self intro

Come on in and say hello.

self intro

Postby gypsylady » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:41 pm

Hi, I heard about this site from a woman I met while camping in Florida. I love RVing. I recently retired and bought a 5th wheel. I am selling my home and going to live and travel in my 5th wheel. I,m not sure how it works as far as determining what my address would be. Any info on how this works would be appreciated. I am an avid nascar fan. Hobbies include reading,crocheting, knitting. I enjoy golf,bowling, walking, and biking. I currently live in NY state and don't plan on shoveling any more snow. I spent 9 weeks (Jan-March) in the south this winter and loved it. Looking forward to traveling through-out the country during my retirement and meeting many people during my travels.
gypsylady

Re: self intro

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:47 pm

Welcome, Gypsylady! Sounds like you will fit right in here with your varied interests! Ask whatever you like. We love questions and also photos, so if you have any pics of your rig and any pets you may have, send 'em on over! We love pets!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Nasoosie » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:48 pm

GYPSY! Are you our long-lost Pam???

Just curious, before I reply as if I had never known you!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:53 pm

Welcome GypsyLady.... where in NY are you located? I'm here in the Lake Champlain Valley on the eastern shoulder of the Adirondacks.

Post any questions you want,... and share some pictures if you can!

Glad you found us,...
Cedar518

Postby AlmostThere » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:50 pm

Welcome, so glad you found our forum! My sister is a Nascar fan. I think Jeff Gordon is who she moons over....and she's 77 yrs young! :lol:
Can't wait to read about your RVing adventures!
AlmostThere

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:05 pm

Welcome aboard. I don't blame you for wanting to avoid future snow shoveling. RE: choosing a place of residence. Many full-timers chose either FL, TX or SD because of their tax situations. If you join the Escapees Group you can probably get an in depth view of the process. You will find even here that individual's that full time make different decisions based on unique personal situations. Regardless of which state you end up chosing...you will be able to locate a mail forwarding service and a way to get an established "address." Many decisions are based on state tax issues, ability to get health insurance coverage, etc. Have fun with all you adventures.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:58 pm

Welcome, welcome, glad you found us. If you go back thru some old posts you'll find a lot of info on fulltiming. I use Verizon for my phone and my internet access. I use a UPS store that has mailboxes and will forward my mail. Better than just a P O box cause you have a street address. I pay everything on lone and set up as many auto pays as possible. I get all my statements via email - no paper. Most of us pick a state with no state income tax to receive our retirement checks and use auto deposit. The electronic world allows us to be pretty fluid.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Liz » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:34 pm

Welcome, gypsylady! You have some exciting plans....l'll look forward to hearing about your progress towards full-timing. I call myself a most-of-the-timer, but still have a home in FL.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Birdie » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:36 pm

Welcome aboard, gypsylady. Glad you decided to join us. It is a fun group and a very supportive group as you will find out. I admire you driving that 5th wheel!! Go Girl! I have recently started full-timing. Hope to see you on the road some day soon.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby avalen » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:37 pm

Welcome, I'm jealous, I wanna retire right NOW!! I still have 4 years to go and
probably more than that since I'll have to maintain health insurance. But like my
signature says...Someday I'll be where you are
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby VickieP » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:45 pm

Welcome Gypsylady!!! So glad you heard about us and decided to join our great group. All I can say is read and post often as you can and you will get a lot of helpful information here, but most of all, you will get family here. This is a fantastic group of women in all walks of life and our love of RVing is not only a tie that binds us, it is just the beginning. Can ya tell I love this forum?
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby bikerchic777 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:08 pm

Welcome, Gypsylady! I am a full timer, soon to be a solo full timer. I'm not retirement age yet, so still have to work. I am a Certified Optician, but am going to see how it goes as a workamper :o Here is the mail service we use: http://www.mydakotaaddress.com It is in Madison, SD, where there is no state tax, 3% sales tax, and insurance and vehicle tags are pretty cheap. I love the lady there, Terri. She is so helpful! She will even go over to the courthouse and take care of your car tags, etc. for you if you want her to. I like that I don't have to have the mail sent on a regular basis. She will hold it until needed. She will open, scan, and email anything I'm curious about (at no charge) if I'm not ready to have her send the mail. You get a physical address to use, with a PMB # (personal mail box) and she even gives you a bunch of return labels with your new address. We went there to get it set up, as I believe we had to actually stay in the state of SD to do that. I think all we needed was a receipt from the campground. Terri also filled out the forms we needed for our new DL's and we walked over to the courthouse and got them in about 15 mins. If you can't tell, it is a very small town :lol: It sounds complicated, but it was all pretty easy and worth it! I will keep my address there after the divorce, since I like it so much, and won't have to change my address that way...only the PMB...but I don't usually have to use that for much. I'm sure Terri will keep it all straight for me ;) Like most full timers, I have the bills set up for paperless and pay them with my online banking. I love it! I will be at Saylorville Lake, north of Des Moines, IA for the summer...workamping...and living in my new mh. Come see me on your way through if you go to SD to set up something :!:
Linda, Rags, and Brutus full-timing it in our 2017 Winnebago Micro Mini, Thumbelina.

When life throws you a curve, lean into it!
bikerchic777

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:08 pm

Welcome, and jump in at anytime.....we're a crazy, nosey, sharing and caring bunch.....glad you are here....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby gypsylady » Sat Mar 27, 2010 12:11 pm

No I'm not Pam, my name is Ruth. I live in western NY area.
gypsylady

Postby Nasoosie » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:48 am

WELCOME, RUTH!

And you must live not too far from me! I hope maybe you can get east a bit to the Adirondacks and you and I and Cedar and her friend, Kathy, could have a mini get-together?

Nice to have you aboard! Can't wait to see some pictures when you learn how to post them, and never be afraid to join in the talky posts! You will grow to love these women!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself