Hi from Tri-Cities

Come on in and say hello.

Hi from Tri-Cities

Postby rvgrandma7 » Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:49 pm

My name is Charlotte. I am 67 years young. My husband and I started Workamping in 2005. He was diagnosed with Alzheimer's Disease in 2008 but was able to work until 2010. Then I continued to work for the next three years until we I didn't feel safe leaving him alone. I had worked two summers at the RV park in Prosser so like the area. My last job was in Fernley, NV where after it we settled here in the Tri-cities. He is now in memory care so I am a 'living widow' as we call ourselves. My hope is that I will still be able to travel, physically and financially, once he is gone but who knows how much longer that will be.

I live in our 34 ft 2000 Sea View motorhome with my dog Jasmine. I did have a cat but last spring she refused to come inside so about midnight I heard this scream. I got out there in time to see coyotes going across the field behind us. I miss my 'Mr Fix-it' but have pretty well learned to do most of the stuff myself. I have a great neighbor in the RV park that will help if I need it. We also have a great mobile repairman for those jobs I need to pay to be done.
rvgrandma7

Re: Hi from Tri-Cities

Postby Bethers » Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:50 pm

Welcome Charlotte. Wow, things have been and still are difficult for you. I admire you and how you're handing everything and hope you will get to travel again. Maybe you could do some short get aways?

Glad to have you with us.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Oct 31, 2019 8:06 pm

Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio. You definitely have great skills in adapting to the necessary detours in life. We aren’t all that huge but we are a diverse lot and welcome participation, opinions, stories and laughter.....
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby snowball » Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:36 pm

Welcome... it's a tough road you are on ... wish there was something we could do to help... Where is the Tri-cities?
that might help there may one of "us" near by as we are from border to border both ways... that is sad about your kitty... know what you mean about missing the "mr. fix-it" each and every time I have to either find someone to fix something or have to pay for someone or where there is no one to talk it over with... get it totally many of us are alone for whatever reason so totally get it...
I am in transit heading to AZ for the winter... spend the summer's in Idaho but do live in my 5th wheel with a dog
sheila
snowball

Return to Introduce Yourself