Hello from Idaho :)

Come on in and say hello.

Hello from Idaho :)

Postby Salty14 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:11 pm

Hi all, I'm Charlene, 64 yrs young, still employed full-time, and living full time in my 29' TT here in sunny Boise Idaho. Actually, the sun did come out today and I believe we may have reached 38degrees. Winters are a bit challenging, but since I like my job, and both my son and grandson live here I'll stick it out for a couple more years I think. Contemplating buying a used motorhome after retirement and hitting the road. I've been playing with the numbers and am not sure I can afford it, but you know I never would have had a child based on the 'numbers'! I've managed to see a good bit of the United States, but there is a whole lot I still want to explore. Looking forward to having someone to talk things over with as questions arise. Thanks for reading
Salty14

Re: Hello from Idaho :)

Postby Bethers » Wed Dec 18, 2019 11:51 pm

Welcome, Charlene! I'm proof this can be done even if the numbers don't crunch right. Jump in anywhere and ask any questions. We are a smaller group but quickly become friends and support each other.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby monik7 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 2:34 am

Welcome Charlene. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. This forum is a great group of caring, intelligent and wonderful ladies, so feel free to join in anywhere. Questions are always welcome.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby MandysMom » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:53 am

Welcome Charlene! My home is in northern Calofornia , near Sacramento. This year I began traveling again , following he 2018 death of my husband. I travel in a class B RV. Look forward to getting to know you.
Velda
MandysMom

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:52 am

Welcome to the forum. Be sure to check out the member map to get an idea of where you might wander and still run into one of us. The forum has been up and running a little over ten years and you will find members here in all stages. Some have been full timers and then have returned to sticks and bricks; some still are out there. Some are still dreaming of adventures on wheels and others will share their knowledge and experiences from having been able to explore their dreams for many years. Ask, share and explore ideas. As you probably already know from life's experiences, there is not just one right way to move through these journey's.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Acadianmom » Thu Dec 19, 2019 1:35 pm

Welcome from South Louisiana. I have a motorhome and try to camp about once a month, sometime with my sister or friends. One of my friends started a Facebook camping group for Louisiana women and that helps us keep in touch and camp together. There might be something like that in your area. I use to be able to travel farther but now if I leave I have to get the neighbors to feed my cats for me.

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby avalen » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:42 pm

Welcome Charlene
Im in Arizona, currently working again to pay off my jeep toad i bought. I started out in a van conversion and then moved up to a motorhome. Will probably downsize in a couple years. Lot of great advice can be acquired here., Just ask
Last edited by avalen on Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby snowball » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:19 am

welcome Charlene hope I remembered your name correctly sometimes by the time we read everything something has escaped... :roll: sometimes I am not sure what I am I live in my 5th wheel full time but it tends to follow the path of a snow bird north for the summers and south for the winter... spend my summer in Tetonia Idaho and winters in Quartzsite AZ.. we have all been there done that so no question is dumb or unknown... stop in at the various forums and chat with us about pretty much anything...
sheila
snowball

Postby JudyJB » Fri Dec 20, 2019 8:58 pm

Welcome, Charlene. I have been a full-timer for the past 7.5 years and live in a 32' Class C, but don't tow a vehicle. I either rent a car once in a while or just take my motorhome out to stores and on errands. I pay my travel expense by teaching college classes online, so you will see me doing a lot of complaining about students and grading papers!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby cnq50b » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:10 pm

Hi Charlene,
I'm in the LA area but am a Kansan at heart. I sold my class B a couple of years ago, but hope to travel more in the future. Your comment about 'playing with the numbers' sounds like me. I play with the numbers concerning retirement. The numbers work out ok but I'm still scared to let go of that paycheck. I'll probably give in sometime this year though & just 'let it go'. :lol:
This group might be small but they are the smartest, kindest, most independent group of ladies I've ever known. ;)
Hope to meet you down the road.
Catherine
Catherine & Sadie
California

cnq50b

Postby Salty14 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 12:27 pm

Thank you all for the warm welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you all over time. Merry Christmas!!!
Salty14

Postby Rufflesgurl » Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:23 pm

Hi Charlene Welcome to the forum from N. Central CA. My niece just moved to an area around Boise from San Diego, CA and loves it there. This will be her first winter in Idaho though. Enjoy your working years to retirement and then enjoy even more when
you retire and are out on the road full time!!

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Return to Introduce Yourself