National Parks Pass Increase

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

National Parks Pass Increase

Postby Pooker » Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:39 am

I don't know if this has been shown before, but since we have so many new members, there may be some out there who aren't aware that the senior lifetime pass fee for the National Park Service is increasing - by quite a bit! This is part of the article in my newest issue of the FMCA magazine:

"The cost of a National Park Service lifetime pass soon will increase from $10 to $80." The date this takes effect has not been announced but it's likely to happen in 2017 (if it hasn't already). U.S. citizens and permanent residents who are age 62 and up are eligible. "This pass provides access to more than 2,000 recreation sites managed by The National Park Service, the Bureau of Land Management, the Fish and Wildlife Service, the Forest Service, the Bureau of Reclamation, and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers."

Personally, at the $10 rate, the cost of this pass pays for itself the first time you visit any of these sites, even if you are just a day visitor. Camping saves you even more. The $80 new fee is a huge increase, but it will still save a bundle.

"Passes can be purchased from participating Federal recreation sites or offices. Visit www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/passes.htm for a list of federal sites that issue passes. For an additional $10, passes can be ordered through the mail and a link to purchase a pass is online. For more information, call (888)275-8747, option 3".

I hope I'm not too late with this information. I urge any of you who are eligible to check it out.

Pooker
Evie
Southern California
Pooker

Re: National Parks Pass Increase

Postby asirimarco » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:37 am

Over the year we have saved so much money using this pass just to visit parks. Have to use it even going to Lake Mead to visit the marina where our son has his boat. And to Red Rock canyon to enjoy the scenery and cooler air in Vegas.
Even at $80 it is a bargain.
asirimarco

Postby etexlady » Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:06 am

Better get it now. National Parks website says new rate goes into effect on August 28, 2017. The website states there is a 12 week backlog
etexlady

Postby Birdie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:18 pm

Sounds like time to make a trip if you don't have your pass. That would be quicker, easier (I think) and way more fun. I remember getting mine in Tucson at the Natl Park. Then found out you could get them at some of the National Wildlife Refuge locations. Google it, then plan your trip and hit the road! Get that pass!
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Return to General Talk