New to this site

Come on in and say hello.

New to this site

Postby ali1257 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:20 am

Greetings from Blaine, WA

My name is Ali, married 33+ yrs, two grown son's, one darling daughter-in-law, and 3 delightful grandchildren: Opal, Christopher and Max.

We live full time in our RV (since Nov. 06). We mainly reside in Whatcom County, WA, up by the Canadian border in the Pacific Northwest.

My husband, Ron, and I are getting ready to take our first long road trip: we will be going to Yellowstone, Minnesota, Iowa, Branson, MO, Nashville, TN, Savannah, GA, Arkansas, Texas, Tucson, AZ and Napa, CA before returning to Blaine, WA. We leave on September 20 and return on December 6.

Thanks for letting me join the Women's RV Forum. I look forward to getting to know you all and learning from you. I am learning the ropes from setting up to tearing down and most importantly how to drive the motor home. We have a 37' Class A CountryCoach.

Ali
Blaine, WA
Ali (married to Ron)
Blaine, WA
http://www.ali1257.blogspot.com
ali1257

Re: New to this site

Postby retiredhappy » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:29 am

Welcome Ali and family. Sounds like a great upcoming trip. Learn how to post pictures on here and we'll all come along with you. I was raised in the Burien (Seattle) area and when now workamping, live in Kerrville Texas near San Antonio, in the Hill Cpuntry. I stay at the Guadalupe RV Resort in the winter/spring so if you're nearby, come visit and get your official Flamingo wineglass.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Nasoosie » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:45 am

WELCOME TO ALI AND HER CREW!!!

You will love this group of people who love to camp and travel, and, some of us, who just live in our RVs as much as possible! It sounds as if you are getting good at doing all the chores it takes to drive your house down the road! Your upcoming trip will be super!

Hope to hear from you along the way, and, when you learn how to post pictures from photobucket (or any such photo site) we will love to see you and where you are!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby jemek » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:11 pm

Well it is about time you finally poked your head in here.
Welcome and it is a great and awesome and fun place.
Kris aka Kristy
Wife to Norm
Mom to 3 boys and 2 girls
Many critters
2003 Dodge Ram 2500
2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail
DH has 2004 Dodge Durango
Not that I am great at keeping this updated...but I try..
http://smithseven.blogspot.com/
jemek

Postby VickieP » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:40 pm

Welcome Ali! Great to have you join us. I checked out your blog and can't wait for your big trip, so we can all follow along, cheaper on gas that way! :lol:
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby mitch5252 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:45 pm

Welcome, Ali! You're gonna love it here...it becomes an addiction. But a good one!

Can't wait to follow along on your trip. You have a place to stop here in NW TN in case you're in the neighborhood - 30A service, water, and sewer dump. Go touring Kentucky Lake and Reelfoot Lake for a day or so - each is about 45 minutes away, in opposite directions. Price is right, too! Nada!

Again, welcome.

Michelle

mitch5252

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:04 pm

Welcome, Ali!!! Sounds like you've got a great travel adjenda for this fall....We also, full time....since Aug. '04....when you get to Savannah, give me a shout out here and we'll plan a get together aka - GTG... :lol: Ernie & I will be camphosting in the Savannah area this fall/winter...Glad you joined us :D
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:34 pm

Welcome Ali!

Thanks for posting your introduction.

Now you are among a circle of friends,.. so join in anywhere that interests you. A lot of us use Photobucket to post pictures here. After loading them to PB, then just draw your cursor over the photo and the links beneath it appear,.. copy the IMG code link into a post here and voila! there is your photo for all of us to see.

Looking forward to getting to know you better!
Cedar518

Postby avalen » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:38 pm

Welcome Ali
that was my nick name when I was a teenager in high school, was short for Alice
but I answer to Ava as well, my grown up nick name :lol:
You certainly have quite a trip planned, I'll be in that area on your return side, in
AZ, but it will be beautiful weather by the time you get here. Looking forward to
pics.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby WickedLady » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:27 pm

Welcome. Sounds like you have a fantastic trip planned. Take lots of pictures! :D
WickedLady

Postby ali1257 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:31 pm

Thanks for all the hi's and welcome's. I look forward to getting to know my way around the forum and getting to know you all.
Ali (married to Ron)
Blaine, WA
http://www.ali1257.blogspot.com
ali1257

Postby sunshinecruiserTN » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:22 pm

Ali, if you are going to hit Nashville TN in October be sure to check out our GTG. Guys are welcome to attend.
Live, Laugh, Love
TN/FL
sunshinecruiserTN

Postby carold » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:35 am

Welcome to the Forum. We've been fulltiming since Oct. '05 and wintering near our home area (Tampa, FL) in Sarasota. I'm impressed that you winter in WA in your MH. Seems like most fulltimers indicate that their rig doesn't do well in really cold temps. Sounds like you have a great family and a wonderful trip planned. Our first trip also consisted of a marathon run :roll: around the country. You'll be passing a lot of sisters on that trip, so you might get to meet a few in person. Looking forward to following your adventures. carold
carold

Return to Introduce Yourself