Getting Ready for the push off...

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Getting Ready for the push off...

Postby Barbzeee » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:56 am

Well I'm sure you all will appreciate where I'm coming from... after all my work getting done in the house I kept telling DH... I need to move the Rig up and get plugged in... as I want to make sure the frig is on and the freezer too.. now that's been days I've been telling the man... (why are they so hard headed ..DUH ).. so this morning at 6:30am he comes down the stairs..Hair looks like he was in a blender..and I say to the darling man.." ummm, Ya know you never moved the cars over so I could bring the rig down to plug in..." Eyes open wide like a Shock wave hit the brain.. and runs out the door... in his skivies.. without the keys to the rig.. .. I just sit there lookin at him.. trying not to laugh....aaah ya have to wonder.. a good man he is..but sometimes his rocks don't fall into place... .. The reason we didn't bring the rig down from where it was parked was he was worried about all the rain we were suppose to have .. and next to the house we haven't put the pad in for her...(another project he's been working on ). So now she's parked and plugged in.. the next venture is to just make sure her lines are clear... She's been winterized from last year and because I don't have to stay in her I let her be..well.. now I need to make sure she's clear.. won't take much.. just have to let hubby go to work and I have my time.. aaaaaah I love the feeling of getting on the road...I'm so anxious.. My coffee get this I made several pots and put them in containers so all I have to do is nuke....I am planning on doing nothing... just heat and eat and relax..omg I don't know if I'll be able to handle all this hahahaha...anyway I thought I'd give you a good laugh...My DH the last of the Minute Men..... everything is done at the last Minute...ooooooh Lordy...

God Bless.. This is gonna be a good day..

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Re: Getting Ready for the push off...

Postby Paulette » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:59 am

Well Barb, it is good you have someone to help you though. (He means well!) How many times have I used that phrase over the years! HA. Well, I have it all to do myself. So, this evening I will open up some more windows and turn the fridge on to make sure it gets cold. It needs washed and windows done and vacuumed out and all the mirrors (this rig has way too many) windexed. But, it ain't gonna happen tonight because I'm puppy sitting and playing with a puppy (and playing referee between the older dogs and the puppy) is much more fun!

So, Barb, and the rest of yas that are coming, it's t-1 and counting!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby Carolinagal » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:53 am

I loved your description of the hubby! I believe I have done one of the best things for me in ages in joining this group. No more laughless days here in my sometimes very lonely little home. In what I have been reading here this morning, I am sure to always find someone voicing something to perk spirits up. So far its a great place . I love your morning coffee times, what a great area to start a day. Sounds like you are getting to use your r.v., somewhere fun, I hope. Thanks for the big laugh today.
Carolinagal

Postby Redetotry » Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:36 am

Got a good laugh with your start to the morning Barbzeee. I think what happenens with men is is they don't really process what you say until the last minute. It's like their brain says when you first mention something...gee that's not going to happen for a long time so zap, brains turn off so this morning poof it went through and he whipped right into action mode. I can't figure out why with their seemingly carefree move through life, men have the shorter life expectancy. Maybe the stress women have is actually good for us.

Oh, have to say one thing you mentioned shocked me....you are going to drink reheated coffee!! :o
Redetotry
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby Barbzeee » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:21 am

Hey BJ.... I'm the only one here that drinks it.. I mean Minute Man..drinks his cola's so some times I have a big pot if brothers don't stop in.. and my motto is waste not want not !! and Hey.. it's still gooder.. ain't it.. LOL

God Bless... this gal just wants to have FUN !!

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

Barbzeee

Postby avalen » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:35 pm

I reheat my coffee too, which usually happens during the work week cause on the
weekend I drink the whole pot, and its a 12 cupper :P
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Barbzeee » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:58 pm

Ok.. update.. ! The Mabel is Flushed and ready... yes, in between posting and cooking I got er done..not to say how many trips it was in and out.. and of course DH came home... Now where do you want me to start on that one ! Like I said.. Mr Minute Man sure ran the marathon...when I said .. .Hey.. he turned on the 9's.. forget about the 8's.. LOL now last thing I have to do is put the goodies in.. that will be tomorrow morning.. tested the slides..check the air pressure and hey.. I haven't used her since I came back from Florida...she needs a bath.. but not this time.. when I come back home.. and as my DH would say.. Pray for rain...NOPE.. not till after I come back LOL Don't want the girls to get wet on their buggy ride LOL

Ok... now I'm going over my check list.. and then it's on with the show..

Check you all in the morning and then next time you hear from me will be out of Lancaster... LOL

Wish you all could be with us....but you will be in our hearts......

God Bless
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

Barbzeee

Postby Liz » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:20 pm

Looking forward to the pictures and tall tales. The truth too...
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Barbzeee » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:04 am

Lizzie.. LOL would I speak anything more than the TRUTH... of couse ya have to tell them tales.. I mean if I told them stories as is.. mmmmmmmm nah.. have to give them a boost... LOL You know me too well...

Now I'm gonna go nite nite and after I tell you all more tales tomorrow I'll head out on the open highway.. Looking for Adventure...ooooh boy..

God Bless Sweet Dreams

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

Barbzeee

Postby Liz » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:09 am

Lizzie was my nickname growing up, how'd ya know, Barbzee. My sister still calls me that.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Barbzeee » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:26 am

Cause I is psychic LOL see I told ya.. I have this thing about people.. it comes to me.. My Grandmother had the same thing... I guess you might call it a Gift... and I never look it in the eye either...

Oh LIzzie... I won't lie.. but I will use a touch of hyperbole .... :)

God Bless and YOu have fun today

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

Barbzeee

Postby Barbzeee » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:32 am

Ok all you great people.. I'm ready to hit the open roads.. everything is loaded and I'm sitting in the Motor home letting the air cool things down... Waiting for DH to open the big gates.. this should be very interesting.. LOL Please Lord let me not run over that man of mine !!! He has a bad habit of running back from one side to the other as I'm backing out... pheww thank goodness for sound on the back up camera..cause I hear his southern twang... instead of crunch.... !! LOL oh but he's a good man...inspite of it all.. We have laughed about the silliest things.. and you know what..every day with him is a surprise...just picture in your mind...Tim the Tool Man.. in high gear.. .. He tries..bless his heart... but he is not meant to be a fixit man...trust me.. !!...ok.. I've now been given the High sign... So to all of you.. I wish you were all aboard.... I'll catch up with you later on after I'm all set up... ...

Paulette..and Lori.. I have cell phone on so if ya need me or anything just call...

Miss you all.. geeez... Bethers..come back to Pa... LOL

God Bless...till I catch ya later...

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

Barbzeee

Postby Bethers » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:35 am

too late for me to come this year- but I promise I'll be back there again. All my friends there (like all of you) and the cg I was at last year - will beckon me back again - in a couple/few years :)

Have fun and I'm missing all of you already- both here and cuz I'm jealous of the gtg.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to General Talk