Hello ladies!

Come on in and say hello.

Hello ladies!

Postby Robin » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:05 am

I just joined the rv travel world! Bought a 21 ft Forest River Wolf pup!
Became 62, retired, and single in about a 60day period!
So I am FREE and financially able to travel and be the free spirit, gypsy I always fantasized being! Traveling w/2 small dogs and a cat!. We will start our journey here in Seadrift, Texas and drive north to Amarillo then on to Trinidad Colorado .
I sure hope to meet some of you ladies out there on the road! I am thinking of joining the RV WOMEN organization, and go to the convention Nov1 in Tuscon!
Can I I get any feedback on the organization? How about the convention? Anyone going? Anyone been?
Robin

GTG

Postby Robin » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:25 am

Hello! I am wondering how do i find out about the get togethers?
Where? When?
I would like to meet you on the road!
Robin

Re: Hello ladies!

Postby Bethers » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:36 am

Hi and welcome Robin! I merged your two posts so we could talk about everything in this one thread.

You have a wonderful trip planned. I'm currently in SD and won't head south before October. I'll be hanging around AZ and NM this winter. At least that's the plans now.

Planned gtg's are in the get together room. But there are always unplanned ones going on. If you let people get know where you'll be, often someone or more will be in the same area and able to gtg.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby BirdbyBird » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:49 am

Welcome to the forum from SW Ohio but currently sitting at a dog show (Marion County Fairgrounds) in north central Ohio. RVs are useful for all kinds of adventures. There aren’t as many planned GTGs as there used to be. But many mini gtgs as some of us travel around the country. All and any of the gtgs are started by
Any willing member. Pick a campground and dates and you post it. There are several that are always planned in the winter months for Florida and Quartzsite in AZ because of those of us that attempt to escape our winters and visit with friends. Some of our better planners know 6 months out and just say hey if you are interested come join me.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Cudedog » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:18 am

Welcome!

Be sure to post photos of your rig, and photos of your pets.

We love them!!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby BarbaraRose » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:41 am

Welcome Robin from Palm Springs area in CA! Would love to see pics of your rig and pets! We love photos!

You can check for get-togethers on the Get Together thread or look in the General thread for the members map to see where the ladies on here are currently located in case you are in their area. Quartszite in January is a decent sized GTG for us. I don't know much about the RV Women group but I am sure someone on here can tell you more about it. There are lots of different groups out there you can join.

Hoping to meet you down the road. Enjoy your new adventures and feel free to share them with us!
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby SoCalGalcas » Mon Jul 29, 2019 12:45 pm

Hello Robin, Welcome to our Forum! I was thrilled when I discovered this forum. I had belonged to RVing Women for 23 years and loved every minute of it. However, when they raised their dues to $62 per year, that was the end for me. As a single woman on a fixed income, I could not justify paying that much to camp, and them paying to camp! However, I figured I was the only one to feel that way. I just visited a friend who still belongs and the Solo group is going strong!
This forum has an equally number of members, and, No dues, No camping fees, No paying to belong. All the members on this forum are very, very nice. I have made some good friends!.
I do not camp as much as I used to. Quartzsite is one of my main events! So try to arrange your schedule to be at Q during the days of the Big Tent. We gather at Sheilas spot and you will be hearing more of that as the time gets closer!
Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Postby Acadianmom » Mon Jul 29, 2019 1:44 pm

Welcome Robin from South Louisiana. I am a member of RVing Women and have been for a long time. I belong to two chapters, Texas Ramblin Roses and Heart of Dixie. I haven't been to a Texas GTG in a long time but still have Texas friends that I see sometimes. I have only been to one of the conventions but it was a lot of fun. There are chapters all over the US and you can ask to attend any campout. The events will be on the web site.

I mostly camp with a Louisiana Facebook group now. I know Louisiana has Facebook camping groups so I would think every state does. You could do a search and see what's out there. The forum members are all over the US. I usually meet up with someone coming across I-10 several times a year. We like to feed our friends crawfish. lol

Martha
Martha
2010 Coach House
Acadianmom

Postby IrishIroamed » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:07 pm

Hi Robin~~~ Welcome to the forum. Nice ladies here who are happy to answer questions and GTG at the drop of a hat sometimes. I posted once where I was going to be, and had a few ladies come to camp with me when I first started fulltiming when I retired. I ended up following Lyn (socalgal) from Illinois back to San Diego.

I'm originally from a Illinois, but became an official Texas gal last January, so I will be back that way at least once a year. I'm trying to see the national parks, and still need to get to Big Bend.

Hope to see you on the road. Have fun!.
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby JudyJB » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:12 pm

Welcome. We are a very informal group, but we do try to get together at least in small groups. I'm one of the full-timers and have been traveling 7 years--not quite as long as some of the ladies, however. I teach online college classes to pay for my travels so I do not have to dig into my meager savings. I've spent most of the last two years in the western states, lately in the northwest, but in October, I am headed back east to Michigan and Ohio, and then down to FLorida for the winter. I'll be back in Fall 2020, probably taking the northern route back from Michigan. Having sons and grandkids in both Ohio and Northern California, means I do a lot of bouncing around.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby avalen » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:38 pm

Welcome from AZ, Quartzsite is my favorite desert campout too. Hope to see you there
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby snowball » Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:30 pm

welcome to the forum Robin
I am a full timer but follow the habit's of the snowbirder's :lol: in that I winter in Quartzsite AZ and summer in Eastern Idaho.. not far from the west side of the Teton's I am presently about 60 minutes from the town of Jackson Wy... 90 minutes give or take from Grand Teton National Park and probably 21/2 to 3 hrs from Yellowstone again give or take... Speeds are low in the parks there are lots of people and sometimes traffic jams caused by animals that all adds to travel time. I live in a 36 ft 5th wheel with my dog... My husband passed away 7 years ago... have 5 children 13 grandchildren and a 2 month old great gd.
look forward to seeing you in Q if you find yourself in the area... it's a 180 for the season which is from Sept. 15 to April 15... there are free areas but no access to water or dumps or dumpsters... with the pass you get
to get water dump your tanks and garbage pickup... this pass is usable in other BLM's near Yuma and in CA.
keep in touch you will find people all over.. look on the forum map and you will get an idea of where we are
sheila
snowball

Postby BarbaraRose » Tue Jul 30, 2019 12:27 am

I do not camp as much as I used to...

So says the woman who just recently returned from a 9000 mile adventure around the country!! :lol:
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby JudyJB » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:47 pm

I was going to make the same comment, Barbie, about Lyn not traveling as much as she used to!!

Like, Lyn, how much did you USED to travel when you were a lot "younger"?????? (Not that you aren't still young-at-heart now.)

Robin and other new ladies, know that Lyn (SoCalGalcas) is one of our more "experienced" forum members, but she went out and bought a new trailer and pickup truck three years ago and thinks nothing of going on long jaunts at the drop of a hat. Two years ago, she drove from San Diego to a state park north of Tampa, FL, in 7 days!
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby BirdbyBird » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:13 pm

And recently attended her, was it 70th (?), high school reunion...... For many of us she is our role model for "keep on moving" and keep on finding adventures and laughter.....in life.
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself