New Member Introduction

Come on in and say hello.

New Member Introduction

Postby Sagegal » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:48 pm

Hello all new RVer here but not new to the outdoors, used to be a backcountry ranger in the San Isabele National Forest in Leadville, CO. I'll be taking a six week trip real soon, would like to invite you to follow along on my adventure...check out my website

Looking for any trips and tricks to help me along, should be a great adventure.

Sagegal
Last edited by Sagegal on Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sagegal

Re: New Member Introduction

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:11 am

Welcome Sage!

My grandfather spent some time in Leadville back in its heyday,.... worked in a mine there for a while. He came home to upstate NY after about a year out there. That must have been around 1890 or so,.... my aunt was born around 1898 and it was when he was younger before he was married. He told some interesting stories.
Cedar518

Postby Sagegal » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:24 am

Hey Cedar518,

I was noticing that Chalet trailer, I came so close to buying either that or the A-Liner until I got an incredible deal on a travel trailer, how do you like it? I heard the Chalet's are better constructed than the A-liner, after my trip I might switch, I like the fact that the Chalet fits into my garage where my travel trailer doesn't plus the whole concept fascinates me. Leadville is beautiful, I helped construct water lines into a camp ground that is still currently in use outside the back country. I had a wonderful time there but there wasn't a whole lot to do outside of work.
Sagegal

Postby asirimarco » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:48 am

Welcome - I'm sure you'll learn a lot as you continue with your travels. If you have questions, just fire away someone here can probably answer them. Have fun and drive safe.
asirimarco

Postby Sagegal » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:51 am

Here's my first easy question, where does one obtain those maps of the US that I see you all post with the states you visited?
Sagegal

Postby Paulette » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:55 am

http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/

That's the site. And welcome to the Forum.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Paulette

Postby avalen » Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:33 pm

welcome welcome welcome
lovely area around Leadville, course I'm prejudice anyway cause I love Colorado period!
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby bluepinecones » Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:19 pm

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good, helpful information here. And warm moral support for your adventures.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby WickedLady » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:09 pm

Welcome! You will like it here and we are glad to have you. Be sure to take lots of pictures on your trips as we love to go along in spirit.
WickedLady

Postby mtngal » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:41 am

Hi Sagegal! Welcome to the forum, and GOOD LUCK on your great adventure!!!
Diana
mtngal

Postby Birdie » Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:05 pm

Welcome Sagegal! Leadville is gorgeous and cold, cold, cold! Welcome to the forum, you are gonna love it here. These ladies have lots of experience RVing and are always willing to help. Just ask... Enjoy your adventure.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby retiredhappy » Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:56 pm

Welcome to the forum. Any questions, just ask. We're always willing to help.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby VickieP » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:02 pm

Welcome to the forum! I just checked out your blog, LUV that neat little washing machine, it's so cute :D
VickieP
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3911

VickieP

Postby Bethers » Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:22 pm

Welcome and Nice to meet you. Hope you enjoy this forum and all these wonderful women as much as the rest of us - yourself included!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Cedar518 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:50 am

Sagegal wrote:I was noticing that Chalet trailer, I came so close to buying either that or the A-Liner until I got an incredible deal on a travel trailer, how do you like it?

Well, it has pros and cons,... depending on how you want to use it. For one it is excellent, two people it's marginal as it's small on floor space and storage. For more than a wife and hubby or two gal pals it would not work well.

cons: There is almost no built in storage. It takes quite a bit of upper body strength to push the roof up, but still do-able for me at age 67. There is no awning on mine. Some have it, of course for extra money. No bathroom, I use a porta potty covered with a beach towel to look like a hassock in front of the gaucho sofa. And although i keep the gaucho sofa made up as a bed for me when my friend is with me we have to keep taking the dinette up and down for her bed.

pros: tows like it's not even there! lots of natural light, has all the systems of a larger TT, cozy.

Yes, Chalet is larger (and heavier) than most Aliners. Both have had issues,... older Aliners had problems with floor rot but that has been addressed now with a better undercoating. Older Chalets had problems with cracks in the storage pod on front. That also has been replaced with a different storage pod on newer models. Basically a folding TT is a unique thing,... serving a niche market. (read: over priced)

I bought mine new in 2004, I have enjoyed it but am looking to trade for a regularly designed TT with an awning and bathroom and real bed. It has served me well as I had to start over after an unexpected and unwanted divorce. I'm ready to move on and up now.
Cedar518

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself