Greetings OhLucy

Come on in and say hello.

Greetings OhLucy

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:56 am

Well, I see we have a member who joined in August named OhLucy .... come on gal, join in and post,... we'd like to get to know you. Don't be shy! You are online now and reading here on the forum,... we'd love to hear from you..... !
Cedar518

Re: Greetings OhLucy

Postby ohlucy05 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:49 pm

Well I am long time reader...often laughing and sometimes crying with you. This group brings joy to me.

I am a high school Business teacher. I have 3 children (25, 23 and 17) and 1 granddaughter who is a doll baby. Dennis and I have been married for 31 years. My husband and I ride Harleys all around the eastern US and I must admit that a few years ago -tent camping got very hard. I have looked for a long time about RV's and I think that I will get a B. But like most things in life...the stars have not lined up to get one. I am many years away from retiring but one day I will join your ranks as a RV owner. I have learned to start off slowly and move forward. I love to travel and that makes me smile for new experiences.

I will continue to read and learn and laugh mostly and cry sometimes....but mom taught me if you can't improve the silence don't.

I am grateful to most in this group because some days your stories and pictures give me hope and I love to see your travels. I will be here soon as a card caring member with an RV.

BTW, my best friends license plate is ohhlucy...and we are a lot alike.

Pam
ohlucy05

Postby Bethers » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:57 pm

Welcome Pam/OhLucy - so glad to know that you're enjoying reading our posts - and that you have come out of the shadows to introduce yourself. You might as well join in the fray now - we don't require you to own an rv to be here with us - just embrace the lifestyle with us - and laugh and cry with us - and us with you.

So nice to meet you!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:27 pm

Welcome Pam! I'm sooooooooooo glad you posted. Don't fret about not having a camper yet,... you are doing it the smart way,..thinking it over and deciding just which one is best for you. You are certainly welcome here with or without. Thanks again for posting,... and hurry back, we want to get to know you! :D
Cedar518

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Nov 16, 2008 2:56 pm

A warm welcome to you. As the others have said, its not required to have an RV. Our group is more about spirit and how we bond with each other. We look forward to you just jumping into the water with us.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Liz » Sun Nov 16, 2008 4:28 pm

A very warm welcome to you Pam. I too lived in the shadows, traveling vicariously with forum members for a long time. But once I revealed myself, getting to know everyone "for real" has enriched the experience immensely. Please join in anytime with a comment or question.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby SeeyaGal » Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:23 pm

Welcome Pam/OhLucy,
The others are right, you don't have to have a RV to be here with us, you can just be an adventurous soul. I remember back in the 70's I'd penpal with gals all over the world....way before E-mail and felt like I was traveling to their part of the world.
So stick around you never know.
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby avalen » Sun Nov 16, 2008 7:13 pm

Welcome!!
:P like the others have said, you don't have to have an rv to join our fun, just enjoy.
I have a fifth wheel but can't go anywhere with it cause I don't have a truck to pull it.
:lol: so I'm parked permanently in an rv resort and live vicariously through the sistahs
on this forum. I'd like to think someday I'll have a truck but the thought has crossed
my mind to get a small motorhome and leave this one as home headquarters. I have
about 6 years to retirement. The part that amazes me is we have so many forum
sistahs that work for the school system, including ME.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:22 am

I, too, welcome you, Pam to our fun loving, crazy bunch.... :D As the others have said, you don't need the RV to be a womenRV sister....and like sisters we share almost everything.....note I said almost..... :lol: As the sister married to the "Sultan" I do have to draw the line somewhere.... ;) :lol: Please join in the fun and enjoy yourself here.....glad you are getting info for your retirement lifestyle.....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Sparkle » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:36 pm

Welcome Pam. I joined a Forum before I got an RV. Learned a lot, made my decision and now I've been fulltiming for 3 years. I work in the summer and play in the winter. My playtime has just begun, so come along and see what trouble we can get into.
Sparkle

Postby Nasoosie » Mon Nov 17, 2008 4:46 pm

WELCOME, PAM!!!!

So happy to meet you! Always glad to welcome a new school person! As has been said, we have a number of us on here. I am hoping to be able to retire, perhaps this coming year. I still have a lot of debt I need to clear up, (two kids now through college----new trailer----new truck-----and a few smaller credit cards debts!) but, if I can swing it, I would LOVE to take to the road next year at this time! I started teaching in 1962, so you can see I am MORE than old enough to retire!

Take your time in deciding what kind of RV you would like. I bought a larger trailer two years ago, tried it out, found it was way too big for my needs, and downsized to a smaller model of the same brand/kind! I love the one I have now!

Hope to hear from you more often, but do what you have to do!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Return to Introduce Yourself