Hello From East Texas

Come on in and say hello.

Hello From East Texas

Postby MJS570 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:29 pm

I am so happy that a friend told me about this site. I have a Class B Pleasure Way that would love to be enjoyed more. I have lived in East Texas all my life, am a widow and have 2 Rat Terriers. I have a trip planned to Bandera in April but I would prefer a trip-trip,
one not staying in one place, know what I mean?
East Texas is the most beautiful part of Texas so if you come by give me a visit. Let me hear from you all, you can't have too many friends. Jane
MJS570

Re: Hello From East Texas

Postby Getupngo » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:48 pm

Jane, welcome to our forum. We have quite a few Texans -- whether permanent or seasonal -- amongst us. Please post a picture of yourself and your rig ... looking forward to hearing about your adventures. You'll find support, fun and advice here from these c-r-a-z-y women. Join in!

I also am a widow and travel with my two snotty little dogs. I have a stick house in Salt Lake City, but volunteer around at national parks and wildlife refuges for a few months at a time. Whereabouts in East Texas are you? I'll be passing through in June on my way to Louisiana, then back through again in September.

Happy travels!
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby Acadianmom » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:15 pm

Hi Jane,

I live in South Louisiana and my sister and I camp at Toledo Bend Lake as often as we can in the summer. Where do you live in East Texas? I joined the Texas chapter of RVing Women and attended a rally in Onalaska a little over a year ago. They are having a rally in Palestine in March. Really a great bunch of women.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby MJS570 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:16 pm

Hi Janice,
I live in Henderson, which is between Nacogdoches and Tyler---also 20 miles from Kilgore, home of the Kilgore Rangerettes. I will have to get someone to show me how to post pictures. I just play on the computer so I am limited in my use. I have to admit my two
girls are snots too, they are quite prissy. I got them as pups and I was going to train them to behave and act like dogs---but they found out I was a push-over so they trained me. They have never had to jump, they trained me to lift them, they don't bark to go
outside--just stare at me to open the door. It keeps me active though. Would love for you to get in touch. Jane
MJS570

Postby VickieP » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:21 pm

Welcome to the forum Jane! I'm glad your friend told you about us too! Is she a member already? I'm in SW Louisiana, but I'm betting you're probably in NE Texas. Jump right in and post your comments anywhere and everywhere. If you need help figuring out anything about posts and pictures, just ask away, there's always somebody around that can help. I can't wait to hear about your adventures.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:30 pm

Welcome Jane!

I'm so glad you joined us.... our campfire is always burning and the circle is always ready to add more chairs ! Let us know who your friend is who recommended us,... we want to say thank you !

If you check out the Maintenance/Tech page you will find the first topic is how to post pictures. We'd love to see you and your pups and your travels.

Welcome aboard! :D
Cedar518

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:22 pm

Welcome, Jane!!! Some " Trip-trips" are what we call GTGs...(get togethers) If you check out the GTG thread, you'll find that we do have quite a few....in fact, a bunch are having a ball in cold Florida right now. :lol: Also you will find posts on future GTGs, like in PA this coming summer.....just food for thought....Glad you found us....good friend you got there....jump in any time.... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:05 pm

Welcome aboard......the more stops we know along the way...the more reason there is to plan a trip there! So glad you found us :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby mitch5252 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:11 am

Welcome, Jane!

Ditto what everyone else said, and we'll look forward to learning more about you.

mitch5252

Postby Liz » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:12 am

Welcome Jane,
I'm from FL (currently at the FL gtg) and drove my PleasureWay to Alaska last summer....so trip-trips are very doable. I'm a widow & travel with a dog and cat. There is a Texas gulf-coast gtg coming up in early April. (Keep checking the GTG thread for updates) Hope you can make it there. Look forward to meeting you and the furbabies.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Nasoosie » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:37 am

WELCOME, JANE!

So glad you found us! It sounds as if you will fit right in with the rest of us superlative women RVers!

I can't wait for you to figure out how to post pictures so we can see you and your 4-footers and your rig. I saw Liz's Pleasure Way when she was here this past summer, and was very impressed with it. If/when I retire, I might just consider getting a Class B rather than the trailer I now have....but I never know from one day to the next what I will do!

Anyway-----can't wait to meet you on the road some day, or at one of the wonderful get-togethers that are always being planned or held.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:19 am

Welcome, welcome. I live in Kerrville Texas. Am currently in Ocala Florida for the GTG but will be heading back to Texas on Tuesday. Is there an RV park in Henderson? We might be able to come by for one night on our way home. We're going to Panama City FL for a day or two then north to Alabama then west on 84 to Texas. How far off 84 is Henderson?
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby avalen » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:39 am

Welcome Jane, so glad you found us, a nutty bunch we are indeed! I live in a 5th wheel,
and don't get to travel just yet but when I retire (about 4 more years) I'll get a class C
to do my road trips in and leave the 5r as home base.
Looking forward to pics of your rt's, we do love our furbabies and mine have me trained
well too, Italian greyhounds, 3 of them!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby JanetA » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:59 am

WELCOME JANE! I am in central tx and if I'm in your area I will look you up. I don't go over your way much,, specially in summer.. but I have a cousin in Longview and friends who raise dogs in Winnsboro , so,, I have a hope of getting there someday.

This is a great bunch of gals and they sure can give you some good advice and opinions , of which we all have lots! LOL

JanetA
ImageImageImage
JanetA

Postby AlmostThere » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:09 am

Just wanted to add my welcome. I'm a long way from TX and I don't plan on any long trip trips but look forward to hearing about yours!
AlmostThere

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself