Considering this trailer...

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Considering this trailer...

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:34 pm

I found this on CL today and am seriously thinking of getting it. It is an adorable, small pop-up tent trailer with just one pop out bed and has a dinette that turns into a bed. No sink or stove, but has a cabinet that I could put a stove, etc on to use for cooking. It is really cute! I did some research on-line and these things are hard to come by and are usually a lot more expensive than this one is. I think it is worth it and I can afford it!

Anyone on here ever had one or something like it? It has enough storage to hold most of my camping things other than clothes and food. Could probably put a mini fridge in it too, maybe?

Here is the link...

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/ram/r ... 72668.html
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Re: Considering this trailer...

Postby avalen » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:16 pm

perfect little pop up. Had a coleman pop up some years ago, it was so lightweight I almost forgot I was towing it.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Acadianmom » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:27 pm

That's cute and already has a cat. lol

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby chalet05 » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:54 pm

'Needs work' would make me leary especially on a pop up. $250 may just be a start if fabric is in bad shape. Can't hurt to look.
Anita
chalet05

Postby Bethers » Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:24 pm

The needs work sounds like quite a bit of work as you read the entire ad. How much work are you willing and able to do? Or spend on it? That said, if you're interested, go look. But look very closely. The picture in the ad isn't recent either. So look close.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Carolinagal » Mon Sep 22, 2014 8:23 am

Something that size sounds prefect for you Barbie, But, as Beth said the pictures are old ones, didn't I read was painted red inside with orange cushions now ?? So pics are old ones. Cloth has been mended, is it going to leak in those areas ?? Go check it out, you have to let us know what you find though :D Really sounds ideal, I would go see, you never know. A leaky RV is very miserable when you're in an all day soaking downpour .

Good luck !!!
CArol :)
Carolinagal

Postby havingfunnow » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:29 am

It's cute! I'll bet it's really lightweight, too; easy to pull. I wonder how much it would cost to have the canvas replaced? Hard to imagine vintage canvas without leaks if it's been used much.
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Sep 22, 2014 11:38 am

She said it leaks a little just around some of the windows. I wonder if it could just be sprayed with tent water repellant and seam sealer? Or could just put a rain fly over it if necessary. I like the idea of being able to store everything I need in it so I don't have to pack, load, unload and unpack everything each time. Also the dinette is nice for rainy days. I will try to go see it this week.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:58 pm

Barb, if its been leaking around the windows look CAREFULLY to see if water has gotten into the walls that would cause the plywood to separate cause that's not fixable. Also if the canvas is as old as the rig it could be so brittle that it will just start cracking and fall apart. Also, check the floor to be sure there are no soft spots from water. Honestly it doesn't sound like it was taken care of so be very careful. Be sure the framework for towing will not come apart going down the road. Nothing could be worse than getting something you can't actually use.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:09 pm

I think I am going to pass on this trailer. I got more info on what is wrong with it and it does need quite a bit of work. I don't mind a little TLC, but sounds like the canvas will need replacing soon, plus some other things I don't want to have to do myself.

Will wait until I have more money for another one in better shape.

-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby havingfunnow » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:30 am

I'm so sorry it wasn't feasible. It's disappointing when an exciting prospect doesn't work out.
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:37 am

But if this little one is out there...there are others. :) Now you can spend some time search to see what else you can find!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:25 am

Smart lady. Your's is out there somewhere.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Return to General Talk