Hi from a newcomer!

Come on in and say hello.

Hi from a newcomer!

Postby amandastone » Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:24 pm

Hello everyone!
My name is Amanda, I'm an editor/writer and a happy RV owner.
My husband and I are travelling on a Thor Hurricane 31S, love that little beast.

Have a nice day everyone,
cheers!
G-Power!
amandastone

Re: Hi from a newcomer!

Postby Bethers » Fri Aug 28, 2020 10:33 am

Hi Amanda and welcome. Thanks for doing an intro... All your posts are now live. If you make it to the morning coffee room you'll see someone starts a post daily (feel free to be that someone if no one has yet on any particular day). Especially in these times, it's nice to connect, even if we don't have much to say. So join on in.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Aug 28, 2020 11:02 am

Welcome Amanda. I do not full-time and am on my forth RV. Different vehicles for different phases, times and purposes in our lives. At my age I am hoping that this is my last. I purchased it well used and am making repairs. I already love not having a payment. Let us know your adventures.....and we encourage the sharing of the seemingly boring everyday moments, also. These are unusual times we are journeying through!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:24 pm

Welcome Amanda. I live in Southern Oregon and I dont fulltime but enjoy traveling very much. I am a solo traveler with my small dog. Love the gals on this Forum. Everyone is very helpful and non judgemental. We all have opinions but we respect each other. And the best news is NO POLITICS
Feel free to jump in any time. We love reading about each others travels, issues, recipes, books etc. Some on here have even sold their RV, looking for an RV and just enjoy the banter.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:46 pm

Welcome Amanda!

We are a fun, goofy bunch of women here! I recently sold my trailer and eventually want to get a class B or small C for summer traveling once I retire in a couple years. I live in the desert east of Los Angeles so I want to escape the hot summers here.

Are you two full-timers or just part-time travelers? Do you have any pets? Most of the ladies on here have dogs. I have a cat, but no matter what type, we all love our furkids to death!

We love photos of rigs, pets, places you visit, etc. There is a thread on how to post pics.

Jump in anytime on any thread here!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby monik7 » Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:20 pm

Welcome from the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby snowball » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:54 pm

Hi
I full time although my travels are more snow bird travels... I live in my 5th full time park it at my dd's for the summer then when it gets too cold head south to Quartzsite AZ for the winter
some day it is going to surprise me and take me a different way other than through UT and NV to get to AZ ... :lol:
I am widowed and have a dog tow a 36 ft 5th wheel... have 5 adult children 14 grandkids and 1 great granddaughter...
check out the get together room and look at the get together for Q we would love to see you come join us
sheila
snowball

Postby JudyJB » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:54 am

Hi, Amanda! Almost missed you. I have been full-timing for over 8 years and 145,000 miles. I worked as an editor, trainer, course developer, customer contact, office refrigerator cleaner-outer, and whatever else was needed for a various training companies and a couple of manufacturing companies for 30+ years. Since I am from Detroit, a lot was automotive, but I did some really strange stuff over the years. I am retired from my regular job but continue with my 30 year part-time job of teaching college business writing classes.

So where are you hanging out? Right now I am in Idaho, but slowly working my way south to Zion and Grand Canyon and parts in between.

Just realized that with another writer on the forum, I am going to have to be more careful with grammar and punctuation. So, how about a deal--I won't notice your mistakes, if you won't notice mine??? (Tina is another problem because she grades standardized tests.)
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Irmi » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:39 am

Hi Amanda and welcome! My hubby and I summer in MD and winter in FL. We still have a house but because of the virus and also taking a cross country trip, we've been living in our motorhome for over two years. Like Sheila said, check the get together forum and see who is where. Because of these ladies traveling all over, we've probably met 20 or more of them.
Irmi

Postby BirdbyBird » Sat Aug 29, 2020 9:44 am

Judy, I love you but you know that my "problems" are so much more than the chance that I will mentally edit someone's writing....... bahahahah

There is that level of carefully editing that somehow gets dropped in the initial stages of getting thoughts on paper and computer.......around here anymore I think we are lucky to get our thoughts written down at all.......I promise to be more better in my next life.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby MandysMom » Sat Aug 29, 2020 1:21 pm

Hi Amanda. I live in northern California. I am a 71 year young widow, of almost two years. I have a Leisure Travel Van class B. we have had it since it was new in 05, and since my husband died, I have made 3 trips to get my sea legs. Hoped to travel more this year, but yes the virus has kept me at home. My disabled adult son lives with me and our two cats and parrot. I am a former Navy Nurse and a retired nurse, though one never truly retires from nursing because it's part of me. Look forward to getting to know you.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby Cudedog » Sat Aug 29, 2020 2:44 pm

Welcome to the forum, Amanda.

I'll not put my age in here, those who have met me at GTG's (gads, ladies, remember those?) will know that I am truly a certified Old Bag.

I have a largish dog, who is my constant companion. Have brought him to a couple of the aforementioned GTG's, many have met my sweet boy.

I have many hobbies, from traveling (I had hoped to take out my small Jayco 154 BH many times this year - small, but perfect for me! -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjYX_mrFNdQ&t=53s

but, like Velda, the virus has changed my plans.

I also enjoy writing and making wire-wrapped hand made jewelry.

I don't like to clean house too much, my philosophy is "why wash dishes if the sink isn't full?", my garage looks like a couple of doomsday preppers have tossed their leftovers in there after they have rescued all of the good stuff - but there you go. What are garages for, anyway, but to toss stuff into that you will "get to later"?

Hope you enjoy the Forum, and decide to stick around. :D

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby cnq50b » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:47 pm

Welcome Amanda,

As the others have said, this is a pretty special group of adventurous, smart & caring ladies.

I'm a Kansas gal who has been transplanted to the Los Angeles area. I sold my class b van a couple of years ago but hope to continue traveling once my grandma daycare duties slow down in another year or two.

Jump in on the fun. Hope you meet you down the road.
Take care,
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Return to Introduce Yourself