Casita Fiberglass Travel Trailer

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

Casita Fiberglass Travel Trailer

Postby Cudedog » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:45 pm

I may be going to look at an older Casita travel trailer on the weekend. Have seen photos, needs a bit of work.

Anyone here have any experience with a Casita?

Good/Bad/Indifferent?

Thanks.

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Re: Casita Fiberglass Travel Trailer

Postby grammynmaggie » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:34 am

Anne.. Google" rv sue and her canine crew[quote"..she has
Great set up with That kind of trailer.... even has a van
similar to yours she lives in this full time with two furbabies dogs
donna
grammynmaggie

Postby havingfunnow » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:05 am

I've never actually seen one, but I've heard lots of good things about them! I think their smallest is 17 feet, if that makes a difference. The newer ones seem to have more "stuff" built in than I like, but that's a personal preference, of course. Let us know about this one, eh?
Louise
Image and The William too!
havingfunnow

Postby etexlady » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:20 am

I guess you know there is a forum dedicated to Casitas and other types of fiberglass trailers? Link is www.fiberglassrv.com. They have a buy/sell section. I had a 1985 Casita (16 foot) that was in very good shape - no cracks in the shell, etc. I really didn't have the best tow vehicle and decided I did not like towing so sold it.
etexlady

Postby Joan » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:14 am

Below is another Casita forum:

http://www.casitaforum.com/invboard/

Below is a blog for another person living fulltime in a casita:

http://www.interstellarorchard.com/

I have been to a couple of fiberglass egg gatherings and the casita owners are very happy with their trailers.
Hanging out in Oregon.
Joan

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:16 am

I happened upon a Casita gtg in a state park in NC one year and introduced myself and got to wander through a couple and talk to some of the folks. As in many of the different rigs, the folks that love them love them for all the reasons they have. The size and ability to pull them without a maxi truck being some of it. Like traveling in a Road Trek, they can provide you all the basic appliances in a very compact space. One gentleman traveled in his with his two standard poodles, again confirming my belief that we find room to travel with what is most important to us. :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby MandysMom » Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:48 pm

Casitas range 13 to 17 ft. I looked at them after finding Sue and Crew and following her blog. That small would not accommodate my family which includes 3 adults and 2 cats but I can see where they would work for a single.

Velda
MandysMom

Postby Birdie » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:50 pm

I had a 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe. The Deluxe indicates a bathroom. The models floor plans are displayed at the Casita web site. Check it over really well looking for the same things you look for in any travel trailer. If it is well taken care of, it will have an appropriate price tag. New they are going for around $19k.

It just was not large enough for me to full-time in it. I could do a season at a time in it or about three months. I towed worth a Toyota 4Runner with the manufacturers tow package. It IS NOT light. Mine came from the factory at 3850 pounds. So you should plan on towing over 4000 pounds. Does not need a stabilizer but does need sway bar.

My brother and SIL have a new one they picked up last fall. They just finished three weeks in Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota, and north Texas. Headed to New England next week!

Want more info let me know...but I am headed into a communications void tomorrow.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Return to General Talk