RV Days have been cut short forever.

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

RV Days have been cut short forever.

Postby dayspring39 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:43 pm

Hello fellow rvers... my days on the road have ended with a call from Pontiac RV... the cost to fix the roof is almost $11,000... water damage down to the ceiling... roof, supporting wood and ceiling would all have to be replaced...
If they cannot find a handyman to buy it for a few dollars I will junk it... how sad this is but it is final...
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Re: RV Days have been cut short forever.

Postby Liz » Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:07 pm

So sorry to hear this Kathleen. I had no idea you even had a leak in this one. So glad you had the trip to Michigan and visit with friends and family. Doesn't mean your travels have to be over. You can always bunk with others at our gtgs.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby chalet05 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:02 pm

So sorry to hear this, Kathleen! I was hoping the Florida fix was all it needed. I hope you can find an alternative way to travel.
Anita
chalet05

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:34 pm

So sorry to hear how extensive the damage is and that you will have to part with her. :? Glad that you had that last trip to enjoy and the memories of all the other miles that you have put on her.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Bethers » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:51 pm

Oh, Kath, so sorry. But all rigs are worth something, if for parts. Don't give it away.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby cnq50b » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:59 pm

:cry: :cry:
How sad...
Hope you can find someway to continue traveling.
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby IrishIroamed » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:59 pm

Kathleen what a same about your roof. Guess you're not going to make the IL GTG now. Is it a total loss or if you could find someone to fix it (like a really good handyman) it could be saved?

Glad you had your trip to Michigan though
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:15 pm

I'm sad to hear this, Kathleen. Hopefully, like others have mentioned, you can find a cheap handyman to do some or all of the work - just to keep it on the road a while longer. (unless that would be dangerous)...

Bummer. Life sucks the big one sometimes.
mitch5252

Postby sharon » Thu Aug 28, 2014 6:59 pm

Aww, so sorry to see this Kath! Like the others, maybe you could find someone that needs work and knows rv's. Dealers are notorious for high prices!! Best of luck to you!
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:16 pm

This just plain sucks, Kath! I am really so sorry to read this post-----Sue told me about it, and I was so looking forward to meeting up with you in FL again this winter. What about a smaller, second-hand, good-shaped Class B, or something?

I realize I miss a lot of talk and happenings here on the women's group and on ORS Singles now, but, for some reason I limit my internet conversations to Facebook where I can see all the responses and posts without opening anything up. I am really sorry to lose touch with those of you who don't post on there. I am just plain lazy and seem to always be out of time. I try to keep in touch now and then, and sometimes I do read but can't find the time to respond to soo many posts. I feel as if I gyp people by not responding to them all. I miss all of you, and really hope to be able to make some GTGs in FL this year, if I can scrape up the money. I am not sure when I will be returning, but it will be in mid-to late October, weather permitting.

Kath, hang in there and do what you have to do, but, as Liz said, there are plenty of places for you to bunk with others in FL! I even have a house down there in the Orlando area which has an extra room just for you and Shadow! Think about it!

Love to all from me
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby mtngal » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:09 pm

So sorry to read news about your rig! Maybe it's too soon to think far ahead about future travel but there are other options. And oh so lovely to read offers from your friends of a place to stay. Hugs from Cali.
Diana
mtngal

Postby judi » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:15 pm

This is so sad! I've heard of school that train people to restore old vehicles - maybe it could be a class project. Surely there is someone who can fix it for a lot lot less? The estimate seems like a lot of money!
Judi
Portland, Oregon
perpetualmotionrv.blogspot.com

'You have brains in your head,
you have feet in your shoes,
you can steer yourself
any direction you choose." Dr Seuss
judi

Postby monik7 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:53 pm

I'm so sorry to hear this Kathleen. I sure hope you'll be able to figure something out. Take a deep breath and don't give up too soon. You never know when the answer to your problem might just come up. (((((HUGS)))))
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby MsBHaven » Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:58 pm

I'm coming in late on this post. What about insurance? Our friends had a horrible leak and their insurance had it repaired - about $8000.
2013 Thor Chateau Citation Sprinter - 24' 10" - 2 slides

Ms"B"Haven (Margie)

3 Chihuahuas (Buddy, Annie, Maggie)
MsBHaven

Postby bluepinecones » Thu Aug 28, 2014 11:16 pm

So sorry the damage is that bad. Praying insurance will cover it for you.
Just don't give up yet. Something could work out when you least expect it.
Lots of (((((hugs)))))).
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Next

Return to General Talk