Hi !

Come on in and say hello.

Hi !

Postby Excel » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:41 am

Hi..I'm Charlotte (Excel)...I live in No. Calif. & have a home and my Born Free 26' Class C motorhome. I am divorced, have 4 kids & 5 Grandkids...Retired of course. Love to travel & go whenever possible. :P
Excel

Re: Hi !

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:56 am

Hi Charlotte - welcome, so glad to have you. Think about coming to Kerrville TX in November for a GTG? Am trying to get a bunch of us together.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:25 pm

Hi Charlotte! I'm glad you are here with us!
Cedar518

Postby Barbzeee » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:17 pm

Hey Excel .. so good to hear from you.. been awhile..but now it's getting like home sweet home. YOu know you never told me how you liked that Chocolate cake recipe I put up.. the one where you could put wine in it LOL Ok..gal fess up now...ya remember :) I don't forget hahahaha...Always good hearing from you !!!

God Bless
Barbzeee and Crew
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby avalen » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:41 pm

Hello there Excel
Its good to see you
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Excel » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:17 pm

I am so happy to be included on this website...it's just wonderful. Considering that I posted only when I felt I had something to offer, I was really surprised when Beth sent me a PM (and I got it before it could be 'deleted') and told me she was going to set this website up...My first thought was why would she care about my joining....But she did & invited me here & I'm just sorta speechless....and HERE I AM!!!!!!! ;)

Leaving on Wed. for a trip to Oregon with a friend of mine that also is a single RVer & has a class C RV. We're going to go to Lassen on our way & just kinda stop & go along as it suits us. We're both retired & have time to 'smell the roses'...Anyway, I may not have wi-fi along the way, so if I don't post, don't think I'm gone.....In the meantime, you gals 'hold down the fort' and enjoy this new 'playground' :D .....Aren't we lucky !!!!

And when I get back maybe I'll figure out how to post a pic & a pic of my RV....she's ittle but she's mighty!!!! 8-) Safe & happy travel to you all!!!!
Excel

Postby Barbzeee » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:38 pm

Excel... you'd never be left out no way.. we all have been together a long time..and beside.. I always have room at my table for you... cause when you do speak .. we all listen.. Can't wait to hear about your trip..

God Bless

Barbzeee and Crew
Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:59 pm

Hi Ave - great to have you here.

Charlotte - I envy you your trip. I'm still in Douglas and its beginning to feel like a prison. Got hitch itch bad!!
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:02 pm

Hi Ava. Love your blog. Where in AZ are you? Are you going to Quartzsite in Jan?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Liz » Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:11 pm

Hi Charlotte,

I loved (drooled over) the Born Free at an RV show last year. Would even consider trading up to one from my Roadtrek one day. Sticker shock stopped the drool though.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Excel » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:14 am

I know what you mean about sticker shock...that's why I bought mine used. Found it on the internet & ended up flying to Oklahoma to buy it. The people who owned it were absolutely marvelous...tried to give me all the info. I needed. I had never driven an RV (had a truck & 5er when married)...anyhow, I got back to CA & considered myself one lucky gal! It's a great coach & the best made...they're custom built in Iowa...but again very expensive. Mine is a '99 with a Ford 450 chassis...mileage ain't great ...varies between 9 & 12 depending on wind, roads, mountains, etc., but I sure do love her. Went to the factory in Humboldt 2 yrs. ago & had a bunch of upgrades done...they treated me very well...probably saved at least 10K having them 'spruce' her up compared to what I'd have paid here in CA...Anyhow, it's the only coach on the road that has roll bars...not that I want to test them...but I saw how they build them & met the people who do the work...it was a really great experience. Sure love those mid-west people...they were so considerate & kind & just made one feel at home...something like how the gals on this website & the other before things went down hill....You can't help but feel good after reading the posts & sharing pics, etc. Makes one feel as if it's family...I mean good family...Anyhow, I'm sure glad to be here & glad to see so many familiar people here too. Thanks again Beth...from the heart !!!! 8-)
Excel

Postby Marslet » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:34 am

Hi Charlotte,
Another Charlotte, only I spell my name with an S. Welcome, can't wait to read about your adventures. I am retired, but stuck until hubby retires.

Marslet

Marslet

Return to Introduce Yourself