Howdy, from CheerioGirl!

Come on in and say hello.

Howdy, from CheerioGirl!

Postby CheerioGirl » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:07 pm

A special thanks to Retiredhappy for showing me 'the way' to you all!
I am single, 55, no children, not even a pet, as he passed away about six months ago. A trip today to the Humane Society cat department reminded me that the grieving has not ended. I have been a full-time RV'er for about eight years. Had not a clue when I became interested in the lifestyle, read, researched, talked to my elder RV'ers, talked some more, got a CDL and finally took the plunge. I had no idea the freedom would be so addictive and so much a part of my real character. Not of retirement age, I work as I go along, that encreases my number of stories to tell around the campfire in the evenings. I hope to learn a lot from you gals, and you all have my admiration!!!! CheerioGirl
CheerioGirl

Re: Howdy, from CheerioGirl!

Postby carold » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:21 pm

Welcome to the group CheerioGirl. You definitely started RVing early in life and glad to hear how much you enjoy it. PLEASE don't listen to a word said or any story that Karen might have told about us :lol: even if they are true. :roll: You probably got your wineglass quicker than any other member. I'm sure you realize if you've perused our Forum posts that most subjects are NOT sacred, so looking forward to hearing your stories and seeing pics. carold
carold

Postby avalen » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:16 pm

welcome, your in the right place for sure
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby retiredhappy » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:49 pm

Marlene, glad to see you here. I will bring your flamingo wineglass when I visit you in Deming. I'm sure you'll fit right in here and really enjoy these slightly crazy ladies.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:06 pm

Welcome aboard......Looking forward to hearing more about your journeys... and meeting you down the road ..... " slightly crazy...?" It depends on the day.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby VickieP » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:02 pm

Welcome Marlene, you've found a great group of gals. When I saw that name "CherrioGirl" listed in the new member section I thought, what a cute name, I sure hope that person posts, :lol: Can't wait to find out more about you and your travels!
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:47 pm

Welcome, Marlene!!! If Karen showed you the way here, ya' got to know already we're a bunch of crazy women (and some crazy DHs who hang out with us)....but we all care about one another and share our love of RVing....part-time, full-time, and soon to be on the road, folks...so sit back, enjoy, and jump in when ever you want.... ;)
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby WickedLady » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:19 pm

Welcome! Hope to meet you one day as I plan to get to AZ and NM in the future.
WickedLady

Postby Cedar518 » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:22 am

Welcome Cheerio!

I'm so glad you have joined us. the more the merrier around the campfire. If you haven't checked out the Campfire,... get on over there after the sun goes down,... maybe you will stumble onto that box of wine I hid ages ago. :lol:

Seriously,... this is a great group, you can turn to any of us for any reason at any time. Welcome aboard!
Cedar518

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:59 pm

I think that hidden box of wine got found weeks ago.......not naming names but...you know we can find anything around the campfire.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:27 pm

Howdy Cherriogirl, glad you joined us. We can't wait to hear some of your campfire stories. Welcome.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby CheerioGirl » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:45 pm

Thank you all for the down home greeting - I feel very welcomed and ready to share in the forums, once I figure out HOW it works :D Hope to have special lessons from Retiredhappy when she comes to visit me in Deming. It feels so good to know there are other single women out there - brave, courageous and a bit on the gypsy side. Takes a special kind of woman (in my humble opinion) to navigate this lifestyle! Break out the wine!
CheerioGirl

Postby VickieP » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:22 pm

Go ahead, jump in, you can post anywhere on here, just like you've done in your introduction posts. Don't be shy, we welcome any and all comments, observations, helpful tips, opinions, questions, wise cracks :lol: Come on, even if it's just sharing your day, we'll all enjoy it.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Bethers » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:00 pm

Welcome CheerioGirl/Marlene,

So glad to have you with us. Great into - and we're about the same age - although I'm a tad older. Not too many younger than us, YET, but I expect that age group will keep joining also. I'm always so glad to see fellow women rver's. And like you, I have a special affinity for those who do this solo.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Nasoosie » Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:33 am

WELCOME, MARLENE, to a fantastic group of special women!

Hope to see a lot of you on here, and learn what's up in your life as you meander down the paths!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself