Hello everyone

Come on in and say hello.

Re: Hello everyone

Postby jemek » Tue May 05, 2009 5:52 pm

AlmostThere wrote:Hi, Kris, from another Washingtonian!! What part of the state are you in, if you don't mind me asking. I'm in the SW just 20 some miles NE of Portland, OR. !

Well just head due north until you almost get to the Canadian Border...we are actually in a small community about 8 miles SE of Bellingham.
Kris aka Kristy
Wife to Norm
Mom to 3 boys and 2 girls
Many critters
2003 Dodge Ram 2500
2007 Crossroads Sunset Trail
DH has 2004 Dodge Durango
Not that I am great at keeping this updated...but I try..
http://smithseven.blogspot.com/
jemek

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue May 05, 2009 7:09 pm

Welcome.....looking forward to getting to know you better and listening to your stories and your interests....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby bluepinecones » Wed May 06, 2009 12:33 am

Another warm welcome to you from another relatively new comer to the forum. I have found it to be a great place to learn, share, and make new friends. I suspect you will find the same.
The only major handicap in life is a bad attitude!
bluepinecones

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Wed May 06, 2009 7:04 pm

Welcome to another military wife!!!! Ernie retired from the Army after 24 years in 1992....He worked his 2nd career with the state of PA for 12 yrs......then an old war wound acted up and the Dr. said to just retire....again....so he did...we sold the house, called the kids to come get their inheritance, cause we're spending the rest...bought a Hybrid camper and hit the road....mostly staying at the military campgrounds....with a summer seasonal campsite in PA to visit relatives and spoil grand kids... ;) then we hit the road again in the fall.....we now have a 27 ft. 5th wheel....love it.... ;) We love our lifestyle...and with the military benies, we're all set....

The gals here are the most fun-loving, caring folks I know....always ready for a good laugh, to listen to any vents, and to give advise, when asked....There's tons of info here...on almost any subject.....and yest, as others have said....we love sharing photos, stories...etc...

So, have a seat, visit the campfire, and make yourself at home.....

Hope to meet you in person down the road....
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby Bethers » Thu May 07, 2009 12:42 am

Welcome, Kris. So glad to have you with us. And, there's a good chance your DH will be looking at you funny when you're in here reading - cuz oftentimes, you'll be laughing right out loud. Lori, who just posted, can tell you her Ernie will come read over her shoulder :)

I'll be coming through Washington on my way down from AK this fall - maybe we'll get an opportunity to meet then.

Enjoy - make yourself at home - the conversation is always lively (well, sometimes we hit a lull - but then, jump in and liven it up!).
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Lotus » Thu May 07, 2009 9:14 am

Hello Kris,
Another welcome to you....in this case from a non-rv'er who just likes to hang around with these gals!! Does that mean I'm a groupie??!! My BFF will be a full-timer soon, as well as another much newer friend also planning to full-time. So my interest came because of my BFF, I used to be a wannabe RV'er but got over it, but still was hooked quickly on this great forum!

Lotus (Becky)
Lotus

Postby Birdie » Thu May 07, 2009 2:48 pm

Welcome Kris, You will love being a part of this forum, as everyone has already said. I love that you have the guts to boss the trailer around. I, too, boss mine around but it is not a large as yours! Sometimes it is easy and sometimes it just doesn't want to do what you want it to do. But I love the experience of being out and about. Nice, too, that you have the children that you can introduce to this marvelous way of life. It is something that they will always remember. Thanks to both you and your DH for your courage and service to our country that I might lead this kind of life. Have a great Mother's Day and many happy trips. Looking forward to talking with you here.
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

Postby Redetotry » Fri May 15, 2009 7:35 pm

Welcome Kristy! I love the Pacific Northwest, but sadly I live in hot humid Illinois! I'm still a wannabe but hopefully someday I will head for the cool ocean breezes.
We are glad you found us and happy to see you join in all the fun here.
Redetotry
BJ
Redetotry

Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself