Hello

Come on in and say hello.

Hello

Postby Shirlv » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:31 pm

I am so happy to be here. I live in Maryland and drive a 26 ft class c. I haven't been driving much this summer just hanging out and waiting for the gas prices to drop. I have met some of the women rvers on this site and it is great to connect again. I have been using my gas money to do some home remodeling and want to do some updating in the rv also so will be asking for advice. I retired from hospital work in 2001 but still fill in when needed. I divorced many years ago, have 3 children, 4 grandchildren and ONE great grand daughter. You can tell from that information that I am older than dirt. Looking forward to being part of the forum. :D
Shirl
Maryland

She believed she could, so she did..R.S. Grey
Shirlv

Re: Hello

Postby Shirlv » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:32 pm

P.S. This is a great site, Beth, you rock.
Shirl
Maryland

Shirlv

Postby oliveoil » Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:45 pm

Hello & Welcome!!!!!!!!!!
oliveoil

Postby Sunseeker » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:38 am

Welcome home Shirlv! Nice that you can join us. Hopefully you'll be able to travel again soon, but meanwhile have fun fixing up the rig so it will be just as you like it. Ask any questions you can think of, and be prepared to post some pictures as your remodel takes shape. You'll find us to be pretty helpful and we'll always want to see the before and afters! :)
Sunseeker Jill
also Tommy and furkids Sami and Molly
Image,Image
Sunseeker

Postby Fernie » Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:14 am

Hey Shirlv----glad to see you hear. Just how old is dirt??? LOL Do you still have your bloomers from our gtgs??? Welcome!!!!
Handle every stressful situation like a dog..
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away...
Fernie

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:07 am

Welcome, Shirlv!! Have a seat and enjoy the ride here.....Don't forget Barbzeee's coffee cluch in the morning.....it's a great way to start the day!!!

Ask away on the re-do of the RV....lots of info and ideas here.....lol...

Lori
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:13 am

Welcome Shirl,... I'm so glad you found your way over to our new forum!
I agree with you,... Beth did an "ace" job setting this up.
Gas prices are affecting a lot of us this year. But this forum is like a big "campfire",... with all of us at a cyber GTG!
Cedar518

Postby avalen » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:29 am

Welcome Shirlv
so glad to have you here, its got the best bunch of gals than any forum out there.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:54 am

Welcome ShirlV - nice to have you at our campfire.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Barbzeee » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:19 am

Hey Shirl....been awhile... glad to see you ! Hope all is well with you and you finally have no more problems with your shoulder.... Yes, gas prices have affected lots of us all from doing more traveling... However, lots of us pull them quickie get aways close to home... and you have a few of the gals that are in your area that you could hook up with for that get away...

You'll love this forum .. most of the Sista's you know and alot of the new Sista's are tremendously helpful.. and a very happy group.. very up and positive...

Check all the areas out and fill in where you can.. cause we always like to know more and "Hey" none of us Know it all ...

Welcome and what kind of dirt are ya talkin' bout... cause we is all catchin up !

God Bless

Barbzeee and Crew

Just go with the flow !

http://barbzeee.blogspot.com/

Barbzeee

Postby Bethers » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:32 pm

Shirl, I'm so glad to have you with us. And I have to admit that I was feeling guilty after I realized I hadn't sent you a link to the new site. I need to go through my address book and see who else I might have missed. Please, please do me a favor and send some others an invite - do you have Alice's email - I don't think I do?

I'm one of the lucky ones who have met Shirl - and she is one nice and gracious lady. Hope some of the others of you get a chance to meet her down the road.

Speaking of which - maybe you need to get out of drydock quickly Shirl - Barbzee and Jill (with Tommy) will be meeting in NJ - not too terribly far from you - but coming up in just a week or two - check out the gtg room for the info - and see if you can meet up with them :)

P.S. How are the green bags working? I've been using mine on lettuce and like the results.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Shirlv » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:46 pm

Thanks Everyone for the warm welcome.

Fernie, I will keep my Grannie Bloomers until they are in tatters. :lol:

Barbzee, I thought of you yesterday as I pulled out the ole crockpot and made pork and sauerkraut for dinner.

Beth, I sent Alice the info so hopefully you will hear from her. I am taking the rv to Ocean City, Md the week of Labor Day for a gtg with my family. They are renting condos but I wanted a place to run to when they get too rowdy. lol I love the green bags.
Shirl
Maryland

Shirlv

Postby carold » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:13 pm

Hi Shirlv, Welcome back. Guess we don't have to say much about the gals here-you probably know more than a lot of us-any secrets they haven't spilled yet? :mrgreen: carold
carold

Postby oliveoil » Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:12 pm

Its like my own personal time machine as it makes me feel young as I pedal around town with hair blowing in the wind and all that happy crap.

I love it--------I needed a really good laugh tonight---- thanks!!!!!!
oliveoil

Postby snowball » Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:00 pm

wanted to wish you welcome also
sheila
snowball

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself