Campfire

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Re: Campfire

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:10 pm

I would love to have that dog, if I could. My cousin has one (named Red Pants) that is so adorable!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby snowball » Wed Oct 22, 2014 11:40 pm

Kerry has two King Charles Cavaliers...they are really pretty dogs...
Getting ready to leave...so very tired...just going to Ogden UT..spend a week normally go down to SLC
but going to stay in Ogden this time..need to have the jacks replaced or at least one of them (the landing gear)
since my nephew is a mechanic decided to have him do it..just hope that he can get the parts quickly
only allowed a weeks stay there...
I'm always apprehensive about going hope some day it gets better
sheila
snowball

Postby Oma » Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:44 pm

Looking forward to sitting around the campfire tomorrow night with Liz. Sorry more can't join us.
Oma

Postby snowball » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:19 am

today would have been my 44 year anniversary
spent the evening with my youngest daughter part of the day with
a good friend actually we found out that we were cousins she is the granddaughter
of my grandfather's eldest sister...
am in Ogden Ut well rather the 5th wheel is came down to visit my daughter hopefully will
get to see my son as he has to work tomorrow.. so staying down here till some time on Monday
then back up to Ogden spend some time with my daughter up there and hopefully will leave on
Thurs..
sheila
snowball

Postby avalen » Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:39 pm

bringing the campfire back up before it gets buried, stirring the coals and enjoying the relaxing atmosphere. Worked
really hard today getting that chore of securing the yard for the little escape artist. Trips to Home Depot, load and
unload the car, measure, measure twice, cut once, move the steps and crawl under the porch to get the boards
screwed in, but of course I had to paint them first. But in order to get to the underside of the porch I had to undo
the top level of the steps, it just made it easier so I wasn't crawling underneath. Then of course put the steps back
and then proceed on around to the side part. Bring the expen over to the edge and secure it to the deck so it can't
be moved. Phew, pick up my mess and put the tools away. I'm done for now. Will paint the outside another day.
And of course in the middle of all that I had to go to the store and get my groceries, put them away and eat. I'm getting
tired all over again just thinking about my accomplishment today. I feel like I will certainly sleep good tonight.
Will make a pajama run outside with the dogs and then I'll be ready to crawl up in the bed and watch some tv, and of
course I'll fall asleep and not see the end of whatever I decide to watch.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:15 pm

I thought I kept busy today until I read about your day! I'm hoping reading about your day let's me get good sleep tonight. :-)
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby gingerK » Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:05 am

Whew Ava you wore me out with that list!
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

Postby dayspring39 » Mon Oct 27, 2014 9:28 am

oh for a companion for Shadow... but alas cannot do it...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby bikerchic777 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:06 pm

Drove Penny to VA, last Wed, for my DS's wedding :D Long drive! Left at 7:30 and got to his place at 6:00. Changed clothes and put on makeup. Jumped in my DD's rented van, with the fam, and went to Fredericksburg for dinner. It was a big family dinner, for both sides, at an Italian restaurant. Moved to the hotel on Friday afternoon. Without boring you will all the details, Friday night was a big party, put on by the bride's brother. Cocktail hour, then dinner and dancing, mehndi (henna designs on our hands), a drummer, fun, fun, and more fun! The wedding was MAGNIFICENT!!! Mostly traditional Indian wedding, so long, with lots of ritual stuff. Even the parents participate. It was an awesome experience! Yes, I wore a sari. Changed to an anarkali dress for the reception, which was another big dinner/dance party. So much fun :D :D :D The happy couple is now in Hawaii for a 2 week honeymoon. Two islands, but not the Big Island, where the volcano is flowing.

Many friends have been trickling in, here at Amazon. It is so good to see them, again 8-) Had to stop and give hugs during their safety training...lol! Not sure of the future of this FC, but the GM says they just signed a long term lease on the bldg and they just repaved the parking lot. A friend of mine, who works peak in Fernly, said they told them, last year, that their bldg was paid off and they were there to stay. Ya. They are moving to Reno and won't be using CamperForce next year, unless you drive PIT. There goes that plan! Time for a Plan B.
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby Bethers » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:27 pm

Hmmm, where did you hear Fernley/Reno wouldn't be using CF next year except pit? I was told they would be. But as long as they have the same managementthere, I don't want to work there, anyway. Although I could change my mind if my friend who's worked all their locations and is back there this year says differently (she said she'd never go back there lol) And they knew before this season they were moving - as they knew a few years ago they would be closing the KS location. All that said, I have a feeling they'll have the CF program for longer - just might not be all the same locations. I hope they don't close Campbellsville - it would be hell on the economy there - that town loves them.

Glad the wedding was as wonderful as it was. Loved all the pictures you posted on FB.

I purchased curtains and a curtain rod to use to hide my upper bunk/storage area - and followed an idea posted on FB and purchased Command hooks to put the rod on. Well, these hooks won't hold the rod well enough - so going to have to rethink how I put this rod up. I wanted a tension rod - but the cost for the width I needed :o stopped that from happening. I'm happy with the rod I purchased - now just need to find someone to put it up the old-fashioned way for me - into my cabinets. I'll make it work. Need to purchase more curtain panels, also. Got two sets in different colors - am going to get another in one color to use all up there - then two others in the 2nd color and purchase tension rods and put them in my opposing windows (over sofa and dinette) so that there's more of an insulating factor there. Then I might do the same in the bedroom later. Easy and inexpensive, which I like. I believe I'll be able to put them inside the built in stuff, outside the shades - which I'll appreciate, also. We'll see. If/when all is accomplished, I promise to take pics and post.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Oct 29, 2014 8:09 pm

I had heard a rumor that Amazon might be building a warehouse in MN because they are now charging tax on items ordered in MN. Supposedly, that only happens if they have a location in this state, which they don't yet, but maybe soon...?

I am also having issues with curtain rods. My new studio has a large window that is 11 feet across. Will probably need to put up two separate curtain rods across the top to cover the whole length.

Linda, glad you had such a wonderful time at your sons wedding! Yes, Indian weddings tend to be a long, happy party! I have a friend who's wedding lasted 4 or 5 days, with a lot of costume changes! I guess that the wealthier the family, the longer the wedding lasts. (hers was an arranged marriage and she is very happily married to a wonderful guy!)
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby MelissaD » Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:43 am

The states like Indiana went after Amazon for lost sales tax revenue. http://blogs.wsj.com/digits/2014/01/01/ ... ee-states/ I bet it has something to do with that. http://www.npr.org/blogs/money/2013/04/ ... s-tax-bill
MelissaD

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:51 am

The Pottery man from the recliner, just headed out of the driveway to attend the annual pottery get together in Dillsboro, NC. He has gone down every year to watch the pottery contests on Friday and help his good friend work his booth on Saturday. He has also learned that if he stays at the Raccoon Valley Escapee's park outside of Knoxville, he can jam with the local musicians on Thursday night.
It was interesting watching him getting the rig ready for his drive. Checking tire pressures. Making sure he could get power for his C-pap machine while boondocking. Should I be worried that when he went to turn it around in the back lot this morning he mentioned that the back up camera wasn't working even though he knew it was working yesterday. ??? He went to get his tools so he could look into one of the fuse boxes when I suggested he wait a minute and walked into the coach noticed that the frig wasn't working either and flipped the "disconnect" switch back on.... :roll: At least when I take off later this winter he may have a better understanding of my reluctance to drive back north and stop wandering..... :)

I did show him where I keep the Coach Net information.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:15 am

Tina - Will you be holding your breath until he returns your new rig? :lol: Is this the first time you've loaned it to him?
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby gingerK » Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:15 am

Tina, how generous of you to let him take your rig, I'm too possessive of mine to let DH even drive her--except for loading and unloading from Big Blue. Come to think of it, I don't like him driving Big Blue or Pudgy Pony (my Jeep) either. Guess I flunked sharing in kindergarten, LOL.
Any day spent in the company of my animals is a good day.
gingerK

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk