new member and newbie to rving

Come on in and say hello.

new member and newbie to rving

Postby cat » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:45 pm

Hi everyone,
I'm retired, single 67 years young and new to RVing. I bought a class B 2006 Pleasureway Excel TS a few months ago. I have 2 dogs, one is a mini doxie 9#s (my yapper) that is what doxies do and she is very good at her job and her name is Pixie, 3 yrs. old. I have a 60# greyhound mix, Cheyenne. Her body is a greyhound but not her personality. I did gh rescue for many years. Not sure how old she is, when I rescued her from the pound she was between 3-6 yrs. now I tell every one she is 9-12. Loves people, but not other dogs. I may travel with her but not "camp" - I define traveling as not staying in CGs more than 2 nights. Just see the sights, rest and go on to the next place. With Pixie being so small I can just pick her up and move on. As you tell I haven't trained them very well, but I take responsibility for my failure :)

My son and his family lives in Colorado Springs, CO and my daughter and her family lives in Southern Cal. I live in NV which is sort of inbetween - everyone loves to visit LV. My first long trip will be to Pagosa Springs CO in Sept. I may have a lot of questions before then.

Any and all suggestions are welcome for traveling alone.

blessings to all,
carol
Blessings,
Carol,
Pixie, mini doxie & traveling companion
'o6 Ford Excel TS PleasureWay
http://thelordismyshield.blogspot.com

The Lord bless you and keep you safe in all your travels.
cat

Re: new member and newbie to rving

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:20 pm

Hi, Cat!

Welcome to the forum and to RVing! Such a time you're going to have...

Have you EVER camped or RV'd before, or is it TOTALLY new to you?
Whichever it is, you'll find plenty of helpful, friendly, and funny advice here.

Jump right in - post whatever you want - don't be shy.

Again, welcome, and we all look forward to learning more about you.

Mitch

mitch5252

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:55 pm

Hi Cat and welcome. There are a lot of experienced ladies here and can answer any questions you might have. I, too, travel with two dogs - Black Labs. They are both rescues and not real good with other dogs but love people. They're totally spoiled and I wouldn't change that.

There's a balloon festival in gallup new mexico the first weekend of December at Red Rock park (see my post on the Get together section). Come join us.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby OutandAbout » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:03 pm

Hi Cat, I too travel with dogs, 2-3 and wouldn't have it any other way. It's the reason I got my camper. I also travel solo, as do quite a few of the women here. We do offer suggestions on almost anything, OK on everything, so ask away. Welcome to our group. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:51 pm

Welcome Cat!

I'm so glad you joined us and posted an introduction so quickly! Now you are certainly in the circle of friends here. Many of us travel alone or with women friends. And quite a few here are married. It's a great mix of women from all over the U.S. and Canada. As someone has already said,.. jump in wherever you are comfortable.

We love pictures so if you have some to share we use Photobucket. Upload them to that program and then to insert them into a post here just bring your cursor over the photo in PB, and text will appear below the pic,.... highlight the IMG code and copy it to your message here.... there you go!

Welcome aboard! We're here for you, questions are always welcome here,.... :D
Cedar518

Postby WickedLady » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:32 pm

Ahhhh, another Westerner! Welcome! Welcome! So glad you are here. I travel with my fantastic rescued Golden Retriever, Monty, when I can get away. He has not met a dog or a person that he does not like.
WickedLady

Postby avalen » Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:41 pm

Welcome Cat, its great that you've found us and I'm very familiar with Colorado, I'm
from there but moved to AZ a few years ago. I do miss Colorado still. I don't get to
travel much right now but I have 3 Italian Greyhounds, one is very old and fading
fast but my two girls are still very young and very small. They also love to travel.
Enjoy your trip to Pagosa Springs, its one of my favorite places for hot springs :P
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:30 pm

Welcome, Cat!!! :) We're a crazy bunch here...and we're always willing to help... ;) Just jump right in....look around, join in on the campfire ( in the general section)....or just sit and chat....we do it all... :lol: Have fun here and enjoy!!!
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby AlmostThere » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:30 pm

TaDa!! :D Carol, I'm glad you decided to join! You'll enjoy the forum, lots to read, pictures to look at, and laughter thrown in! :lol:
I so look forward to hearing about your new adventures in your B. Welcome!
Lenora
AlmostThere

Postby Mrssissy » Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:40 pm

You picked a great forum these sisters will give great information and keep you on track. Welcome
2003 Fleetwood Providence with a 2008 Saturn Aura toad
Mrssissy

Postby VickieP » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:04 pm

Hi Cat, welcome to ya! Yep, Yep, you sure did land in the right spot when you got here, this is the most informative, crazy bunch of gals I've never met. :lol: I love Pagosa Springs, actually have camped there don't forget to get a burger, waffle fries and malt at the Malt Shoppe, if it's still open, Yum. Ask anything you want and can't wait to see pics of your wee ones, I have two myself.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby cat » Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:53 am

Thank you, everyone, for such a warm welcome, what a bunch of great ladies.

Karen, the balloon festival in Gallup sounds great. It sounds like it won't be so crowded as Albuquerque. I've always wanted to see the balloons.
Lenora, thanks for letting met know about this forum.

blessings,
carol
Blessings,
Carol,
Pixie, mini doxie & traveling companion
'o6 Ford Excel TS PleasureWay
http://thelordismyshield.blogspot.com

The Lord bless you and keep you safe in all your travels.
cat

Postby BirdbyBird » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:05 am

Welcome Cat, I look forward to hearing of your adventures. Nothing is too "anything" to ask :lol: ....as you will find out soon enough..... Enjoy your MH, visit people, see interesting things, build memories and just go..... the rest will take care of itself!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Getupngo » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:42 am

Hi Cat!

Welcome to the forum. I'm also a single RV'er ...and I LOVE LOVE LOVE greyhounds. Sounds like you have a great rig ... so travel your little heart out. I lost my DH five years ago, just before he was ready to retire. So I decided to go out and have all the fun he missed.

You'll get great advice and feedback here. Stay tuned.
Janice traveling solo in a 2008 Four Winds Windsport
Navigator: Annie the miniature poodle
2011 Honda CRV toad

Getupngo

Postby retiredhappy » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:33 am

You would love the Gallup balloon festival. Yeah, its cold that time of year but the balloons fly all around the rigs so you could, if you wanted, stay inside your warm rig and watch all the balloons up close. There are about 200 balloons flying around the red rocks so its beautiful. If you venture out amongst them while they're airing up and you find someone to volunteer to crew for you might get a free ride. I've gotten lucky 3 times. Friday night they have a big bonfire and indian dances and the balloon glow. I like it so much better than Albuq - you don't have to get in your car and drive to the balloons. If you're interested call Red Rock Park in Gallup (505 722-3839) to make a reservation. Its $20 a nite for water/Elec and the dataes are 12/3, 12/4 and 12/5. They don't require a deposit. I'm in site #96, Marlene is in site #97. Would love to meet you and give you your official Flamingo wineglass.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself