Hello From East Texas

Come on in and say hello.

Re: Hello From East Texas

Postby carold » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:35 pm

Welcome. As you can see, we're a bunch of friendly gals. Hang out, post, sit around the campfire and you never know what might happen. Seems like Karen might just be coming your way. She might even have an extra flamingo glass :D Looking forward to posts and pics. carold
carold

Postby MJS570 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:49 pm

Thank you girls so much. You really make me feel welcome. Mitch, I thought my dog was talking to you since you called her name, Ditto. The other one is Snooker, because I bought them in Snook, TX., which is 8 miles from College Station (A & M ).
Karen, I go to Kerrville, and area, several times a year. I love to go to Gibsons and buy stuff I don't need that I can't find anywhere else. Although since I have a PW I am limited in space. I have taken so much stuff out of my rig that I didn't use. I tried a Casita TT but I found out it was too much for me handle. My best friend and her husband have a PW and insisted I needed one. Much easier to handle!
Let me know if you get close to Henderson and we'll get together. There are a few RV spots around, nothing special. I'll help you find something. Jane
MJS570

Postby Sprinter » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:01 pm

Hi Jane,

Welcome! I'm in Kerrville too. We're always up to an impromptu gtg here :) Just let us know when you get down this way.

I have a class B too, but a Roadtrek. And, I have to stay out of Gibsons! lol Actually, I have a rule. Everytime I buy something, something else has to go ;)

Nice to meet ya :)

Love,
Sharon
Image Image Image
Sprinter

Postby BarbaraRose » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:13 pm

Sharon,
How fast does your scooter go? I'd like to get something like that.

Barbie
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby OutandAbout » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:04 pm

Hi Jane, and welcome. I think you are going to fit in quite well, judging from your sense of humor (your dog's names and training). Mine have me trained also, barking to go out and come in. My oldest was taught to knock on the door to come in, boy does she get impatient if I don't jump fast or high enough. :lol: :lol: Looking forward to getting to know you. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby TexasLady » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Hello, I'm from Diboll, just a little south of you. Go thru your fair city often on the way to visit my sister in Gladewater. I also like the hill country, usually traveling to Fredericksburg and then sightseeing around the area. Love to go to Circle E Candles in Fredericksburg, and alway have to have a rueben from Auslander Beirgarten. Hope to meet you on the road.
TexasLady

Postby Echo » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:31 pm

Well in all the hoopla of freezing at the Florida GTG I missed adding my welcome! I knew that there was a newbie I didn't say anything to. Dang it!

WELCOME to the Nut Ward!!! LOL
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby MJS570 » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:11 pm

Hello Texas Lady, I would love to meet you for coffee when you come through town. E-mail me and I will give you my phone number(ToJaneAgain@aol.com}. MJS570
MJS570

Postby Bethers » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:36 am

Hi Jane. Sorry for my late welcome - but believe me it's just as heartfelt. Love TX - and yep, East TX is beautiful. You've got lots there to visit - TX is always a popular place with many of the ladies here - as well as so many from there!

Glad to see you here and hope you join in often.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby TxJohnnie » Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:36 pm

I'll be in the Austin area all winter, except for some local & Okla trips. Hope we can meet up. I need all the help I can get with this new lifestyle. I'd love to take my grand kids on some trips too.
Johnnie
Life's too mysterious..don't take it serious.

Johnnie
TxJohnnie

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself