Planning now

Come on in and say hello.

Planning now

Postby Love2wander » Wed Jul 08, 2020 1:58 pm

Hi All. My name is Liz (love2wander). I live in Las Vegas, and am currently looking for a small RV so that I can travel independently. Ultimately I have two objectives: to travel late this fall-- cross-country from NV to SC to meet my first granddaughter, who is now 4 months old. Second objecting is to pause along the way to enjoy the beauty this country has to offer. In the short term, if there are any other adventurous ladies who would like to do a bit of back country hiking/tenting in this region, pls contact me. Interested in hiking the peaks around Mt. Charleston, or possibly heading towards Zion NP. I'm semi-retired, looking for new places to discover, and would love to have someone to share hiking, kayaking and camping with. I travel with my Pitbull, Misty, who is a great companion. :D
Love2wander

Re: Planning now

Postby Bethers » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:13 pm

Welcome, Liz! Glad to have you with us. Jump in anywhere, ask any questions. Join the family!

I'm out west most of the time and always glad to meet someone from the forum that comes through.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Jul 10, 2020 8:01 am

Welcome from SW Ohio. The more you travel around the more paces you will find that you want to travel too!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby SoCalGalcas » Fri Jul 10, 2020 11:01 am

Hi Liz, welcome to the Forum. I was a “full timer” for 16 years. Loved every minute of my adventures. This is a great place to gather information. Many knowledgeable ladies here.
The reason I gave up the traveling life is because of my lungs. My health, at 80, gave out.
My last travel vehicle was a 15 foot Lance, pulled by a Chevy Colorado. I now have that trailer up for sale. I traveled with a 60 lb shepherd mix. A wonderful rescue I had for 13 years. Let me know if you have any questions about the trailer.
Best of luck to you and stay in touch.
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby snowball » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:30 pm

welcome to the forum Liz
my sister lives in Vegas.... and normally I go to Quartzsite AZ for the winter
and we have a gtg in late January while the big RV show is on who knows if all that will happen this year
or not :roll: it will be the first in many years that it's not happened. So hopefully you will come join us
have a good try going East that would be fun for you to have company
sheila
snowball

Postby amandastone » Thu Aug 27, 2020 4:21 am

Hello! I'm new here as well
welcome!
G-Power!
amandastone

Return to Introduce Yourself