Spring, Summer, Fall Travel plans

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Spring, Summer, Fall Travel plans

Postby Colliemom » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:23 am

Thought I would start a thread and see what everybody,s planning or thinking of doing this spring, summer and fall. I have one GTG on agenda here in MI so far and see that Sharon posted her plans as well. Never know, some of us might be thinking of heading in same directions or same place. Traveling buddies or GTG's?
Sue and the Furry Crew
Colliemom

Re: Spring, Summer, Fall Travel plans

Postby gingerK » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:04 am

Ok, so far I am considering the Street Machine Nationals in DuQuoin, IL June 26-28, but haven't commited to it yet.

I am meeting my fellow Midwest Glampers at Clinton Lake S.P. for a MWG gtg on 9/25-?

Several horse people have thrown out possibilities for a horse camping trail ride in April but nothing's firm yet.

I'd love to meet all of you at Shipshe if we firm up the dates.

Memorial Day I may join another camping group (Northern IL campers) at Paul Wolfe in Elgin, but I'm on the fence about this one as I don't like to camp on a holiday weekend.

Oh forgot; I may be back in KS for another MWG rally if I go with my friend who has already made reservations. Not sure what the date is of that one, would also depend on how busy I am with work and if her boyfriend wants to go.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby chalet05 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:40 am

I'll leave Salome the end of April and not sure what I will do with May.

Early June to early July, I'll be in Kansas. Jordy Nelson (Green Bay Packer) charity autograph for LeRoy's grandson (Nelson family lives near my daughter). Dental appointments for 2 crowns :( Family reunion. And of course family and friends in the area.

Early July Slingshot only trip to LeRoy's in Wisconsin with family and friends visits along the way.

August - no plans yet. Mid September back to Kansas for flight to Seattle for 50th class reunion. Back to Kansas for son-in-law's 50th birthday and their Brewfest.

October may head toward Southeast to ride Blue Ridge Mountains on Slingshot, visit niece and family at Camp Lejeune, would really like to visit Charleston again.
Anita
chalet05

Postby MelissaD » Sun Jan 18, 2015 12:23 pm

Well, we home based at Lakewood Village Resorts in Wapakoneta OH (home CG for C2C) so we'll be there most of the summer. In June we plan to join others in Frankenmuth MI and plan to spend a week with the daughters and grandkids in July at Lakewood. Some friends from Lakewood talked about venturing off to Indiana for a weekend just to change things up. May drive up to Shipshewana for a day to see people when that date gets set but "Wana" is not really our cup of tea. Most plans are still pretty open. Mostly depends on work and funds to travel.
MelissaD

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jan 18, 2015 8:58 pm

Probably will stay fairly close to home here. Would like to go back up to the North Shore maybe in early June for a week or so. Depends on if I am able to get a little camper or not. If I do, I will venture out more with that. Tent camping is so dependent on the weather. :roll:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Bethers » Sun Jan 18, 2015 10:27 pm

I'll be working in Keystone, SD again - almost immediately after my volunteer stint at Chiricahua NM in AZ. Will love to see people at either place if they come through. Not sure where I'll be after Keystone - lots of maybes, no definites.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:01 am

I such a creature of habit will be back up in Idaho so anyone coming to Yellowstone and or Grand Teton National Parks give me a yell and
we will have a gtg lol
I have dear friends that are celebrating their 50th anniversary early it's in Nov I think and they are celebrating in July when their
children/grandchildren/great grandchildren...can come and spend some time with them and my girls and I will take a trip up there from what
I gather...looking forward to it...and think there will be a family reunion this year but not sure where or when...
other than that really don't have plans
sheila
snowball

Postby Aggiemom » Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:49 am

I will be going from central Texas up to Coeur d'alene, Idaho the last part of May or first of June. The route will depend on the weather forecast. I don't like contending with high winds, tornadoes, and hail through "tornado alley"!

So if anyone is going through Coeur d'alene this summer, PLEASE let me know and I will meet up with you! I can be your tour guide.
Vonda
2010 Jayco Greyhawk 31fk
Aggiemom

Postby SeeyaGal » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:46 am

We'll be in Quartzsite Arizona till January 30th and then back to our Winter property in Yuma Arizona till first week on April, Dan will stay in Yuma but I will be flying up to Seattle to meet up with my Mom and then we are doing the "Downton Abbey Tour" and flying to London England for 8 days and will go to Highclere castle where they filmed the British series and go to Buckingham Palace and a bunch of other places on a very pricey tour. My dad was suppose to go and then backed out so I'm going with mom and should have a blast! Then May 1st we head back to Washington state to see family and friends roaming around till Sept . :D
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Redetotry » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:14 am

gingerK wrote:Ok, so far I am considering the Street Machine Nationals in DuQuoin, IL June 26-28, but haven't commited to it yet.

I am meeting my fellow Midwest Glampers at Clinton Lake S.P. for a MWG gtg on 9/25-?

Several horse people have thrown out possibilities for a horse camping trail ride in April but nothing's firm yet.

I'd love to meet all of you at Shipshe if we firm up the dates.

Memorial Day I may join another camping group (Northern IL campers) at Paul Wolfe in Elgin, but I'm on the fence about this one as I don't like to camp on a holiday weekend.

Oh forgot; I may be back in KS for another MWG rally if I go with my friend who has already made reservations. Not sure what the date is of that one, would also depend on how busy I am with work and if her boyfriend wants to go.

If you do get to DuQuoin be sure and let me know I am less than 25 miles from there. We have some really good campgrounds here if things are too crowded in DuQuoin.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Re: travel plans,,, what about February ?

Postby JanetA » Sun Jan 25, 2015 8:58 pm

getting a bit itchy now that gas has gotten SO cheap around these parts. wondering if going east,, (due east) might be decent weather for a 3 week stint. Any suggestions from anyone anywhere from central tx to Fla? just wondering about the weather
ImageImageImage
JanetA

Postby gingerK » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:11 am

Thanks BJ, we are supposed to be camping on the fairgrounds and one of the Glampers is supposed to be saving us spots. It all depends on my work schedule.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:14 am

Janet, just check the weather maps and projections. What some of us consider decent enough (coming from winters in Ohio) may be too chilly for you. It takes a meteorologist, and we now how accurate they can be, to predict the weather that far out. For most of us we just drive off and call it an adventure. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby judi » Mon Jan 26, 2015 5:29 pm

I'll be in Oregon until March, then I'm heading to Aspen to ski and visit with my son and his wife. I'm thinking of going to Zion National Park and the four corners area. When I started out on this journey last June I thought I would be traveling for a year, but right now I can't imagine going back to my stick house - this RV thing is too much fun!
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Postby JudyJB » Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:30 pm

I'm spending May and June in Michigan and Ohio, and then heading into Ontario for a couple of week at the end of July. August through early October will be New York along the St Lawrence Seaway, and into Vermont, Maine, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, and finally Prince Edward Island. Heading back through Ohio, then down the Mississippi River Road and to California for Christmas.

Whew! I am worn out just planning it.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Next

Return to General Talk