Hello Everyone

Come on in and say hello.

Hello Everyone

Postby reanns » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:26 pm

I am a 62-year old widow who just returned from serving in the Peace Corps. My home in Wilmington, NC is rented for the next 2 years so I took this opportunity to live out one of my dreams - buying an RV and going full-time, touring the US, Canada and Alaska. Drove to Tucson and purchased a 29' Minnie Winnie on 3/6. Spent the first 2 nights across the street in the dealer's RV park so I could learn how to plug, un-plug and see if everything works. Then off to Florida on my first, rather long road-trip before heading back to NC to register and get plates. The problem arose when I got to Kerrville, TX - horrid weather. Heavy rains (5"), high winds and just plain yucky. So decided to stay put and have been here since Tuesday evening. Great park (Buckhorn Lake RV Resort) and wonderful people, but finally clearing and heading out tomorrow morning. I went online to Workcamper and got the first job I applied for - Yellowstone Inn and RV Park just outside Cody, WY starting 5/10. So will cross the country again soon. Have found RVers to be a wonderful, helpful, joyous bunch of folks. The person who assisted me in 'dumping' the first time was a wonderful, knowledgeable woman who didn't giggle too loudly as I fumbled my way through this necessary but not totally pleasant part of living in a coach. Hope to meet and make a load of new friends as I travel around this big, beautiful country.

ReAnn
http://www.myhomeontheroam.blogspot.com
reanns

Re: Hello Everyone

Postby avalen » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:39 pm

Welcome Rehans, so glad you found us, and I'm so looking forward to stories
of your travels. I've always wanted to go to Yellowstone, so I'm sure looking
forward to your trip there too. :D
I'm off to check out your blogspot now.
Somewhere with Ava and Maggie
avalen

Postby Bethers » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:19 pm

Hi ReAnn -
Too bad you didn't join last week - you could have met some of us here in TX the past few days (yes, in this yucky, cold, unusual weather). But it will happen, just another time.

I see you already took a workamp job for this summer. If you change your mind, I notice you mentioned traveling to AK. A couple of us are doing that this summer and we'd love to have you join us. Right now it's a small group of 4 rigs (we don't want a big caravan, but like the idea of helping each other) and a mixed group - as we have 3 women coming from this forum, and 2 gentlemen from a single's rv forum some of us also belong to. Anyway, that's an option if you're interested.

Very glad to have you here - and yes, we women do have great senses of humor, but with them we have big hearts and helping hands and minds.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Lotus » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:41 pm

Hello ReAnn,
Welcome to this forum. Wow, I just got your PM, and you are here already!! Look forward to reading more about your travels.

Becky (Lotus)
Lotus

Postby Echo » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:40 pm

Welcome, welcome, welcome!!!! And welcome again. :lol:

So glad that you jumped on in. Don't take nothing at all to get your feet wet and comfortable in here!

You will find that we are a good group of women. We're nosy in a very good way. We love to hear what's going on in your little part of the world and we love, love lots of pictures!!!

Hope you figure out that you have found a home here.
Echo
Who is a work camper of 4 seasons,
and now has a truck & travel trailer to live in!
Co-horts: daughter Kelly & 'Shade' the Pom.

Echo

Postby Nasoosie » Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:55 am

WELCOME, REANN!!

Very nice to meet you! I am excited that you already found a work-camp job where you wanted to be! It gives me hope that I might able to afford to retire when I am planning in 2010. Now, after you learn how to post pictures on here, I can't wait to see your new rig and see a picture of you! You will find us all to be a fantastic group of people!
Life is about learning to dance in the rain
Happy travels!
ImageImage
Nasoosie

Postby BirdbyBird » Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:40 am

Welcome. Sounds as if your "jello" plans are looking pretty exciting. Hope to see you down the road somewhere. I probably won't make it to Yellowstone area of the West this year but do scout it out for any of us that haven't been there yet! :) Where did you do your Service, here in the US or abroad?
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby retiredhappy » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:03 am

Welcome Reann. I'm from Kerrville Texas. I usually spend the winter at Guadalupe RV Resort but have spent some time at Buckhorn - great park. Hope to meet up with you somewhere.
Karen West
Baxter, Sophie, & Bailey

retiredhappy

Postby Sparkle » Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:18 am

Welcome ReAnn. I Workamp, and a word of warning. After you have been traveling there is a feeling of let down when you get to your job. Give it time and you will either settle in, or say, no way, this is not what I retired for! I stuck out my first job for the six month season, in retrospect I should have left then, but they promise to make changes and I'm going back there this year. Echo and her daughter will be there too. Are you working any hours for your campsite? That gets to be a drag, did it once, never again, unless its somewhere I REALLY want to be. You sound as though you have all your ducks in a row and are managing just fine. We are glad to have you with us.
Sparkle

Postby WickedLady » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:59 am

Welcome, REANN! Keep us posted on your travels and enjoy every mile.
WickedLady

Postby rvgrammy1953 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:20 pm

Hello, Reann....and Welcome!! We are a crazy, but loving bunch and have loads of fun, advice, and shoulders to cry on, if needed....Jump in anywhere!!
ImageImage
Lori, Ernie & Spinner
2012 Open Range Roamer 5er
2008 Toyota Tundra
http://grammyandpapaswildadventure.blogspot.com
rvgrammy1953

Postby reanns » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:13 pm

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I love crazy women - we're the best of the best!

I'm trying to figure out where to go to post pics, like mine and Winnie's. I found the avatar page, but it didn't give me the option to post from my desktop. Assistance, please.

I post bunches of pix on my blog. I'd share my smiling face if I could figure this out (which really isn't smiling right now because I drove thru poring rain thru downtown Houston - YUCK- lots of fender-benders and people driving way to fast for the conditions.) Managed to make it to my overnight destination on the far east side and hopefully it will stop raining by morning (I know - Texans want and need the rain) so I can make my next pit stop (Bay St. Louis, MS) tomorrow night without the stress, headache, stiff neck and cramped hands that I arrived with today.

ReAnn
reanns

Postby Cedar518 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:12 pm

Welcome ReAnn! I'm off to check out your blog now,.... will catch up with you again tomorrow I'm sure.
Cedar518

Postby Bethers » Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:51 pm

Reann,
Find the post on the best way to post pictures on this forum in our maintenance/tech room. Here's a direct link to that post: Posting Pics

Yep, this rain should be ending tonight and tomorrow through the rest of this week will be great here - you should spend some time in TX with those of us here :) Have a good ride to your destination!
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Liz » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:01 am

Welcome Reann! You sound like you have some exciting plans laid out for the next 2 years. Glad you joined our group and I too look forward to hearing about your travels and your workcamping job. We love pictures!
Liz
https://wheresliz2018.blogspot.com
"Life in the presence of God...is a life to be enjoyed every moment of every day." A. W. Tozer
Liz

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself