More about me

Come on in and say hello.

More about me

Postby jaymesullivan » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:57 pm

I'm a 2 year survivor of breast cancer and a 5 year survivor of colon cancer. Now that I'm well again I've had an awakening. Life is short and should not be wasted. So I've cut back my work hours to semi-retired or part-time and I'm hitting the road as much as I can.

Since I live in Juneau Alaska that means I store the ERA near a good airport. Then when I have time off again I fly down south to it and take up the travel again. Currently its in Seattle and I plan to drive to New Mexico in Oct. After 3 days of the Albuquerque Balloon fiesta I'm going to take it down to the Gila national forest and get in some hiking and hot springs. Two of my dearest activities.

Sorry I can't join in on the Dec. balloon feast but one of my key employees has been selected for Jury duty and I have to stay at home/work in the month of December.

I'm going to look at the gathering page next and start planning to join in. I'm already having fun this is a great forum for us RV Gals
Jayme
jaymesullivan

Re: More about me

Postby avalen » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:35 pm

Juneau?? did you by chance meet Beth while she was wandering around in Alaska?
What a survivor indeed, and yes, life is short so we need to enjoy what we have.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby VickieP » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:49 pm

Wow Jayme, you do deserve to get out there and live your life and enjoy it. You've fought the battle, conquered the mountain, now you know you can hike it too! What a neat idea to park your rv down south somewhere and fly to it, sure beats digging it out all the time. :D
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby retiredhappy » Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:04 pm

OMG Jayme, you're an inspiration. Too bad you're not coming to New Mexico sooner. I'm leaving Silver City Sept 30th headed for home in Texas.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:28 pm

Welcome Jayme, you have found the right place for fun and knowledgable women.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:43 pm

Welcome and looking forward to meeting up somewhere sometime...... Definitely agree with your view of life. Surviving for another day does color many decisions..... Very creative travel methods, too! I like you planning style. If you don't find a GTG that works for you ....you can always make a suggestions for a time and place and see who else jumps on :)
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:58 pm

Jayme,... congrats on the survivor milestones,... and I really like your idea of getting out there and enjoying life. I wish you many, many more years of happiness on the road.

We all should think that way,.. we never know if it will be cancer, heart attack or a car accident. Life is so fragile. All of us here should pledge to live, live and live some more!
Cedar518

Postby AlmostThere » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:07 pm

Hi,
I lived almost 22 yrs in Kenai/Nikiski on the Kenai Peninsula. Never did get down to see the capital. Whenever we had enough $$ we used it to get out of Alaska! :lol: ;) And you are even more cut off from the world in Juneau! No roads in/out!
I live in SW WA now and I hope to get my RV soon. Also in WA is another gal who lives in Shelton and another is north of Seattle,(hope I didn't forget anyone), so prehaps we can all meet up one day for a GTG (get together)?
Congrats on being cancer free!! You Rock!!
AlmostThere

Postby Bethers » Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:55 pm

Welcome Jayme - glad to have you with us. I hope to get back to Alaska again - so maybe we'll be able to meet up there one day.

Meantime, keep us updated on where you'll be while down here - I'm going to be near the Grand Canyon till the first of November - as is Sparkle - so not so far from where you'll be heading. Might be able to get together somewhere.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Return to Introduce Yourself