My latest adventure

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

My latest adventure

Postby pattyk » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:43 pm

For those of you who are not on my Facebook, I have had quite an adventure with my motorhome. I left the campground where I had been working all summer with lousy internet connection on Tuesday (9/30). I am heading to Carvers, NV for my first nights stop. About 12 miles north of Carvers my driveline crashed. That happened about 3:00 in the afternoon. The tow truck finally got to me about 9:00 and I was towed into Carvers. The driveline was apparently fixed on the 6th day I was there.

So last Tuesday morning I took off and got about 65 miles when I had a problem again. I called Good Sam about 4 times repeating all my information. They could not locate me on US95. One young man asked for my GPS coordinates and when I told him I did not have GPS he told me to call 911 and tell them it was not an emergency. They should be able to give me my GPS coordinates. The dispatcher was extremely helpful. She told me the nearest crossroad. I finally got a call back from Good Sam, they were going to send a mobile mechanic. Couldn't find one. So she called back a little later and told me a tow truck was coming. It ended up being the same driver from last Tuesday but he brought a mechanic with him who spotted the problem right away. It was the driveline. We called the mechanic who did the work and he started arguing with my new mechanic. We thought about going back to Carvers but I decided I wanted it done by someone who possibly knows what they are doing.

So I'm now in Tonopah, NV. I don't know how long I will be here. The mehanic has a couple of jobs ahead of me. They got my motorhome pretty level and set me up with electricity. I am very comfortable.

I will be contacting Carvers mechanic again. They do know what has happened.
Patty & Sammie, too
pattyk

Re: My latest adventure

Postby avalen » Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:13 pm

oh wow Patty, how horrible to get stranded. When you say driveline, are you talking about the driveshaft? Hope they fix it right, thats just scary. So what happened to it? Keep us posted, its no fun being stranded out in the middle of nowhere.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby chalet05 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:24 pm

Good grief, Patty! Mechanics are some of my least favorite people at times. Hope they have you on the road soon and glad you are comfy!
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:14 pm

I have been following with you on FB - and am appalled that the mechanic that caused the problem was arguing about it. I agree about you going to the new one. Fingers and toes crossed that this gets fixed correctly this time.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:29 am

I've been watching as well Pattie..it is sure a lonely feeling being in that kind of situation
hope the people that did your work will cover what is being done now...take care will you be coming
back to Q ?
sheila
snowball

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:27 am

Not the most pleasant of adventures for sure. :shock: Glad that you are currently in a safe place and like how we meet nice people even under the less than good situations.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:02 pm

What an ordeal; hope they have you on the road again soon.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:16 am

Patty, what a shame! I had the drive shaft on an RV fall off, completly off, and onto the road some years ago. A car following me hit the drive shaft and bent her wheel! What a mess that was...getting fixed and the paper work!
I commiserate with you! Hope the next chapter of this adventure goes better than the first chapter. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Return to General Talk