Hello from Virginia

Come on in and say hello.

Hello from Virginia

Postby rvatraveler » Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:39 am

Hi, everybody, I'm a writer and RVer from Richmond, VA. I am only a part-timer, but I hope someday to full-time. My main passions are writing, RVing, and connecting with other women writers. I have a 13ft Scamp trailer, which I love, but will probably be upgrading to a small motorhome this next year.

I'm a blogger, a memoirist, and nonfiction writer. If you like to write, I'd love to hear from you. I recently started a new website called WanderingWordsWomen.com. I hope to build a community of other women writers who RV. I hope you'll check it out.

I'm glad to have found you!

Annette Marquis
rvatraveler

Re: Hello from Virginia

Postby Bethers » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:34 pm

Welcome, Annette!

I wanted to be a writer once upon a time... I'm still an avid reader. I will check out your website.

Jump in here anywhere/any time. Glad to have you with us.
Beth
“Dare to live the life you have dreamed for yourself. Go forward and make your dreams come true.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson ~
"He who treasures the small things in life has found the path to true happiness"
Bethers

Postby Irmi » Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:37 pm

Hi Annette! My husband & I travel through Richmond to go to our winter home in FL, but we reside on the eastern shore of MD. I am not a writer but look forward to your blog. I play for two churches, one in MD and the other in Ocala. Welcome to the forum!
Irmi

Postby Rufflesgurl » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:15 pm

Welcome Annette from No. Central CA. Look forward to reading your writings.

Linda
Rufflesgurl

Postby rvatraveler » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:54 pm

Bethers wrote:Welcome, Annette!

I wanted to be a writer once upon a time... I'm still an avid reader. .

Thanks, Bethers, for the warm welcome. It's never too late to be a writer. But even if you don't write, we need readers, so you're good there! Looking forward to hanging out here.

Annette
[url]http://wordswomen.com/
[/url]
rvatraveler

Postby BirdbyBird » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:55 pm

Welcome from SW Ohio when I am there and from anywhere on the road when I am not!
Tina and the furry companions...Lark, Audrey and Jane
BirdbyBird

Postby rvatraveler » Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:58 pm

Irmi wrote:Hi Annette! My husband & I travel through Richmond to go to our winter home in FL, but we reside on the eastern shore of MD. I am not a writer but look forward to your blog. I play for two churches, one in MD and the other in Ocala. Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the welcome, Irmi! I know a lot of folks who travel through the Richmond area on their way North and South. I'm hoping a few will stop in for our writers' retreat in late March. When do you make the trek north?
rvatraveler

Postby rvatraveler » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:00 pm

It's so great to hear where everyone is from, where you are, and where you're going. Thanks for the warm welcome!
rvatraveler

Postby Irmi » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:52 pm

Annette, we leave about the middle of October and return to MD around Memorial weekend. I would love to meet you! We often stop at an Americamp campground on our way south, just south of Richmond. Perhaps you could meet us there?
Irmi

Postby monik7 » Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:29 pm

Welcome from the San Francisco Bay Area.
Sandi
Bindi (Maltipoo) and Abby (Shih Tzu/Poodle)

"Without the animals men would die of a great loneliness of the spirit." ~ Chief Seattle
“A dog can change the way you see the world.” ~ Anyone who has a dog
monik7

Postby snowball » Thu Sep 06, 2018 9:25 pm

Welcome Annette
not a writer but read although rarely non fiction
what type of books do you write
will check out the blog
sheila
snowball

Postby froggi » Fri Sep 07, 2018 11:38 pm

Hi Annette....
I'm a long-time member but pretty much dropped out of the RVing forums when we moved to Eucador for two years and only recently started checking them again. Beth told me you were here so thought I'd drop a note.

We were full-timers for ten years but last year bought a house and are now snowbirds. There is a small group on FaceBook for RVing authors that I belong to, if you are on there. Feel free to send me a friend request!
froggi

Postby JudyJB » Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:59 pm

Welcome to the forum!

I do a lot of wandering, but not much time for writing unless you count writing endless comments on student papers! I teach online Business Communication Methods 320 for a college in Michigan, and after 13 years in a classroom, I am starting my 16th year teaching online! This has always been a part-time job, but it pays my travel costs. It also gives me something to do and keeps me busy. The only negative is that it does not give me enough time to do as much reading as I want. (I read almost entirely non-fiction.) Have you or are you writing about your years in Ecuador?

I am in Oregon for the next month and then heading to Northern California and Nevada, then Arizona and New Mexico, and finally east to Michigan and Ohio for next summer.
JudyJB
http://grandmajjb.blogspot.com/
https://2022humongousukadventure.blogspot.com/
"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts." Mark Twain.
JudyJB

Location: In various COE and state parks in Florida for winter.

Postby Cudedog » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:04 pm

JudyJB wrote:I am in Oregon for the next month and then heading to Northern California and Nevada, then Arizona and New Mexico, and finally east to Michigan and Ohio for next summer.

Hi Judy! Will you be stopping anywhere in Northern California on your way to Arizona?

Anne
The Stone Wind
Hand Made Hammered Copper & Natural Stone Jewelry
https://www.etsy.com/shop/thestonewind/
Cudedog

Postby SoCalGalcas » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:28 pm

Hi Annette, a late welcome from San Diego. I am a reader of fiction. 150 books last year. My daughter is writing a book. If it ever gets published, I will shout it here. I am a part time RVer. Lyn

Limits exist only in the souls of those who do not dream./Desktop/IMG_0228.jpg
SoCalGalcas

Next

Return to Introduce Yourself