hi new here

Come on in and say hello.

hi new here

Postby ChrisW63 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:27 am

Hi everyone, chrissy here, single mom, new RV owner. I'm looking forward to travel more next summer. I hope to hear your tips and advice, have no experience yet on planning, maintenance, design, etc. is having a good day. I look forward to learning and hearing from everyone and make friends. :)
ChrisW63

Re: hi new here

Postby Bethers » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:02 pm

Hi and welcome, Chrissy! What pay of the country are you in? Wherever you are I'm sure there k be done of us to gtg with.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby snowball » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:02 pm

welcome Chrissy
looking forward to getting to know you... please just jump into the conversations ask questions...ect
how old are your children...
I am a full timer but lots have what we call sticks and bricks
sheila
snowball

Postby monik7 » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:19 am

Welcome from the San Francisco Bay Area. So glad you’ve joined us. What kind of RV do you have? Feel free to ask whatever questions you have. We have a wonderful group of women who love to help out in any way we can.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby JudyJB » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:19 am

Welcome!! So what kind of traveling are you hoping to do? Weekends with kids? Long trips without kids?? Travel the country??? I have been full-timing for almost 7 years--amazes myself, to tell the truth. A few others are also full-timers and a lot of us take one or two long trips each year. Some putt around and some have serious destinations!

We do a lot of chatting on this forum, but that's because we meet up a lot. We are a friendly bunch, but you are welcome to share as much or as little as you choose about yourself.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby MandysMom » Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:25 am

Welcome Chrissy from Northern California!
MandysMom

Postby OregonLuvr » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:44 am

Welcome from southern Oregon
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BarbaraRose » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:13 pm

Hi Chrissy, welcome! What area of the country do you live in? What kind of RV did you get? Do you have any pets? Inquiring minds here, we are nosey! :lol:

We give lots of opinions, advice, humor, and support here! We love newbies!

I am originally from MN but currently live near San Diego, and about to move to the Palm Springs area. I don't have a trailer right now but will be getting one once I get moved. I have 2 cats.
Barbie, Romeow, and Sophie, missing Lola! (and lots of ferrets running around in my heart!)

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened"
-Anatole France
BarbaraRose

Postby Cudedog » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:10 pm

Hi Chrissy! :D

Nice to have you here. I live in northern California, near Sacramento. I am not a full-timer, I take one or two long trips every year with my Staffordshire Bull Terrier, and best friend, Big Joe. I pull a Jayco 154BH travel trailer with a converted cargo van (check out my links, below my signature!).

My major trip last year was a solo from California to Yellowstone. And, obviously, back again. :roll:

I love volcanoes. I fancy myself a writer. 8-)

Thus I have attitude. :lol:

Please tell us about yourself. We are nosey, and like to 'talk' to new members!

Thanks!

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby BirdbyBird » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:03 pm

Anne, now I think you have to just say "I am a writer."

Hi, from Southwestern Ohio. I am one with a home base but try to get out of Ohio several times a year especially in the winter for weeks and months on end. It helps to be mostly retired. That said, I am currently working a seasonal contract here in the Cincinnati area in order to resupply my savings account. The funds provide me with the ability to support my dog showing habit and my traveling addiction......

And though you see us signing in from all over the country, if you hang around long enough and travel around enough, you will be amazed at how many of us you might bump into!

Tina
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby Irmi » Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:01 pm

Hi Chrissy!

Welcome! I am one of the few here that is married and we are from MD but winter in Ocala. This is our 8th winter here and our plan is to tour the country this summer with hopes of meeting others along the way. Let us know where you are and plan on meeting us in your travels.
Irmi

Postby Rufflesgurl » Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:58 pm

Hi Chrissy. Welcome to the forum from N. Central CA. Will you be traveling with pets? Enjoy your travels.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Return to Introduce Yourself