Come on in and say hello.

Re: New Member

Postby Liz » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:12 pm

Welcome Lorna, and Larry too. We look forward to seeing your rig and hearing about your travels. We love pictures and hope you can post some soon!

I recently traveled south from NH to FL with my sister-in-law. She's a quilter too, so we spent 2 days in the Lancaster, PA area visiting quilt and fabric shops. I saw a lot of beautiful handmade quilts that I couldn't afford, although the prices, especially in the private Amish homes were very reasonable. My SIL was mainly looking for fabric. I admire you because I know the amount of work and expense that goes into making quilts as I have watched my SIL making them.

Again, welcome!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby AlmostThere » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:46 pm

Welcome, Lorna (Larry)!
My goodness you are busy travelers! Good for you! Do you also have a blog of your travels? We enjoy reading those also.
Looking forward to many more posts.
Traveling mercies to you.
AlmostThere

Postby avalen » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:48 pm

Hello and welcome
pics are easy, just copy and paste the bottom image code from the photobucket
into the page.
You certainly are a busy one, seems like ALL the Seeya peeps are busy, all the
time, hope to be in that position some day.
We're a nosy bunch so post away and don't forget the pics of Duke cause we love
our furbabies too.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:02 pm

Welcome Lorna and Larry. Can't wait to see some of your quilts, your rig, and Duke. Please come to the campfire and to our morning table.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Bethers » Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:33 pm

Hi Lorna (and Larry) - so glad to have you with us - and hope you enjoy it here!

It sure sounds like you have lots of experience to share - and as others have said, we sure do like to see pics when possible - but they are not required - do whatever you feel comfortable with - but please, yes, do join in our fun here.

Hope to meet you down the road.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:01 am

Hi Lorna! Welcome! Sure I'd love to come over for chili,... I'll bring the cornbread muffins!

Wouldn't it be nice if we all lived close enough to be able to do that? I'm glad you are enjoying your full time life,... You and Larry join us at our on-going campfire,... there is plenty of room in the circle.

I'm glad you found us!
Cedar518

Postby Echo » Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:10 am

Hey Lorna. A great BIG welcome to the forum. Lots of wonderful gals here to connect with. Some well experienced and some of us who aren't out there yet. But still plugging away.

And yep were a nosy bunch but it's all in good cheer and with good heart.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Carolinagal » Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:08 am

Good morning and Welcome to our forum!! Its raining in North Carolina this morning, I love to hear it on the roof. We're so glad you joined us. Sounds like you are a very talented lady. We'd love to see pics in our Arts and Crafts section of some of your work. As others have said, we love pics of anything you would like to share.

After our GTG in Texas I will be all winterized and looking forward to pics of others who are traveling or settled in warmer climates. I have lived in Ca. at one time, but never been to the area you'll winter in.

So Welcome and Safe Travels !

Carol
Carolinagal

Postby Shirlv » Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:30 pm

Welcome Lorna, you have joined a wonderful group of women. A good place to come to share good news, vent a little and get a hug when needed. I live in Maryland so in your travels stop for a cup of coffee. :) I am looking forward to the pictures also.
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Postby carold » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:36 am

Glad you found us, Lorna. Sounds like you have a lot of info and pics to share. :D You will definitely enjoy your stay with us. carold
carold

Postby asirimarco » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:06 am

Hi Lorna and Larry - didn't notice this when you posted it. Welcome - neat place isn't it glad you joined. Jenny will be glad to see you to. See what you did by showing us your fireplace and back storage area! Bill is still out in the SeeYa working on something else.
Hope we meet up again on the road.
I finally looked it up - we are SeeYa 828...got it in October of 02 - but it is an 03
asirimarco

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:07 pm

Welcome, LORNA!!!!! and Larry!! Yes, we are a bunch of wild and crazy gals here..... :lol: But we are full of info, experiences, and fun.....By all means, join us at the campfire in General Talk.....

Oh, and by the way, an extra special welcome from one Lorna to another Lorna.....Yeap, now everyone knows that my given name is Lorna..... :o ;)

Oh, well, nothing is a secret around here..... :lol:
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:07 pm

WELCOME,LORNA!!!

First new person since I joined, so I feel proud to be able to welcome you!

Hope you can post some pics soon, so we can see you and get to know you. I LOVE this place!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby SeeyaGal » Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:21 am

Lorna!
Welcome welcome my dear friend..gads I miss you and Larry and Duke too!!
How have you been and I can see you got Carol all excited into decorating her Seeya! :D

We're back home in Yuma, if you head this way you know we have a spot for ya, we'll be here till the 1st of May with a side trip to Quartzsite in Jan. Saw Luci & David Harris, they still have their motorhome and looking for a different place to live in Yuma to live.
Glad to see ya on board here!!
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away
Seeyagal
http://i484.photobucket.com/albums/rr20 ... G_0053.jpg
SeeyaGal

Location: Full-Timers since Aug 2001, on the road, Summer in Washington, Winters Yuma AZ

Postby Getupngo » Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:47 pm

Lorna, welcome to our forum. I'm a fellow quilter and I'd appreciate hearing how you set up your RV for such a gear-laden endeavor. I always think I'm going to bring my quilting gear, but it doesn't make it into the rig before I leave. Maybe if I had a designated bay .... :)
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself