Hi, I am Marslet

Come on in and say hello.

Hi, I am Marslet

Postby Marslet » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:21 am

Hello,
My name is Sharlotte, but I go by my middle name of Marslet on the forum. I am a retired teacher and just turned 62 on the 3rd of this month. I love birdwatching and camping. We just got back from a trip to Illinois, but wooo weee the gas. Over $700. Only gonna get higher and higher. We had planned to travel a little when my husband retires, but think we are gonna only travel close to the house, within an easy drive. Long trips, we are gonna take the little blue car (34 mpg) and stay in hotels. Would be just as cheap for us.
So glad this forum is up and running, looking forward to Barbz's beautiful pics and morning chit chat. :D

Marslet

Marslet

Re: Hi, I am Marslet

Postby Paulette » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:31 am

Welcome Marslet. Good to have you join us here. It's like old home week!!!!

Seriously, good to have you here.

I hear ya on the cost of fuel. I've got a 3 week road trip in the planning for August...Maryland to NC, NC to Ft. Laud, back up to Myrtle Beach and then back home in time for GD to start school! I'm sure it's going to set me back a pretty penny, but it will be well worth it as I'm on a mission of sorts (or 2). I'm just very very thankful that I am in a position to be able to do it!
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Return to Introduce Yourself