Good Morning from Beautiful NW Tennessee!

Come on in and say hello.

Re: Good Morning from Beautiful NW Tennessee!

Postby Cedar518 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:36 pm

Welcome Mitch!

How do you like the FunFinder? i looked at them next door in Vt,... only problem was the color orange! :roll: I thought it was a pretty neat little rig. Orange has never been my favorite color. Other than that I liked it,... seemed like good workmanship. Would you recommend that make?

I'm glad you found us....
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:01 pm

Michelle, I can't even remember all the suburbs I lived in - but I spent the longest time in Bensenville. Owned a business there, also. Was on the edge by Elmhurst. I also lived in Glendale Heights for a year. Went to college in Downers Grove - spent a lot of time in Naperville. When did you live in Des Plaines?
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:33 pm

Hi, Cedar!

I love our Fun Finder. It's a great little trailer - really pretty well made considering how light it is. I'm not sure what you mean by the orange color? Their current (I believe) interior colors are red, taupe, and blue. The wallpaper is a neutral taupe-ee/brownish color.

I was restricted to 3,500# because of our tow vehicle (Siena van). Thank goodness for the internet because before I started my research, I thought any old car could pull any old trailer! What a dangerous misconception, eh?

Didn't get factory air because I was told it was WAY too big of a unit for such a tiny trailer. I installed a Polar Cub after taking delivery, and that's still too big and noisy. So, last summer, I had a MaxxAir Fan installed. Really moves the air around and for very little draw on the battery.

There's a Yahoo Group dedicated specifically to Fun Finders (well, seems like 99% Fun Finders, 1% other lightweights). I sure have learned, and continue to learn, a lot from that group.

There are some interior pictures on my little website: http://georgeandmichelle.com/mobile%20marlin.html

So, do you think maybe it was another little trailer that was orange? That has me stumped.

Well, have a good evening, what's left of it! Bed-time for me....zzzzzzzzzz

Michelle
mitch5252

Postby mitch5252 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:35 pm

Bethers wrote:Michelle, I can't even remember all the suburbs I lived in - but I spent the longest time in Bensenville. Owned a business there, also. Was on the edge by Elmhurst. I also lived in Glendale Heights for a year. Went to college in Downers Grove - spent a lot of time in Naperville. When did you live in Des Plaines?

Beth, we were in mostly the same 'burbs! I grew up in Elmhurst and worked for years in Naperville. I was in Des Plaines in about 1971 or so. When were you in Naperville? That is one big sprawl now!!!
mitch5252

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:47 am

Mitch,

Your FunFinder is great! Thanks for the pictures. It was a while ago that I looked at them at Ehler's RV dealership in VT,... the unit I saw had quite a bit of orange. Yours is exactly what i'd like! Maybe i should plan another visit to VT to check them out! :D

I'm also limited to 3500# for my Ford Escape. i also tow with a friend's Ford Explorer which is rated for 5500#. Then it's like the Chalet isn't even there!

Hope to meet you out on the trail!
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:58 am

It's sure a small world - I was in Des Plaines the same time you were - I graduated from high school there in 1970 - and lived in Des Plaines while attending college in other cities. Do you remember the White Hen Pantry that was on York at the corner of York and Grand? I owned that from 1983 - 1993. From 1980 to the end of the 80's, I was with a man whose family was in Naperville - so we spent lots of time there. I never lived there, tho.

We probably crossed paths somewhere :)

Love your little trailer. if you cut off the driving portion of my Class C, you probably have more space inside than me. I love the cosiness.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:06 pm

Hi, Cedar!

Yes, it's a great little trailer. I looked at the Aliners before making up my mind. I figured I'd have better luck if I was ever by myself with a little, hard-sided trailer, instead of having to muscle some stuck thing in the rain! :) Do Aliners have bathrooms? I seem to recall they don't...

I now wish I'd waited 2 years for my purchase (not really) but, Shadow Cruiser has this wonderful new layout for a 16' Fun Finder, and just slighly heavier (100#) than mine. I'm going to try and insert a pic of the floorplan. Dang, it has a fireplace!!! Several days ago, I found a photograph of the interior - very cool. The fireplace has a flat panel tv above it. Oh, well...

If I can find that interior photo again, I'll post it. Imagine - a tiny little trailer with a fireplace!
mitch5252

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 12:12 pm

Found the picture I was looking for. Can you believe that's inside of a 16' trailer! I asked my dealer if he had one on the lot I could take a peek at, and he said, "No, but he'd be glad to order me one so I could be first on the block!!" I laughed at him for quite a while!

Gosh, I wish they'd had that in '07!
mitch5252

Postby Cedar518 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:54 pm

Hi again Mitch,

I have a Chalet,... not an Aliner. Chalets are larger and heavier (!) but the roof system is similiar. Mine does not have a bathroom but some do, complete with shower. I keep a portapotti under a beach towel in front of the sofa,... looks like a hassock. As I'm not a full timer or even a snowbird I don't mind doing showers in the cammpground bathhouse during summer camping trips.

Re: fireplace. in a space that small I think I'd rather have storage. Or maybe an extra foot of space in the kitchen. :lol:

I really like the Fun Finder and will probably re-visit Ehler's in Essex Jct., VT. Who knows,... in reality I'm too poor to think about trading, but it is a nice thought.
Cedar518

Postby mitch5252 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 3:20 pm

Cedar518 wrote: As I'm not a full timer or even a snowbird I don't mind doing showers in the cammpground bathhouse during summer camping trips.

Re: fireplace. in a space that small I think I'd rather have storage. Or maybe an extra foot of space in the kitchen. :lol:

I really like the Fun Finder and will probably re-visit Ehler's in Essex Jct., VT. Who knows,... in reality I'm too poor to think about trading, but it is a nice thought.

To be perfectly honest, when I saw the full inside picture of that Fun Finder, I thought it was really impractical! It has an inflatable bed somehow. How's that going to work if you're boondocking? And there's a rather big dining table in one picture...where the heck does that get stored? But I thought the fireplace was cozy! We lost our fireplace when we moved to Tennessee and we both miss it lots! Now, if I had all the money in the world and a much larger tow vehicle, and maybe a hired driver...

No one has ever showered in our tiny bathroom...not sure how easy or comfortable or effective it would be!!! Showerhouse works great for us, too!
mitch5252

Postby Excel » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:53 pm

Welcome Mitch....Haven't had time to check with what's going on here for a day or two...and now I see you've introduced yourself....Sure glad you found this site...it's a 'keeper' ... Wonderful gals that are always there no matter what the need...Anyhow, glad you found us!! Oh Yeah...almost forgot...Talk about a small world...Born in Chicago, raised in Cicero, moved to Chicago again...lived in Oak Lawn for a while...then moved here to California. Didn't know any one else was from that part of the world till you joined us & shared your background....So nice to see all your pictures...That trailer really looks great...has all you need...So enjoy...as it seems that's just what you're doin'..... 8-)
Excel

Postby islandmomma » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:05 pm

Welcome Michelle!! I am adding Tennessee to my list LOL (actually it was already on there tee hee)... You may be sorry...:)

If you ever get back to Canada (Vancouver Island), we usually have better weather and if I ever come home again LOL, I would be happy to show you a good Canuck welcome :).

jan
islandmomma

Location: Vancouver Island, BC is my home base but have been 'on the road' since April 18, 2009

Postby mitch5252 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:21 pm

islandmomma wrote:Welcome Michelle!! I am adding Tennessee to my list LOL (actually it was already on there tee hee)... You may be sorry...:)

If you ever get back to Canada (Vancouver Island), we usually have better weather and if I ever come home again LOL, I would be happy to show you a good Canuck welcome :).

jan

If you're ever in NW TN, I'd be disappointed if you didn't stop by - just so long as you don't use formaldahyde in my septic system! :) And I might someday take you up on YOUR offer - British Columbia is one of my most favorite places in the world! And those Purdy's Sweet Georgia Browns! OMG - I don't like chocolate very much, but those things are absolutely to die for! Like our American 'turtle' candies, but WAY, WAY, WAY (WAY) better - SO fresh and oh, there just aren't words (and this is coming from a non-chocolate lover!)!!!

Michelle
mitch5252

Postby Nasoosie » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:06 pm

WELCOME, Michelle!

Now that I am drooling all over my keyboard, it's nice to meet you! I love your little trailer, too, and went to the website to check out some floor plans and all----sounds like a wonderful trailer company.

Hope to see a lot of you on here, and pictures, too-----BUT-----those chocolate things are NOT helping my new diet!

Happy Spring!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby Birdie » Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:36 pm

Welcome aboard, Michelle. I, too, am new to the group. You will find them a lot of fun, full of vim, vigor and vitality as well as a good source of information. I know you will love being a part of the group. They already talked me into a GTG at Port Lavaca. It was great fun and marvelous meeting the sisters, even if I did get stuck in the parking lot trying to hook up and leave. Birdie (nancy)
2012 Class A Winnebago 30T (is for sale)
Coach House Platnium (my now rig)
Chevy HHR
Birdie

Location: After 10 years full-time, I am off the road in North FL!

PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself