Hello You All

Come on in and say hello.

Hello You All

Postby Mrssissy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:45 am

I am a new member but have some age on me. I hope to contribute to the forum as well as learn a lot. I have been camping since I was 6 years old but now have a MH with a toad that stays parked way too much. Hope to post some pictures when I get time but I still work at my own business full time after retiring from my first job. I took off for a year but missed the action and did not have our MH at that time. DH is still working part time at his own business. We also enjoy 3 grandchildren when we can and try to keep them often. My purpose for joining is to learn about the life stile from others prospective. What little we have traveled in the MH we enjoy it. The primary reason we bought one is the freedom of not having to keep a travel schedule, make reservations at dirty hotel rooms, eat when we want, sleep when we want, arrive when we want and if we don’t what the H. Once we went to a historic home tour in Natchez, MS and were going to Layette, LA next, decided we were too tired and headed back home. On the way home in Atlanta we decided we weren’t ready to go home and ended up going to Savannah and Charleston, that’s what we call freedom. One of the biggest problems we have when we get to an area is trying to sort out the mundane tourist traps from the worthwhile places. I guess that’s just an age old problem. We use web resources as much as possible. We went to St. Augustine and felt disappointed and this really bothered us that we could not zero in a something good to see and do. Maybe our expectations were too high. One more thing and don’t hold this against me :oops: but Sparkle is a good long time friend of mine and everything you have ever heard about her is true and I still have enough secrets’ to write another book. Well enough babbling just glad to be here. As you see I don’t do paragraphs well, it takes too much structured planning. :lol:
2003 Fleetwood Providence with a 2008 Saturn Aura toad
Mrssissy

Re: Hello You All

Postby VickieP » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:02 pm

AAAGGGGHHHHH My eyes, my eyes, did you say Sparkle! :lol: :lol: I'm glad you posted your introduction MrsSissy, now we can all officially welcome you. I agree that it's great to be able to just have your own STUFF with you when traveling, not have to worry about what might be in the carpet when you walk around barefooted in a hotel room, uck. Seems you've been traveling in the southern area so I'm guessing that's where your home base is? So glad you're here and sharing already, welcome.
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Cedar518 » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:40 pm

Welcome to you Mrssissy! I'm so glad that you posted an introduction. and ..... a friend of Sparkles! Whooooeeee..... I had a feeling it was all true! :D

Jump right in here anywhere, ask questions, tell stories, post pics,... (a lot of us use Photobucket as a platform to get our pics onto the forum. Just paste the IMG code under your PB pic into a message here. When you hit submit or preview there is the pic)

You're among friends so relax and enjoy! We're glad you are here.
Cedar518

Postby OutandAbout » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:59 pm

Welcome Mrssissy. Nah, we don't hold anything against anybody. We just enjoy each other as is, warts and all. Glad you found us. Linda
OutandAbout

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:17 pm

Welcome, ask away. This place is full of it, knowledge that is. :lol:
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby WickedLady » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:27 pm

Welcome, welcome. If you are a long-time friend of Sparkle's then I know we won't scare you off :lol:
WickedLady

Postby retiredhappy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:38 pm

Welcome, welcome. The type of RVing you describe is what I call the "I'm almost there" travel. You're in once place and you look at a map and see someplace interesting so you decide to go see cause "you're almost there." Wow, now we can get the real scoop on Sparkle - yipee. Come on, give us the real dirt.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby avalen » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:32 pm

yee haaaa, I can hardly wait for Sparkle stories, :lol:
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Mrssissy » Mon Aug 10, 2009 11:41 pm

The stories I could write about Sparkle would fit better under a Forum of a different name. She could have been the leader of the pack in Golden Girls or maybe better yet Fanny Hill then again thats too mild. Maybe she would fit good in Steven King novel. I remember the antique booth she had and sold antiques but also slanted the antiques to empty rice sacks she had bought rice in at Sam’s, curb side finds, thrift store treasures, and several dead animal parts starting with pretty shells but going to horns and numerous skulls she had buried dug up after a earthen cleaning. She could turn rat S_ into money to get a RV. Who can’t help but love her, bless her heart. In the south you can say anything about anyone as long as you do a good bless your heart. BLESS HER HEART, an I have blessed it often.
2003 Fleetwood Providence with a 2008 Saturn Aura toad
Mrssissy

Postby carold » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:42 am

Hi and welcome. We promise not to hold it against you that you are friends with Sparkle :lol: Would you use the word "cohort" maybe? :roll: I definitely agree that the freedom of having some sort of traveling home (or part time home) is what makes this lifestye appealing for us. We love that we can "jello" our way around the country. Looking forward to more posts and stories. carold
carold

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:31 am

Welcome aboard. Can't wait to met you around the campfire and listen to your stories....... I like your traveling by wandering method....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Nasoosie » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:53 pm

WELCOME, Mrssissy!

Sure can't wait to hear more about your life and your travels....and see some pics, too, when you learn how to post them on here. I hope to sit around a campfire with both you and Sparkle some night and be entertained by tales of some wild adventures!

You will love this group of strong, active women who do a lot of going.
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Sparkle » Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:38 pm

I'm sitting in the Ford repair shop waiting for 2000.00 of work to be done! Oh well...I have GOOD iNTERNET! Welcome Mrssisssy! You reminded me...I found a skunk body at the side of the road and decided the skull would make a good item to sell. However it stunk to high heaven, so I went home, had a couple of right smart Bourbons, said the heck with it and got the shovel out and staggered back home with little stinky held as far away as I could. He did sell. Then of course I've got the nice cow skull in my site at Kaibab....maybe selling it would help with this bill.
Sparkle

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 7:19 pm

spew alert Spakle,....gotta give a spew alert! :roll: :lol:
Cedar518

Return to Introduce Yourself