Introducing myself...

Come on in and say hello.

Introducing myself...

Postby vermontgypsy » Tue Feb 05, 2019 12:56 am

I am the Vermont Gypsy, Leslie, who took a sudden right hand turn and bought a 20 foot travel trailer and wandered from Arizona to Vermont and back again with my dog Buddy. It scared the snot out of me the first few days I pulled the trailer. It has been a two year learning curve. Still can't back up half the time. Getting ready to head west to east again in May and wondering if there are any groups camping along the way.
vermontgypsy

Re: Introducing myself...

Postby Bethers » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:39 pm

Hi Leslie!

I'm sorry, I just got you approved tonight. I'm out boondocking and not online much this week.

So glad you've joined us and please, don't be a stranger.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby JudyJB » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:51 pm

Welcome, Leslie! Where are you right now and where are you headed? Don't have to give exact places, just area.

You describe exactly why I drive a motorhome! Was and still am a bit afraid to haul a trailer. And I don't even tow a car, so I have to take my motorhome to the store or rent one, but I am used to it now. I am in Oregon, but headed south to Napa, CA, and then to Las Vegas area for a couple of weeks or so.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby IrishIroamed » Wed Feb 06, 2019 11:42 pm

Welcome Leslie~~~
You can do it! Including backing up :D . Took me a while to figure our the backing up, and that was with 2 CDL drivers teaching me. But I finally figured it out on my own when I Googled it. It's really only a 4 step process. Just stop, take a breath and think your way through it. This link is how I finally figured it out. Hope it helps.
https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/how-to-back-up-a-trailer-like-a-man

I'm now traveling fulltime and love it. Ask as many questions as you need. We've all been there. Have fun!
Cheryl
Today me will live in the moment unless it's unpleasant in which case me will eat a cookie ~~~Cookie Monster

IrishIroamed

Postby monik7 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:51 am

Welcome to the forum Leslie.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby MandysMom » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:28 am

Welcome Leslie from northern California !
Velda
MandysMom

Postby avalen » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:44 am

Welcome from Arizona
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby OregonLuvr » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:44 am

Happy you found us, we are a small but mighty group. Many of us have met, but most are forum friends. Great group for support and information.

Welcome from southern Oregon.
Karen

Emma Tibetan Spaniel
OregonLuvr

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:39 am

Welcome to the forum. You may not find a "group" of us heading off in the same direction as you but depending upon the route you take many of us are happy to meet up with you if you are able to slow down enough to park for a night or two. And we would love to hear your stories and experiences.

Tina
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby snowball » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:12 pm

welcome Leslie as you come to know us you will find we all have been there done that and still do
I tow a 5th wheel and still don't back up more than a few feet... one day I will have to look at that you tube thing that Cheryl posted. until then I will trust those I ask for help from...
I am a creature of habit so travel up North to stay with daughter who has room for me and my 5th wheel back down to Quartzsite AZ when the weather starts getting iffy
what part of AZ do you come from? there are lots a long the way so just let us know where and when
sheila
snowball

Postby gypsyrose1126 » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:26 am

Hello from Wisconsin
Rosemary
gypsyrose1126

Postby Rufflesgurl » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:53 pm

Hi Leslie form N. Central CA.
Rufflesgurl

Return to Introduce Yourself