Sewer Hose Carrier Project

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Sewer Hose Carrier Project

Postby Colliemom » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:09 pm

Here's the pictures of the sewer hose carrier project I just finished. I can't take credit for this idea as I found it on RVNet forum. There are many ways to do it depending on how one wants too. Bumper mount or under rig mount etc. First a list of the materials I used. I let the pictures large so you can see the details.

1 5 inch square vinyl post about 96 inches long
2 Post end caps
1 vinyl gutter
4 PVC pipe connectors (the picture shows 8, but only need 4) Mine were 2 inch ones.
4 Cariaga bolts, lock washers and nuts (mine are 3/8 by 3 inch bolts)
1 cupboard door handle

Once I got all the materials, then I measure and cut the fence post to the length of my bumper, drilled 4 holes in each end abut 6 inches in from the end

Then placed the post back over the bumper and marked corresponding drill spots on that. Being a black bumper, used a yellow paint marker. Drilled holes in bumper.

I glued the PVC pipe connectors onto the fence post so that the holes in the post were in the middle of the connectors. That way I could put the bolts through the post, the connectors and then the bumper. They are in effect little feet to give support to the fence post. This was done in order to put the fence post above my spare tire carrier bracket.

After that, I flipped the fence post and set it down on the bumper, put the carriage bolts from the inside of the fence post, through the connectors and into the bumper, fastened it down with the lock washers and nuts. Makes a smooth surface in the fence post for the gutter to slide over. This picture is looking straight through the fence post. You can see the tops of the bolts just inside the edge of the post (there's also some debris in the post too :lol: )

Then I glued and screwed one fence post cap to one side of the post, and cut the gutter down to size at they come in 10 ft. lengths and install the end caps on both ends. Put the sewer hose in the gutter and just slide the whole thing into the pipe. You can put another gutter end cap at the other end of the sewer hose if you want as I did with mine. Just put a screw on both sides of I to hold it in place.

After that I put a cupboard door handle on the other end cap and put it on the end. Put a couple of small eye holders are they are called n top and bottom of the post (you can see it on the top in the picture) as I plan to put a bungee cord or streatch strap from top to bottom to keep that cap from coming off on the road.

Here's what it looks like a all finished. When you need the sewer hose, just take off the end cap and slide the gutter out with the hose in it.

This project can be done in a lot of different ways. You can mount it under the rig frame using U bolts screwed into the frame if you have room to do so. Mine is sealed underneath and right down to the top of the frame work. You can mount it directly on the bumper if you don't have a tire carried mounted on there with either U bolts or some have used Cable ties.
To any questions or need some clarification, just ask away.
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Sewer Hose Carrier Project

Postby beazle » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:24 pm

Wow, Sue, that's an impressive piece of work! :D Maybe you should take orders from those of us less mechanically skilled. Or barter for other services...
Eileen
beazle

Postby gingerK » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:45 pm

Once again, a nifty project nicely explained. Excellent job, Sue!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby Ackcminnie » Mon Apr 20, 2015 5:35 pm

Sue, you have done an awesome job on that sewer hose project! Great pictures and detail that helps to explain how it's done. I am going to show it to my DH and see if he will do one for us.

I check rvnet forum out at times and also irv2, great sites! My DH fixed up our class c Minnie's delamination by following a lot of good pictures and advice from those forums. We are almost ready to get her on the road!

Thanks for taking the time to post all that info!! Great job.
Ackcminnie

Postby avalen » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:22 pm

:D great job Sue
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:26 pm

Absolutely excellent job.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby bluepinecones » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:34 pm

Outstanding job, Sue. I like it so much better than the option of storing hose in the bumper because you can leave the end fittings on the hose.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby Liz » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:20 pm

Really nice work!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby MandysMom » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:23 pm

Nicely done! You have useful skills.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby longdog2 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:06 pm

Great job Sue along with good pictures and directions.
Traveling with the Longdogs
Colleen (Willy,Gretchen,Harley)

http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/
2009 299RLS Jayco 5vr
F250 SuperDuty Diesel Truck
longdog2

Postby grammynmaggie » Tue Apr 21, 2015 3:43 am

Great job !!
grammynmaggie

Postby IrishIroamed » Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:04 am

Nice job & great idea (for the little I know). Not sure I'm mechanically inclined enough to tackle something like that tho.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby judi » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:40 am

Nice project! It looks very neat and tidy.
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Postby dayspring39 » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:35 pm

That is an impressive job Sue... thank you for sharing!
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby MelissaD » Tue Apr 21, 2015 1:26 pm

Nice job :) I can use 3 of them installed under my camper. Where do you store the elbow or the fitting to the sewer connection? I use clear elbows between the trailer connection and the hose so I can see what's coming out and if the tanks properly flushed.
MelissaD

Next

Return to General Talk