Meeting new friends

Come on in and say hello.

Meeting new friends

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Oct 12, 2008 5:33 pm

My name is Tina Allen. I have a 22 foot BT touring Gulfstream, Class C. I like being able to turn around and park easily...not that I have ever gotten lost and need too, right! I usually travel with my dogs. I am not currently showing any of them but we have done some conformation and performance in the past. As I remind people, research now can show us how therapeutic animals are. Well, yes, and I have been self medicating for years. And it seems to require multiple animals in my case.

I met one of your members at the recent Gypsy Journal Rally and here I am. I retired from a thirty year career in education three and a half years ago. A year ago I took a job at a large Veteriary Clinic - to pay off some extra bills - but now I am planning to retired again at the end of October. I still don't quite have the cash flow to head out west like I want to but I am closer than I was.

I will probaby lurk for a while until I figure stuff out. But by the end of the month I should have more time....

It is nice to be here. Tina and the furry ones
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Re: Meeting new friends

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:18 pm

Glad to see you here and learn a little about you. What kind of dogs do you have? How many? I travel with two spoiled Labs and I understand exactly what you mean by "therapy" dogs. How about some pictures in the pets section? We're a pretty nosy bunch.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby avalen » Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:38 pm

Welcome, welcome, welcome!
We are indeed a nosy bunch, but friendly nosy and very caring.
Would love to see pics, so post away, we have a section for pets as well as your rig.
You can talk about anything here and share favorite links too, we don't fuss about
stuff like that.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Getupngo » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:41 pm

Hi Tina! Welcome to the forum. So many of us here travel with our pooches ... usually more than one. Right now I have two uppity little dogs who KNOW who rules the roost (though I frequently object!).

Sounds like you have a fun, cozy little rig. Hope you can get back on the road soon, heading WEST!
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Bethers » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:57 am

Welcome, Tina! Another animal lover here. When I went out on the road full time with an extensive trip of the west (without a big budget) 3 1/2 years ago, I had 2 dogs with me in my 22' Gulfstream. Both of those have gone on to Rainbow Bridge, and I now travel with just one dog - and claim I'm going to keep it this way, but I'll never say never :)

So glad you have decided to post and will certainly look forward to hearing more from you.

Some of us have also discovered that doing some workamping can help keep us on the road without it costing as much. Might be something you'd want to look into.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:58 pm

Welcome, to Tina and her "Fur-babies"!!!

Glad you decided to join us here......we have so much fun...when you are ready, just jump right in here.... ;) and if you get a chance go to one of our GTGs they are so cool....

Again, Welcome!!!

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:46 pm

Hi ya Tina and fur-babies! I'm waving "welcome" from here in the far northern part of NY. I've also gone back to work after retiring,... and am now looking forward to retiring again in the future. I'm glad that you are close to being able to relax and enjoy your life,...

I also have a fur-baby here,.... Midnight the cat,... she lets me live with her and pay all the bills! :lol:

I look forward to seeing pictures from you and lots more posts,....
Cedar518

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:52 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome. I will eventually figure out how to post pictures! And thanks to "Ms B Haven" for giving me the sight. I already know that traveling with only two dogs is easier than four but....I'm not comfortable leaving them home with my husband for extended time. He does okay for short trips but they really aren't his responsibility...... So.....I get a lot of exercise this way and I need that!

Tina
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Barbzeee » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:16 am

Tina, Welcome... I travel with 4 critters..and yep.. it can be interesting.. I'm anxious to hear about all your interesting stories and your travels.. You will certainly enjoy all here.. as we are such a nosy bunch and very seldom do we miss a trick.. well maybe one or two....but we do have a good time and have a fantastic Campfire...bring what you like cause we'll enjoy it too... Again.. welcome and look out cause this is addicting...

God Bless

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:29 am

Welcome to our forum. It's a cool site with many knowledgable women. Glad you decided to join us. Thanks Margie for bringing her Bird here.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby carold » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:45 am

Welcome to the group, Tina. Sounds like you're going to fit right in since "Ms B Haven" didn't scare you off. :lol: At this point, my only fur baby is my DH :roll: :roll: I'm also a retired teacher and have been fulltiming for 3 years. Looking forward to your posts and pics. carold
carold

Postby asirimarco » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:10 am

Welcome Tina - so nice to have you here. Hope to see lots of posts about your adventures in the future.
asirimarco

Postby Liz » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:12 pm

Welcome Tina! And it's almost the end of October...looking forward to hear about your retirement adventures.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Return to Introduce Yourself