UPS ..@##!!!##...grr

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: UPS ..@##!!!##...grr

Postby snowball » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:23 pm

it's one of those things that just make you want to shake your head and say really?
hope it comes early in the am
sheila
snowball

Postby gingerK » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:44 am

Oh Liz, I'm sorry this happened to you. What a lot of botheration!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:54 am

wondering how this saga has worked out. I really love the setting down and reading idea !!! Hope I can remember that one if I ever need the idea, and then I'll just hope there is someone around who can help me up, if I'm down there too long :roll: :D

Hope you have it by now and that all is well,
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Re: UPS ..@##!!!##...grr. Update

Postby Liz » Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:18 pm

I drove 30 miles to arrive at my friend's house at 8 am to wait for the UPS delivery. I left a note when I had to leave for an hour at 2:15 for a dr. Appt. then back at my friends I waited until 5pm. Had to leave to drive back to McIntosh before it got dark...I can't drive after dark due to cataracts.

My friend was home from work, so she took up the wait. UPS finally arrived about 5:30 but started to give her a hard time because her name was different than what was on the package. She argued with him, so he allowed her to sign and receive the package. So I don't have it yet, but will be back in Ocala Wed. and can get it then. :roll:
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:37 pm

Geeze, what a bunch of crap to have to go thru! They just make it harder on themselves and waste their time and everyone elses, not to mention pissing off their customers! :roll:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:39 am

I have one word - FEDEX!!!!
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby gingerK » Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:38 am

Seems like I remember signing for someone else's package in the past. They could have changed the rules, though.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Bethers » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:56 pm

retiredhappy wrote:I have one word - FEDEX!!!!

Let's see - I ordered something from Amazon that shipped FedEx Nov 4th from California. It bounced around the FedEx facility in LA for 2 days before leaving for Kansas. It only took one day to get to KS and only spent one day at the facility in KS. Then it left for ... Minnesota? It took one day to get to Maple Grove, MN - where it then took 2 days to go ... tada - about 30 miles to St. Paul, MN. Realize it's still heading east and I'm in SD. Realize I purchased this same product a few weeks ago, shipped via USPS and received it in 3 days. But now the package left the 4th and is sitting in St. Paul, MN and if asked, they'll probably say it'll be delayed because of weather. Now, it arrived in St. Paul at 12:26 AM today - but so far it's still there. They are now showing me an estimated delivery here of Friday. Remember, I leave on Monday. This could get interesting. It should have been here already. Do not count on FEDEX any more than the others. They'll have to deliver it to the office - in town - so hopefully I'll still have it before I leave.

This is FedEx SmartPost -which means when it gets here, FedEx will hand it off to the PO. Who last time had it the entire way and did a remarkably better job. Let's hope the handoff goes well and it does arrive here on Friday. Pretty please. Thursday would be even better, but as long as I see it going east ... well ...
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:15 pm

I've ordered a few things over the years, don't remember ever having to sign for something, mostly it was left on my porch, and
here, that was never a problem. Oh wait, the one time I had to pick something up at the fed ex office was a cell phone and I had to sign for that.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Previous

Return to General Talk