News of Patty K

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

News of Patty K

Postby chalet05 » Fri May 06, 2016 11:29 am

FB post from daughter in law
Vicky posted this to Moms account. Thought I'd share.

hi....my name is vicky and i am married to patty's youngest son tom....im sorry that we've kept everyone in the dark for the last few weeks..bob and lori got things taken care of in pahrump and got patty delivered to our home in colorado three weeks ago...since then we have had a few doctor appts to try and figure things out....we all knew it probably wasn't going to be good news...so this is whats going on.....she has seen her new family physician..he referred us to the rocky mountain cancer center in longmont, colorado...the doctor there set up a cat scan and biopsy for this past wednesday....she did wonderful....still waiting on those tests to come back...the past week, she has gone downhill...mostly with her memory and her appetite....the memory part was really concerning me, since it just came on out of the blue...yesterday morning she fell in the bathroom, did not hurt herself, her legs just gave out..she could walk pretty good on wednesday, yesterday whole new scenario....so, luckily this happened just before tom left for work...we decided that we were taking her to the ER....I have met some wonderful nurses and doctors in the last couple days....they listened to everything i had to say and then went to work to figure out what was going on with her....she had blood work, an xray, a cat scan with contrast, and a MRI done yesterday....she has a extremely high level of calcium in her system...this is causing the fatigue, the memory problems and some heart issues...they are trying to get that problem under control now...the doctor sat down with us last evening and talked to us...she has cancer...the cancer has matastisized....it has spread....the calcium problem is caused by the cancer cells...she also has some kidney failure happening...may slow down after they get the calcium problem under control....this will be a short term fix....unfortunately, she is terminal....after talking with the doctor, tom and i have decided on the following course of action.....she is also NOT a candidate for treatment of any kind...doctor said it would probably kill her.....when they release her from ICU in a day or two, tom and i will be bringing her home to our house....we will be getting hospice set up and i will have all the help i need to take care of her...there will be no treatment....we will keep her comfortable and as happy as we can.....unfortunately the doctors best guess at this time, is that she has a couple of months left....this has happened so fast for us, but we are sure in our decision that we have made the right decision....if you have any questions feel free the message me or Tom Kenyon, Bob R Kenyon, or Lori Alvarez Kenyon.... i am so sorry that this was probably not the news that everyone was hoping for.......The
Anita
chalet05

Re: News of Patty K

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri May 06, 2016 11:35 am

Wow, that is so sad. I feel so bad for her and her family and friends! Will send prayers to all for strength, and hope for a peaceful passing.

Thanks Anita for passing along the update!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MandysMom » Fri May 06, 2016 1:00 pm

So sad but she is so lucky to have wonderful capable caring family to care for her to the end. Will pray for a peaceful end for her.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby avalen » Fri May 06, 2016 1:34 pm

Definitely not what we wanted hear, but so very thankful for the update
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby monik7 » Fri May 06, 2016 1:54 pm

This is just awful. I don't know what to say except that Patty and family will be in my prayers.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby Queen » Fri May 06, 2016 3:21 pm

Wishing her a loving and peaceful journey.
~Mickie & Mary
Queen

Postby mitch5252 » Fri May 06, 2016 4:06 pm

So heartbreaking.
I also pray for a peaceful journey.

mitch5252

Postby Rufflesgurl » Fri May 06, 2016 4:44 pm

Vicky - Thank you so much for this update. I never met Patty but she is so fortunate to have you, your husband and family to care for her in this time of need.
Prayers to all of you!!

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby grammynmaggie » Fri May 06, 2016 4:48 pm

Prayers for Patty and all of her family ...
grammynmaggie

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri May 06, 2016 5:17 pm

May she and her family find some peace and grace to sustain their spirits as they travel this new road ahead.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Yakn1 » Fri May 06, 2016 5:29 pm

Prayers to Patty and her family
I'm not lost, I'm on an adventure!
Yakn1

Postby Olive6001 » Fri May 06, 2016 6:16 pm

To all of you who knew and loved Patty, I'm so very sorry that you are losing her. I wish her a peaceful journey.

Nikki
Nikki and Olive
2005 B Touring Cruiser
Olive6001

Postby snowball » Fri May 06, 2016 8:47 pm

when I read the news on FB wasn't really surprised had hoped that we would have news that it was
treatable but...prayers for her and her family it is a hard road
sheila
snowball

Postby JudyJB » Fri May 06, 2016 11:52 pm

I did not really know her, but sorry to hear this bad news. Hope her family can keep her comfortable.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Colliemom » Sat May 07, 2016 6:59 am

Vicki, thank you for the update. I"m am so sorry and I know this has come on fast. As I read your post, I was thinking of my aunt as she had a lot of same symptoms Patty has. Turns out with her it was a brain tumor and inoperable at that time. Things have changed much since. But she too went downhill fairly fast. And my mom had colon cancer and after a few months of chemotherapy, was finally declared terminal as well. We brought her home and Hospice came in They were wonderful and helped my her last days so comfortable, so I know well what your family is going through. The shock and reality of it can be numbing, but I know you have made the right decisions. Patty is so lucky to have a such a caring family. I will keep you and your family in my prayers and hope for a quiet, calm passing for Patty when the final days arrive.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Next

Return to General Talk