wind

Talk about anything under the sun! Just remember to be respectful of others.

wind

Postby ediemarie » Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:56 am

greetings from Oklahoma! love my home state but I am so amazingly sick and tired of this wind. it seems that its been blowing for 3 months! we're not talking a breezy day we're talking sustained winds of 15-25mph.

ok, that's all I have. STOP IT, ENOUGH WITH THE WIND!

EM
ediemarie

Re: wind

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:07 am

You could move texas. Oh wait, its always windy here too.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby dayspring39 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:16 am

Too much of anything can drive us mad... take care...
Me and My Shadow
Kathleen or Kathy

Use today wisely it's all you have; yesterday is a memory; tomorrow a dream... KLW[/b][/color]
dayspring39

Postby ediemarie » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:35 am

I always think about the times we've gone to ALBQ for the balloon fiesta. wake up at 3am and check the weather, the wind is "blowing" 2mph!

30mph here in OK we call it "breezy." windy is somewhere around 40mph it seems. wears me out after awhile.

we drive through tx quite often and you're correct, it always seems to be blowing there also.

cheers - EM
ediemarie

Postby JudyJB » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:41 am

I hate that too! Hard to drive in and shakes your "house" at night like you are on a ship at sea.

Worst constantly windy place I have been is the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The islands/banks are 30 miles out in the Atlantic in a long string and the wind never stops. Had to move my RV last spring when I was there because stuff underneath was vibrating. Found a spot facing into the wind so to keep the noise down.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BarbaraRose » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:21 pm

I don't like wind either (except on really hot days or to keep the bugs away). It makes me really nervous. Can't sleep when I can hear the wind howling.

MN seems to be a lot windier than it used to be. Have heard a lot of people mentioning that, too, around here.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby sharon » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:31 pm

Well...you could move to SoCal....oh. but wait...windy here, too! Yes, it certainly seems like more and harder wind than in the past. I'm sick of it, too. Hope is really really tired of it! She's probably gonna get a pretty good taste of it next week when we go to Laughlin. sigh.
Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat.

- Alex Levine

<><>
sharon

Postby snowball » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:23 pm

we can all complain about the wind when it lasts too long... :x I know that I got tired of it...but then we can say that about
just anything except maybe the sun shining :lol: but I think I get tired of the windy faster than other weather things...
sheila
snowball

Postby Deeann » Thu Apr 17, 2014 3:47 am

When it gets really hot in the summer and you'd kill for a breeze, none will be found. You won't be able to buy a breeze in another few months so enjoy it while it lasts. lol

I'm in Oklahoma too, so I know how you feel.
Deeann

Postby ediemarie » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:41 pm

well I guess I just needed to complain a little.
today is an absolutely gorgeous day in OKC! barely a breeze blowing and 73*.

good weekend to all - EM
ediemarie

Postby drocknut » Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:29 pm

It's been windy here in Montana too. I'm not a fan of wind either and especially not since I just got my first travel trailer. Seems like the wind has been worse this year than in years past. Hope that isn't a trend.
Take care and hang on to your hats.
drocknut

Return to General Talk