It's flooding in Keystone

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

It's flooding in Keystone

Postby Bethers » Sun May 24, 2015 3:54 pm

OK, Pat, you asked for a stop to our SD rain. We certainly need one. It's flooding here now and we need the rains to stop.

The flooding, rising, rushing creek:

The bridge over the road it's going over:
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Re: It's flooding in Keystone

Postby MandysMom » Sun May 24, 2015 4:53 pm

Oh my! Hope you are high and dry and safe! Will keep you in my thoughts.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby avalen » Sun May 24, 2015 5:22 pm

thats a lot of water
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun May 24, 2015 5:52 pm

Oh no! That doesn't look good! Hope you are up high and away from that rushing water!

We are getting rain but nothing like that! Just drizzly crap here.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby dpf » Sun May 24, 2015 7:12 pm

Well the good news is you can keep those graham crackers, chocolate bars and marshmallows stocked up because the burn ban if off!
The bad news is all the campfires are drowned out! :lol:

Luckily we don't have flooding. We've been getting slow rains and it's all soaking in which is wonderful. I just want to see the sun for a change and be able to do something outside. I cannot get motivated in dreary weather. When I was coming home from mom's this afternoon there was an exodus of campers and boats leaving the Lewis and Clark campground. I presume they were leaving early because of the weather. Felt sorry for them. The newspaper said the water in the lake was only 53*....sounds a little cold for water activities to me. I also remember rainy days cooped up in a camper with kids....not fun....you can only play so many games of Yahtzee, Go Fish and Aggravation. Can't play for anything for money because kids get upset when you win and take all theirs! :lol:
My mind works like lightning...one brilliant flash and it's gone.
dpf

Postby Bethers » Sun May 24, 2015 7:30 pm

I now got a message that there's a roof leak at the store. So far it's slow. Nothing to do about it until Tuesday, so hoping the rain stops and we can contain the damage. So far, that's doable.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby dpf » Sun May 24, 2015 7:43 pm

Guess who got to go outside and play in the mud this afternoon! Mom didn't take any "after" pictures...sure wish she would have!

dpf

Postby bikerchic777 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:23 am

Sure wish you could share some of that rain with us, out here in CA! Absolutely no campfires allowed, here :cry: I do miss my fires. We had a safety meeting, last week. Discussed procedure for evacuation, should a fire head our way :shock: The horses would be a challenge. Did you hear about the Napa earthquake, last week? Felt pretty strong in Myrtle, but it was a 4.1. I looked online and we've been having quite a few, here, lately.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby Redetotry » Mon May 25, 2015 1:16 pm

Pat I love the picture of your little grandson!!! I can just imagine the expression on his face, he's probably thinking, this is the best place to play I have ever seen. Too bad she didn't get an after picture.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon May 25, 2015 8:11 pm

Beth, I hope you don't drown out there! Hoping Linda will come save the day and help you out. She doesn't sound very happy out in CA. Think she would be happier being closer to her family too.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Mon May 25, 2015 9:35 pm

BarbaraRose wrote:Beth, I hope you don't drown out there! Hoping Linda will come save the day and help you out. She doesn't sound very happy out in CA. Think she would be happier being closer to her family too.

She's thinking about it - would love to have her here - but only if it's what she decides is best for HER.
Beth
Bethers

Postby dpf » Mon May 25, 2015 11:14 pm

Beth, If someone quits a job like that you are definitely better off without them. If Linda comes to help you out that would be great. I find it so hard to understand that there aren't retired people or college kids in the area who want to work for a little extra income.

BJ...I'm sure Bronc thought he was in hog heaven. Considering he hasn't been walking that long and isn't very steady on his feet yet, I'm surprised he can gotten that far on the slippery mud without falling down!
dpf

Postby bikerchic777 » Mon May 25, 2015 11:49 pm

OK...Everyone will be happy to know that I've decided to join Beth 8-) I need to leave this craziness and the timing is impeccable!
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

bikerchic777

Postby Bethers » Mon May 25, 2015 11:54 pm

bikerchic777 wrote:OK...Everyone will be happy to know that I've decided to join Beth 8-) I need to leave this craziness and the timing is impeccable!

Now she'll get to write about me as a task master.... :lol:
I'm so glad this is working out how it is.
Beth
Bethers

Postby bikerchic777 » Tue May 26, 2015 12:10 am

You and me, both, Beth :D Hoping to be able to write nice things about my new boss ;) SD, here I come! Hoping I can get through the water :shock:

bikerchic777

Return to General Talk