Hi, I am Marslet

Come on in and say hello.

Hi, I am Marslet

Postby Marslet » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:20 am

Hello,
My name is Sharlotte, but I go by my middle name of Marslet on the forum. I am a retired teacher and just turned 62 on the 3rd of this month. I love birdwatching and camping. We just got back from a trip to Illinois, but wooo weee the gas. Over $700. Only gonna get higher and higher. We had planned to travel a little when my husband retires, but think we are gonna only travel close to the house, within an easy drive. Long trips, we are gonna take the little blue car (34 mpg) and stay in hotels. Would be just as cheap for us.
So glad this forum is up and running, looking forward to Barbz's beautiful pics and morning chit chat. :D
Last edited by Marslet on Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Marslet

Marslet

Re: Hi, I am Marslet

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:57 am

Hiya Marslet!

I'm glad you are here .... didn't Bethers do a great job of getting us up and running so quickly? Like your plan for the future, I'm staying close to home this summer, which is a disappointment, but have got a plan to save some special travel money for at least one good trip next year.

I'm looking forward to hearing more about your trip!
Cedar518

Postby Barbzeee » Tue Jul 15, 2008 9:07 am

Hey Girlfriend ... Sure took ya a while.. LOL Glad you made it home safe from you meeting the "family" have to hear all about it... and Yikes I know them prices are high on the gas.. I'm just thinkin about my trip in Oct heading to the hide out...oooooooh my oooooooooh my.. ...I'd attempt to sell me self for a good deal..but unfortunetly I'd have to pay instead.... Looking around to see what else I might hock !!!...

So how many pictures did ya take.. and where are they ??? Oh hey I've got some neat tubes (pictures from artists) of some really neat birds.. just have to do them up.. You know in my spare time hahahaha...

Ok, so here you are with us....and I just know you are going to enjoy yourself.. tis really such a relaxing atmosphere and of course you know we'll have some great topics.. and boy oh boy.. I just can't wait for them issues ...Smokin' LOL

Welcome Sharolette ..good you made it !!!

God Bless

Barbzeee..and crew......fixin up gooders to take to GTG wish ya all could be there ..

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Liz » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:31 am

Glad you joined us, Sharlotte. Beauty and adventures await close to home just as they do everywhere. Sometimes we forget that in our quest to be somewhere else. God didn't make any junk.
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Postby Bethers » Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:52 pm

Welcome, Marslet - so glad you are here.

I agree with Liz - it's not the distance you travel - I could stay just about anywhere for a long time and after I leave, I'll discover something else I didn't do or see :) So those close trips can be wonderful.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby avalen » Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:06 pm

good to see you here Marslet
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Return to Introduce Yourself