPS at the same time.
1969 Shasta Loyfyte / Jeep Grand Cherokee
Breezie on the road again
[Image
RitaMc

Postby snowball » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:02 pm

looked at some tonight going to look for different type than Walmart had
did find fans although didn't get it either need to look and see how to clip in place
thanks again
sheila
snowball

Postby avalen » Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:46 am

Go look in flying j or loves, the truck stops
have some nifty 12v stuff and not
terribly expensive. I bought a nice
little 400w inverter for $49+. It
works great for my bedroom tv
and dvd.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie